This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
Sign in to follow this  
toddgiffen

setting up a seattle, wa server. for west coast/etc. help?

toddgiffen    0
toddgiffen

So I want to set up a west coast server. I will probably be making an installer for users who don't have TO AOT anymore, since it's pretty much legacy ware, "abandoned" and has several bugs many users never get past which I can fix in a custom installer.

But for now I will focus on simply: where do I find all the necessary patches, and files for a TO:AOT server? I have the original game disc, downloading AOT patches here including the Community Patch. But map packs, .. and what about TOST? Anti-cheat software & The Server Tools. Everything today seems to be sort of gone or hard to find via Google.

I will keep looking but I also am looking for a guide to install AOT on Linux for the server. Is there a Linux patch/installer like UT99 has?

Whatever I find or people provide to me, I will archive it and host it forever on my upcoming "TO:AOT" site.

I intend to make a public "map" server for downloading textures/maps as well. Mostly for the "redirect" for in game use that anyone can use, so providing any information for potential files to host or add I am also welcoming.

Edited by toddgiffen

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

spielwieseserver.de have the most stuff.

Anti cheat

Maps

Mappacks

Mutator/Mods

Tost

server/patches

Tools

Most other sites are closed.

toddgiffen    0
toddgiffen

Are there guides to installing Tactical Ops on Linux? Cause I have an Ubuntu box, 13.04.. And I downloaded the Linux patch from here: http://icculus.org/~ravage/tacticalops/

The patch starts running, verifies it's integrity, and then decompresses... At which point is stops and closes, and no error, no nothing.

My theory is that something has changed since the releasing of this patch to not make it work on modern systems. Otherwise, it could be that I am running it from the command line and do not have any Windowed user interface installed, and it's trying to start up a graphical user interface to finish the installation. Does it use a graphical interface for the installation, or can it all be done from the command line (I am attempting the install over SSH, all done via command line because for one I don't think I can remotely access my server any other way and second this is how I manage the other components of the server. if I have to, I can install X and remote desktop software, but it will probably be a pain in the butt).

I don't intend to run the game, only the server.

If anyone knows please tell me. Thanks.

toddgiffen    0
toddgiffen

I installed xorg and gnome, and it turns out Tactical Ops won't even install when I remote desktop in. I think there is some problem with the installer but I got no way to find out.

Anyone who is running a server successfully install it on Linux recently?

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

No idea, Maybe Thomas knows.
Nothing on google?

Sign in to follow this