This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
Sign in to follow this  
ZEE.WONK

All Console gaming

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

I play ps2 from time to time, Owned one already but bought another one cuz this one was chipped.

Got a lot of games but half of them are just crap :P
Enjoy playing this games:

*Counter terrorist special forces-Fire for effect

*Tony hawk-Underground

*Brother in arms-Earned in blood

*Half-life

*Unreal tournament

*Mortal kombat-Deception

*Gauntlet-Seven sorrows

*Gauntlet-Dark Legacy

*Shaun Palmer's-Pro snowboarder

*GTA-Vice city

*GTA-San Andreas

*Need for speed-Undercover

*Need for speed-Carbo

*Need for speed-Underground 1+2

*Tekken 4

*Seek and destroy

*Age of empires II

Thomas    312
Thomas

You're right, this belongs in a thread not in the chat :P

I'm just pasting the chatbox conversation here so we can continue it.

• photo-thumb-1.png
    Thomas 06 Aug 11:33 AM 
    • More PS2 enthusiasts around here?default_smile.png
  • photo-thumb-45.jpg
    kimoomik 09:30 PM 
    • i still have a ps2 and a few games but i play more ps3 and ps1 games
  • photo-thumb-1.png
    Thomas 11:28 PM 
    • Ah, I still have my PS2 but unfortunately no tv to hook it up to... I wanted to play my most favorite PS2 racing game (Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero) again so my plan was to buy a composite to HDMI converter in order to hook it up to my side monitor, but eventually decided to have a look at PS2 emulation on PC first. I gotta say, I wasn't really expecting too much of it but it's actually running surprisingly smooth (using PCSX2). I thought maybe if there are more people who still have their PS2 games perhaps we could share them with each other default_smile.png
  • photo-thumb-45.jpg
    kimoomik 04:36 AM 
    • what it runs good by u? i heard from every fps changing all time and i have the same problem, but by me its the weak onboard graphic. i know what u mean old games can be hard to find or/and expensive and this game about u speak remembered me at juiced, idk whyhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVhNnDBSdxk
  • photo-thumb-1.png
    Thomas 11:47 AM 
    • It may require some tweaking to get it right, and it's definitely not perfect (it tends to stutter a bit under certain circumstences, for example when there are many cars streamed in), but it's very playable. Tokyo Xtreme Racer is the only game I've tried so far. I basically just inserted the disc in my PC, made an ISO image of it for better read performance (HD is much faster than CD drive) and just started tweaking the settings until I was satisfied enough with it. However I can imagine onboard graphics not really performing too well with this.

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

Thought it would be better, Also if people wanted to post some images or videos of recommended games.

Edited by ZEE.WONK

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

mh think u need there for every game other settings or a really nice graphic card, ps1 emulations works perfect but its simplier to emulate it 
yep noticed it with cd and iso when i play with epsxe 1.9.0 (ps1 emu) with an cd my drive works hard and loud

btw anyone know dynasty warriors? played that alot as child :D

Thomas    312
Thomas

I like your list of games, most of them I've never played before except for the GTA and NFS franchise (except for Undercover, is it as good as the Underground series?)

My games:

ps2_games.thumb.JPG.7b4f62fb525a1fc8a62b

• Call of Duty World at War - Final Fronts
  • Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
  • Tokyo Xtreme Racer: Zero
  • SSX
  • Road Trip Adventure
  • James Bond 007 in... Agent Under Fire
  • Knight Rider
  • Operation Air Assault
  • Corvette
  • Gran Turismo 4
  • 24: The Game
  • Battlefield 2: Modern Combat
  • FIFA Football 2004

We used to have more... like DTM Race Driver, GTA III and VC, NFS Underground 2 and Carbon, F1 2001/2002 (can't remember which year, all I know is that it was a phenomenal game)... but some have been perpetually borrowed by others.

I still have quite some PS1 games (Crash Bandicoot, among others) laying around here as well, just don't know where...

btw anyone know dynasty warriors? played that alot as child :D

Yes! Great memories are coming back now :D

Although it was on one of the PS2 demo discs that came with the PS2 at that time, so could only play for a few minutes before it would end the demo. More games that come to my mind now that I loved playing was The Getaway, and some motor cross game... can't remember what it's called... basically you would just do stunts in a desert-like environment.

I used to spend hours on some PS1 skating game, where you could push and kick other riders, I would love to play that one again some time. :) Does anybody recognize it and remember its name?

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

cant post atm my games i friend of me have the half :P

nfsu 1+2 i have too for me was nfsu 2 the best nfs 

when u mean for ps2 this moto cross maybe it was mx vs atv unleashed 
and this ps1 game, maybe it was skate or trasher (or maybe street sk8er) in one of both u can attack others when i remember me right, or u remember wrong and it was a snowboarding game, cool boarders 1-4 

ps1 had alot of great games as example c&c red alert, the legend of dragoon, Oddworld; Abe's Oddysee, theme park, theme hospital worms armageddon and espacilly HOGS OF WAR (frontschweine in german)

and in any fifa idk if ps1 or 2 was a player who was called Calcio (think played on inter milan) he was really imba in this game anyone know which fifa it was?

Thomas    312
Thomas

Looked up MX vs ATV, but the video's and images I found didn't trigger any memories, so I guess it's not it. Although there's some resemblance. One thing that I just recalled is that you actually could fall off the bike if you screwed up your stunt, but that's as far as my memory goes at this point.

After a bit of googling I was able to find the PS1 skating game! :) I've literally cried tears of laughter when I played this game as a kid, here's a video of it (it seems that we only had the demo version of the game though, because I do not recognize the maps in this video, but it is definitely the correct game):

Thanks for mentioning Theme Park! Completely forgot about that one, more great memories coming back to me :) Just to be sure though, do you mean the game with the assistent in the corner of the screen who would occasionally tell you what to do? Oh, and of course the huge donkey kong holding a banana in each of his hands, spinning them around xD

Not sure about the Fifa part, I've barely played any Fifa games ;)

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

mhhhhhhhhhh, maybe its one of this? http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/sneaky_gopher/lists/top-10-motocross-games/23772/
yep but in first part of theme park is no monkey i think
mh its not really a skategame where u can improve ur skills, is rather what to play in passing

i played yesterday france 98 for ps1 and in the first half i get 3 red cards xD strange controls in this old game o.O
think i dont will play old footballgames again

or carnage heart is even a nice game but the most dont understand how to create a programm there for the machines, autoprograms works only in easy mode ^^

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

I enjoy all NFS games.

Ps1; 

Rayman, Worms, Tomb raider, Crash bandicot, Gran turismo, GTA 1 & 2 xD, Tekken 1,2 & 3, Tomba(only demo), Hercules.

Alundra, Almost like Zelda. Amasing game. + lot's more. Can only remember a few.

Unfortantly i think i trow my ps1, But should have the games somewhere in basement.

Anyone else enjoy Zelda and similar games?

Oddworld Abe's Oddyse, I remember that one from a demo.. Wierd guy xD

Shone    42
Shone

Twisted metal, Syphon Filter and Tekken, imo. 3 best games i ever played on PS1. 

And btw. PS1 > PS2 

spoD.sG    2
spoD.sG

PC MASTERRACE!!!

i play on laptop

Thomas    312
Thomas

Well, not quite sure how that contributes to the topic, but hey, if it makes you happy :wink:

Anyway, I recently stumbled upon an online webshop completely dedicated to the PlayStation2 (who would've thought that to still exist in twenty-fifteen, huh :lol:). They offer a very extensive array of second hand games. They even still sell the console itself (also second hand of course -- but I assume in very acceptable condition).

Bought the game WRC II Extreme from them (it's like €3 average per game, couldn't resist that), planning on buying some more :)

Edited by Thomas

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

spod loves me, he need my attention xD
idk this game but i know a few german sites which sell old games,
here are 2: 
http://www.momox.de/
https://www.rebuy.de/
or on ebay but sometimes u pay there more as fore a new ps4 orxboxone game
i look there what they have from time to time 
bu now i thought on nfsu 2, dunno why, but i thin i play it again in next days 

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

Used to buy second handed Sega games, Oh those where good times xD

One i played a lot was road rash, Wish it was playable at PS2.

Wish 

Thomas    312
Thomas

Reminds me of the good ol' Atari XE (anyone?) times :)

Oh by the way, for those interested in the webshop I mentioned (although it's a Dutch store): http://ps2gameshop.nl/

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

Reminds me of the good ol' Atari XE (anyone?) times :)

Never seen it, But i remember using this one as a kid :P

Sega-Master-System-Set.jpg

Batman    23
Batman

If youre looking for a free roam game with tons of replayability value, check out spider-man 2 for ps2 that game was amazing, if youll excuse the pun 

I had a Sega Mega drive played tons of sonic and other classics on it. Its a shame they cant make a proper game of sonic anymore

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

no ps2 game but i started again with morrowind, for the guys which dont know its the
predecessor of oblivion and skyrim 

theres even a grafic mod that improve the graphics
but the quest system with the diary book really fucks up anyone know a mod that u can get a list of ur quests (like in skyrim, how it was on oblivion with the questsystem i dont know anymore)? 

and @Thomas maybe change the topic? in old games or similar, we have so much stuff in this thread which have nothing to do with ps2 

or lets ask u @ZEE.WONK, its urthread :P 

and btw i read in a other topic that @Jack plays stronghold crusader, u still play it? and maybe a few other guys here? lets play a onlinesession? against cpu is so easy, just recruit a few crossbow and archers for protection and u have won...
btw i even have the extremeversion and for both versions theres and hd patch available

Edited by kimoomik

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl

I love playing some console games, mostly those from older generations.

Have this classic X-Box i modified myself with a 2TB harddisk that is 90% full with over 19.000 Games :D

It has like all games from classic consoles, Atari, Nintendo,(Nes, snes, gamebody) Sega etc.
Also it has those oldskool arcade games, like in past you had those arcade halls with coin operated games etc, has like 4000+ of those.
All emulators have complete game list, with cover art, manuals, video of gameplay preview, screenshots, heck even the commercials released for those games back then.

Here is like a list of games it has: https://justpaste.it/mbvg

(Older) Video that shows the main game browser, emulators appear after the 1:00 minute mark.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lKXe_tdfzI

Most of time went into collection all files etc, just FTP'ing all files to the xbox takes over 7 full days lol....

Sometimes i activate the machine to play some games, and i just can spend hours browsing to the massive game lists of the emulators and watch some gameplay video's.

Been working on this machine a few years now. Most of the value is actually in the files itself. (Have them backup on 2 2TB different USB3 harddisks.