This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
Sign in to follow this  
Overlord / INfamous

Thing that could make community bigger

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl

Its funny that before CS:GO got skins and those boxes, it was a dead game with very low player count.
But now with all these pink and yellow skins its now suppose to be the new CS standard lol.

Well id play cs1.6 anyday over CS:GO, the movement and weapon recoil is much more skill based, as if they casualified CS:GO to attract the masses.(Especially the AWP is way too easy to handle now imo)

The matchmaking balance and people with false ranks (boosted with friends) totally ruins it for me. Got MGE out of starters and had bad games ever since.
(Mostly due too teammates not even having mic or false ranks they cant make happen)

Edited by joeycracknl

Overlord / INfamous    4
Overlord / INfamous

I was talking there as well, CP:I can be dead game even before it's released. They need teasers, monthly updates, testings, advertisements. There's no reason why younger gamer would play CP:I over CS for example. Marketing is everything, but they are on dead spot atm. Nothing happens there. It would be a shame if game gets like 300 players, and it's new game. If that will happen, maybe it's better to stop project and wait better times...

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

17 hours ago, sp33dCore said:

move to cs:go

period.

fag.

kidding @ kissssssssssss

wimpie fag still randominsults, time to rape ur ass bitch :D

5 hours ago, ZEE.WONK said:

Possible old TO players will play CP:I when(if) it releases.

http://www.criticalpointgame.com/

i lost the hope that its ever will released...

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl

Link to Image @ postimg

Very excited to see how it turns out when Floid is co owner of the youtube channel.

I updated the download about 3-4 times, and these stats are from only 13 days.

+ Dont forget the Google Drive downloads and the Mega downloads.
(And 15 downloads here lol)

I whonder guys if you had too choose where to download, would you pick Google, Mega or Mediafire?

Edited by joeycracknl

Overlord / INfamous    4
Overlord / INfamous

I got some idea for video, and youtube channel. Will contact you later when I have full idea. :D

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl

Well me and Floid.sG'' have team up and will  together be uploading videos to the 'Tactical Ops' YouTube channel.

Perhaps we can use a third guy, simply for the diversity in playing styles.
The more video's, subscribers, likes etc the channel has, it will appear in more places on YouTube.

It is not a ''skill show off'' channel, but simply to try and get in contact with ex-TO players and try get them back into the game.

Are you playing Tactical Ops on a daily basis, and have the time/upload speed to upload files to YouTube?

Plz let me know :D

(You will be added as manager, this gives you the ability, to change, add or remove video's)

I never saw this as my channel, but more "by the community for the community."
Maybe together we stand a better chance to reaching out TO players.

-Edit:
Because somebody could potentially delete all video's, you are required to be a ''respected''/ known member in the TO community

Edited by joeycracknl

Overlord / INfamous    4
Overlord / INfamous

I think you should make video with some sense, not just random frag. Even if this all stops, at least to have some cool video. No one is going to watch 5 mins of random play. Just my opinion, don't get it like critic or something :)

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl

You are absolutely right, and I dislike it that I can't edit video footage.

Sadly I don't have the time to learn that atm. I mostly play TO in the late hours after midnight just before I go to bed.

Thing is though, its not really targeted to active TO players but more the inactive ones, searching YouTube for some nostalgia :P

Maybe somebody in this community is has video edit knowledge and want to help support the channel.

Alternatively I might get into this video editing thing, but not soon at least.

Also the reason I upload some standard footage is more video=higher appearance in search results etc

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

@Thomas said @Morin can make nice edits, but we even need normal gameplay, ctf, tdm monster and maybe allvsall when again a server goes online, 3 months ago @Andy hat a allvsall server

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

Here is me a few years ago pretty noobish video.

Overlord / INfamous    4
Overlord / INfamous

Haha I have one video uploaded in 2010, kinda ashamed now, but good memories :D And @kimoomik is true, would be cool if he at least upload some CTF or war footage. I will try to make some footage when I find some time. Btw is there any chance that we get more slots on FFD server? How much would that cost? Server is full every day, maybe 2 more slots?

Peterie    93
Peterie
9 hours ago, kimoomik said:

@Thomas said @Morin can make nice edits, but we even need normal gameplay, ctf, tdm monster and maybe allvsall when again a server goes online, 3 months ago @Andy hat a allvsall server

Well, it isn't that hard to get some material. Let's all just record our gameplay. 

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl

@Zee.Wonk looks like quitte a nice video to me ^^ Well the quality aint that good but its quitte watchable :D

Today i took a look at the youtube stats, apparently the avarage viewtime is barely 1 minute

Added a stats preview as attachment. Very large image.

(best viewable with Open in New Tab and click on it to make it readable)

YT stats.png

Edited by joeycracknl

Peterie    93
Peterie

I've been looking to make edit some demo's. I've found a program I could use for this called rypelcam. The thing is. I can't find a working download link on the whole fucking internet. Does anyone still have this?

Overlord / INfamous    4
Overlord / INfamous

How do you turn on that healthbar thing under your teammate? Don't wanna tk anymore :D

kimoomik    66
kimoomik
24 minutes ago, Overlord / INfamous said:

How do you turn on that healthbar thing under your teammate? Don't wanna tk anymore :D

with cheats...

but u can press h and get hp info of ur team

Overlord / INfamous    4
Overlord / INfamous

I got all the cheats, none of them turned that on. Thanks for replay

MARTY    24
MARTY
3 hours ago, Overlord / INfamous said:

I got all the cheats, none of them turned that on. Thanks for replay

Like he said, turn teaminfo on and you will see the healthbar.

On-topic: I don't think you can attract that many people to come back. There are just better alternatives out there if you like fps games.

Edited by MARTY

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl

Well you are right in chances are very slim that people might come back.

But doing ''nothing'' sure wont make it better in anyway either :P

On tacticalops.tk and youtube channel i have links to Mediafire, Google Drive and Mega
And Mediafire alone shows 72 Downloads in 16 days! (And i started offering the DL end of 2014)

I know i sure as hell am not the only reason TO is more active, but 2-3months back the FFD server would be empty arround 01:00 every day, and sometimes way sooner in the evening.

Now everyday players till 03:00 or later, and most of time server so full people cant even join.

Surely but slowly the TO community seems to be growing.

I have also thought about changing my download from TO3.4 + 3.5 to 3.4 only as i suspect most people will start with the highest version.

Edited by joeycracknl

Overlord / INfamous    4
Overlord / INfamous
9 hours ago, MARTY said:

Like he said, turn teaminfo on and you will see the healthbar.

Yeah I know, other thing was joke. :D

9 hours ago, MARTY said:

On-topic: I don't think you can attract that many people to come back. There are just better alternatives out there if you like fps games.

There are, true. We are aware we can't replace some new, better graphic and mechanics game. We don't aim for 1k players or so, I think we would all be happy for maybe 300 players at all? We all just want 4 active servers, maybe 5 if we can get :D But I still think we would advance much more if all players are on one version.

Thomas    312
Thomas
3 hours ago, Peterie said:

With a working download link ;)

Works for me :)

Peterie    93
Peterie
48 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Works for me :)

Wtf... I'm lost

Does any of the download links for v1.2 (which is also made for TO) maybe work too then?

Sign in to follow this