This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
Sign in to follow this  
*Lolly.

CP:I Critical point Incursion

*Lolly.    0
*Lolly.

CP:I Critical point Incursion ( standalone game , not a copy of TO)

I have been following this project for many years , and I will keep following it and eventually play it when its released !

But ,, I assume just like me many others fade away in the slow progress , rare updates ,living busy lives ; study , work , kids , et cetera

I do not doubt that this will be an awesome game , its just the fact that there are so many other games released nowadays + were all getting older I guess the active few hundred left TO player (3.1.9/ 3.4/3.5/Crossfire) are 20 + and getting more and more busy with their lives...
And the old TO community from the time this game was on clanbase , nato , etc (When it was still big) are probably even older ... I guess around 30 or older.
+ the young gamers of nowadays dont know the awesome gameplay of TO

Im not suggesting that this game will be dead before its even released , but for real I do not expect more than a few hundred or less old TO fans to play this game...

Personal conclusion : Great project , great efforts but time age caught up with us ....

just wanted to share these thoughts wih yall

Thomas    312
Thomas

(...) a few hundred or less old TO fans to play this game... (...)

That's optimistic. :)  No really, that's a huge amount.

Anyway, provided that there will be an active and friendly community, I don't think it really matters whether the majority of the TO playerbase will be playing it or not. Of course it's fun to play with veterans of the franchise, but hey, as long as it doesn't turn into a CoD type of community, we'll be fine. :P

MARTY    24
MARTY

I agree Lolly, however the game has been greenlit on steam and has a decent following there. So a few hundred might be possible and if it's really good, we still don't know for sure, it will probably grow.

Overlord / INfamous    4
Overlord / INfamous

I would say it will be " dead before its even released "  because they started making game 5  years ago, or even more? Game will have old engine, old graphics and in these days, I think that won't work with many players. I really lost hope few years ago, I am not sure are they even close to beta ? I don't want to be pessimistic but I think this project won't finish well, and hundred players for new game is not enough for me. And you are true bout one thing. Biggest fans of this game (And TO) are now older, have their life, and younger players who should start playing this game don't even know about it. They really had nice community back in 2008 but it's getting smaller and smaller, and they do nothing to speed it up. Of course, this is only my opinion, I would be glad if I am wrong.
Cheers!

sp33dCore    16
sp33dCore

I would say it will be " dead before its even released "  because they started making game 5  years ago, or even more? Game will have old engine, old graphics and in these days, I think that won't work with many players. I really lost hope few years ago, I am not sure are they even close to beta ? I don't want to be pessimistic but I think this project won't finish well, and hundred players for new game is not enough for me. And you are true bout one thing. Biggest fans of this game (And TO) are now older, have their life, and younger players who should start playing this game don't even know about it. They really had nice community back in 2008 but it's getting smaller and smaller, and they do nothing to speed it up. Of course, this is only my opinion, I would be glad if I am wrong.
Cheers!

it should be better then TO, i rather play that or CS then having to logon on TO one more fucking time =p

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

isnt better as to only better graphics but we will se, how is the gameplay when its released