This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
Sign in to follow this  
Thomas

TDM: End of Service

Thomas    312
Thomas

server_logo_tdm.pngSince the alliance with FFD, Square Gaming operates three Tactical Ops servers in total. Two of which are TDM servers.

Due to TO's ever decreasing amount of players, the two TDM servers have sadly become redundant. It is with great grief that we have therefore made the decision to close the TDM server.

The TDM server won't be taken out of commission right away. We are roughly two months away from our fifth anniversary (1st of June), an accomplishment we do not want to abstain ourselves from. Our TDM server was our first TO server and has served us very well over its entire life span, in good times and bad times. It deserves a final anniversary and an honourable decommission.

There will be a small scale celebration and farewell event prior to the decommissioning of the TDM server. We will be pushing out a newsletter as soon as we conclude deliberations regarding the details.

The CTF server will remain in service for the foreseeable future, although inevitably her end of days is closing in as well.

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

bad news i still hope that the servers are active again i dont like the other ctf server to much lag dumb admins and i see since weeks the same cheaters there xD

sp33dCore    16
sp33dCore

Ohnoos :o

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

whats with ur other acc sp33d?

DigitalNinja    0
DigitalNinja

I know I'm a month late but I haven't played in several years.  CTF servers were always the best! I wanna get back into playing.  Does anyone have links to everything that is required to install and play?  

triangle    2
triangle

I keep getting messages randomly can't download file "blablabla"  I did not buy the retail version i just downloaded the free ones and updated to patch 3.5.0 

could this be the problem? Still have not been able to connect to the servers either. My game downloads some files from the servers but then other files says cannot download file etc.. Other times says file mismatched...Also where can I get the retail version of this game?

Edited by triangle

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

You trying to play on 3.4 servers?
You need the fixed 'ini' file to see the server list since gamespy shut down masterserver.

"Also where can I get the retail version of this game?"Here

triangle    2
triangle

If i download that ZEE.WONK will it allow me to purchase the game since I will not be having a retail key or whatever; I figure I could purchase this game.

triangle    2
triangle

i got it to work but now when i connected to ya'lls TDM server i get kicked with this message:

TOST: Your keybind at key "End" has been disabled!(Reason: This command isn't allowed anymore (blacklisted))

TOST: You are using an outdated OpenGL-Driver, Please get a new one from http://cwdohnal.home.mindspring.com/utglr/ to play on this server!

went to that site but it is dead? is this problem common? and how can do I fix this?

triangle    2
triangle

Is there anyway I can make the in-game preferences and in middle of game gun names and firing modes be switch to English words so I could better under stand everything when reading etc.. its currently in german I believe.

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

Here you can get the OpenGL file, Extract it to your tactical ops system folder.

About the end keybind, It just disable the bind(you can still play) Reason why you can't play is cuz OpenGl is outdated.
There are a few ingame commands you can write in Tab.

Showteaminfo - Displays how many that are alive inkl hostages(if there are any on map)

Showweaponinfo - Displays gunnames.

Showvotetab - Opens vote menu.

About the languish, Locate your tactical ops folder and open system folder.

And search for 'TacticalOps.ini' (configure file)

Open it and search for line [Engine.Engine] and locate Language=

After Language= write eng so it says: Language=eng

And when you start the game you can go to options-preferences and change some stuff like resolution, brightness, crosshairs etc.

Hope this will help you.

Thomas    312
Thomas

About the languish, Locate your tactical ops folder and open system folder.

And search for 'TacticalOps.ini' (configure file)

Note that on Windows Vista and above, you will have to modify the ini file residing in the VirtualStore instead (due to UAC virtualization).

Enter the following location in your explorer address bar to quickly navigate to the VS: %LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

Depends on if you installed it on other location like me, Bareilly never uses the location they choice from start.

triangle    2
triangle

Any map pack downloads available?  Sometimes the files/maps transfer slow from the game server.

Thomas    312
Thomas

Which server?

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

tacticalsquare.com servers Should be fast download.

*Tactical ops: Capture the flag

*Tactical ops:Team Deathmatch

*-[FFD]- Public Playground

flyingbender    5
flyingbender

:D

Sign in to follow this