This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
Sign in to follow this  
joeycracknl

Share your .unr (TO MAPS)

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl

Are there servers owners willing to zip up their /Maps/ folder and send me all their .unr files?

Recently i started a little project where i use 7-ZIP to make a archive of every TO .unr Map and include all the file depencies it requires (.uax, .umx, .utx, ,.u etc)

For now i have done about 420 out of 570 Maps i was able to found over the internet a year back (Saved on http://tacops.tk)
The plan is to also split up all 30+ Mappacks i have found so i have a archive of "All" TO maps.

I found out some servers out there have maps that you cant find anywhere with google or remaining TO sites like Spielwiese.

I want to make a collection of all remaining TO maps left in existence combined that if you download one, it has all files needed to play.
(Yes i am aware of file missmatches since some maps have files with same filename but different size, i plan to document this with help of software)

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

how u will know that there are "just" 570 maps?
im pretty sure there are alot of more maps, which was never released, maybe just at one server or anything
when u think ure list is complete send me the link, i even will save this, thatsdont get lost 

i u want i can make u a all vs all gameplayfor youtube?

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

Shame i don't have all my maps, They where only running at -/EDF/-Sector 28.

And most TO sites are long gone that had maps.

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl

Kimo i know there are more then 570 maps as those not even include 30+ Mappacks i have found after searching google for days on end a year back.

By zipping every Seperate Map and Maps from Mappack into single zip files its much easier to determine what maps i have found.

After i have all maps processed from tacops.tk google drive folder i can start to add missing maps from "Server's map folders"

(Beside the .unr some servers have, im sure i have all TO Maps files you can find on the internet these days :P)

Edited by joeycracknl

Pillarist    12
Pillarist

I assume you already included mine? :o  TO-Karaganda and TO-Mist  (TO-Outpost is mine too but its not rly worth uploading cuz it sux and is unfinished)

If not ill be glad to give you the .unrs 

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl

The TO-Mist i found here on download section, TO-Karaganda i cant find though.

So far i only have to do 100 last seperate Maps then split all Mappacks to individual files.

Then i found about 100 older Maps on the UT99 file archive site i still gotta test.

Also Filemissmatches arent really a problem, only about 10maps that use different files with same name then others. (And that is 90℅ they stripped unused textures out of .utx texture packs, and are compatible with the 'original' version of that file.

After this all is done its time to make some screenshots of all maps. Sometimes in wonder why i start these 'projects' ike this, but i find it so relaxing i guess.

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl

Found like a Map Database with over 1149 Maps at http://downloads.tactical-ops.org/index.php?page=1&dir=TO_File_Database/Assets/Maps/
so there must be some maps i dont have what is nice :) (570 Maps + 49 Map Packs) will come close i think though.

Then also this Old Stash of TO 2.2 Maps at http://medor.no-ip.org/index.php?dir=Maps/TO/TO22/ where i want to test some from as i have allready seen TO 3.4 playable maps in there.

Progress :P

lol.png

Th120    18
Th120

http://spielwieseserver.de/include.php?path=content/overview.php&type=4

You already have these files? :D

I have one advice for you: It may take a lot of time to check the maps, but don't add every single map you find. We have so many Trash maps in our archive and honestly some of them are a waste of both space and time ;)

In general almost every 1> mb map is bullshit (from my point of view :D)

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl

Yea i got all the files from spielwieseserver.de took me quite a long time a year back clicking thru all pages and links :)

And yes, indeed there are allot of shit maps between them, but from size alone its hard to judge it. At the moment i dont ''judge'' maps i just gather files and make them complete so to say.

Contacted the guys over at tactical-ops.org and hopefully they make a one package download with over 1500 Maps.....
Its not like i am rushing this, or this has to be done fast, i take my time and do a few maps when i have time.

Currently done about 600 maps, that are all maps from my google drive folder and i started to split up some map packs already.

Beside a few file missmatches of maps i know off and have noted to ''research'' a bit, its quite nice to drop 600 archives in your TO folder, click on Extract Here and boom ready to start TO without moving any files and not having 100's of readme's everywhere spreaded arround. But since most maps dont have bot support i guess the thought behind it is to preserve all maps intact, and remove bad ones etc.

Pillarist    12
Pillarist
16 uren geleden, Th120 zei:

In general almost every 1> mb map is bullshit (from my point of view :D)

rofl... not a single original map from TO is lower then 1MB, care to elaborate?

Every single map thats somewhat popular, is bigger then 1MB. 

Th120    18
Th120
On 11.11.2016 at 1:19 PM, Pillarist said:

rofl... not a single original map from TO is lower then 1MB, care to elaborate?

Every single map thats somewhat popular, is bigger then 1MB. 

There are lots of crappy maps which are less then 1mb. (never seen a good map with this filesize)

Pillarist    12
Pillarist
12 uren geleden, Th120 zei:

There are lots of crappy maps which are less then 1mb. (never seen a good map with this filesize)

<1 means lower then 1.

1> means higher then 1.

Th120    18
Th120
5 hours ago, Pillarist said:

<1 means lower then 1.

1> means higher then 1.

no

>1 OR 1< means higher

"The crocodile eats the number that is bigger" :D

Pillarist    12
Pillarist
41 minuten geleden, Th120 zei:

no

>1 OR 1< means higher

"The crocodile eats the number that is bigger" :D

*mind blown* for real??

Wtf I always thought it was the other way around roflll

Th120    18
Th120
41 minutes ago, Pillarist said:

*mind blown* for real??

Wtf I always thought it was the other way around roflll

yep, but 1> mb looks quite bad, better would be <1 mb :D

B2t, most of the "less than 1mb" are crappy because their mylevel package is empty (no screenshot for the objectives).

Back in the days with my 56k modem my hate on those stupid maps were bigger because it took ages to download them (today I hate them because they are poorly made).

I also released some bullshit maps (pentagonsecrets, xxs-mappack, cia building; I hate myself for these), but they are not that bad. 

A lot of the good maps drown in the high amount of shit maps

Edited by Th120

Pillarist    12
Pillarist
5 uren geleden, Th120 zei:

yep, but 1> mb looks quite bad, better would be <1 mb :D

B2t, most of the "less than 1mb" are crappy because their mylevel package is empty (no screenshot for the objectives).

Back in the days with my 56k modem my hate on those stupid maps were bigger because it took ages to download them (today I hate them because they are poorly made).

I also released some bullshit maps (pentagonsecrets, xxs-mappack, cia building; I hate myself for these), but they are not that bad. 

A lot of the good maps drown in the high amount of shit maps

Yeah I totally agree. TO-Karaganda and TO-Outpost aren't maps i'm proud of but thats why I am here today, I wanna show what i am capable of xD

Made TO-Mist which is on sG server as Mistv2 at the moment for testing, having fun times tbh! but I think some people have lag because its too complex for low end computers. You need a decent one for it to run smoothly and I think thats why people seem to dislike it. 

Also made a Fall map to see how popular those are today, havent seen many in maplists so figured i'd give it a try.

Don't you make maps anymore today TH120? Maybe if you got the time for it we can try and make a collaboration map? 

@joeycracknl You can download it here. 

Have had the suggestion to change the event of the spawncrusher (you know what I mean when u play it ;) ) but I can't change the interval to non-repeating because that way it will only work the first round. Its something we gotto see past to make sure campers can't ruin the gameplay by not jumping down. Either way, got any more suggestions, let me know! :D

Th120    18
Th120
13 hours ago, Pillarist said:

Don't you make maps anymore today TH120? Maybe if you got the time for it we can try and make a collaboration map? 

No time, no motivation.

I can't change the interval to non-repeating because that way it will only work the first round.

You can implement a "spawn crusher" by using the TO_RoundTimedTrigger or by using a simple trigger with a delay or by using a mover with triggercontrol enabled

Pillarist    12
Pillarist
2 uren geleden, Th120 zei:

No time, no motivation.

You can implement a "spawn crusher" by using the TO_RoundTimedTrigger or by using a simple trigger with a delay or by using a mover with triggercontrol enabled

Yeah idd, plenty of solutions but with fair amount of booze n weed its kinda hard to find m

Th120    18
Th120
On 22.12.2016 at 5:10 AM, joeycracknl said:

Few weeks later: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6eENJfjixsNSDdiX1p6ZFNZNnM --> then go Maps New over 1000 playable 3.4 maps

Some are insane ugly, some are some good hidden gems :P

edit: TH120 i think i seen your name on quite a few maps

I released only a few maps (my old maps suck btw :D).

For the Spielwiese Mappack vol 2 I spent more time reworking other maps than working on mine (I think I worked more than 1000h or even 2000h on that one :D)

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

this map vote sucks :P i like the normal system

but for what is the.bat starter?

Sign in to follow this