This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
Sign in to follow this  
Thomas

Third Anniversary Tournament: Mishap

bRo`    4
bRo`
c'mon this is tac ops server, there was not an announce about cw style either.
This tournament is TDM & CTF, so some dont want to play tdm/ctf either?
Tdm= C4 and gas
Clan war enabled= m60, parker and that granade launcher.
But to be able to do the map missions is needed.

Like i said... I am okay with the weapons but just not the c4 and teargas..

A clanwar is NOT the same as TDM. Clanwars are about tactics and objectives. TDM is plain killing eachother...without objectives or anything...
If i want it like TDM or CTF server, i can play on the server and i wouldnt have to join this tournament.

bRo`    4
bRo`

I would really appreciate it if you would respond to this, so everything is clear and we can move on or not with this tournament. What settings are being used from now on?

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

After the first match =EVA= vs =J.L= There was not any problems with settings.
But since other players wants clawar mod settings, So i think we would go with that.
(Don't think it matters for the rest, Guess they agree with war settings for TDM)
But i'm not the one that decides things.
But hopefully some replays to this post topic since the war should be this weekend.

sullivaN.    9
sullivaN.

Tdm settings is almost the same as ctf. Why we should play a war twice with almost the same settings...?

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

Two different game style, Since tacops server have both TDM & CTF there will be a tournament for both.
And there should be standard settings for war(TDM), But i'm fine with whatever it be.

bRo`    4
bRo`

Anyways im available tonight if needed

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

PLS RECORD THIS MATCH

sullivaN.    9
sullivaN.

I could play tonight, but maybe we could start earlyer than last time?

repenter    0
repenter

Hi dude :)
I figured out that u r admin of ut servers. Im 24 from Iran and I love ut 1999 goty and my version has a modification, Tactical ops 2. I love it too.

Dude can u plz guide me how i can play online these games?

I have ut 1999 goty on my laptop.
I dl game tracker application and have an account.
I opened this page and click on join
http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/ ... .229:7777/
but when the game wants to start, It said on top of screen:
connection failed, rejected by server.

I have win 7 64 bit.

can u plz help me? I love this game.

I understood that I should add ur server to application and typed ur name , ip and port. didnt type anything for server password.
but got the same error. can u help me ? :)

Thomas    312
Thomas

Welcome to our forums and the TO community! :)

I'll briefly explain the history of Tactical Ops (hereafter abbreviated to 'TO'), which should help you to understand how it works (summarized):

In 1999, TO started as a modification for Unreal Tournament (known as the 'mod versions').
Eventually, in 2002, a stand alone version of the game was released. Since this version the game was no longer a mod for UT, but a game on its own. (Also known as the 'retail version').

The latest patch released by the official developers (Kamehan Studios), is patch 3.4.0.
In 2004, the TO community was granted permission from Atari (the official publisher of the retail version) to continue to develop the game, which resulted in version 3.5.0 in 2005.

These two versions (3.4 and 3.5) are still played today, and are considered to be two 'different' games with their own separated community.

Our servers are running version 3.4 of the game. Therefore, in order to play on our servers, you must have the retail version of the game, and the 3.4 patch. The 3.4 patch can be downloaded here. As for the retail version of the game, Atari is still offering the game for sale, here. Okay, or not, while I was looking up the URL to insert in the post it turns out that Atari is no longer selling it (a couple of months ago they still did, so this is new for me). However, an alternative seller can be found here.

Unfortunately, as the publishing rights are still in the hands of Atari, we can not provide you with a copy of the retail version.

But feel free to send me a PM, so I can send you some... files.... *hint hint hint hint*.

Thomas    312
Thomas

How about a match this Sunday? :)

Twist    24
Twist

Sure :)
it has been a while

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

I think you have the date always consistently specify otherwise, the tournament is never completed

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

Bareilly noone have have any time i guess....

bRo`    4
bRo`

Team Awesome vs EVA :)

i can play at sunday ^^

Tomek Nysa    17
Tomek Nysa

I can't play on Sunday, but I will ask other players from EVA.

sullivaN.    9
sullivaN.

I could play on sunday, but it depends at wich time.

Twist    24
Twist

i could play in the evening, but not too late

Tomek Nysa    17
Tomek Nysa

What about 19.00 (UTC+1)?

bRo`    4
bRo`

How about we meet at 19.00 CET on the TS server. Then we go from there and see how many people are available.

Tomek Nysa    17
Tomek Nysa

OK for me.

Sign in to follow this