This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
joeycracknl

Need testers for TO 3.4 + 3.5 Pack (+New Launcher)

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl

Hey guys i could use some help testing this file before i upload 2 files 5 times each.

Soon i shutdown tacops.tk and link all youtube links to tacticalsquare.
Then transfer all content incl. the file archive page to the Wiki section over here.
(Imo its better to keep everything in one place)

At this point most people will probably download the TO 3.4 + 3.5 package i have made and spread around with the youtube.
(10000views and 120 subscribers, i get questions on daily basis)
And plan to make a future video where i showcase download this new pack from this site, to also allert the subscribers

Changes made to the download:
- Fixed the ALT+TAB White/Black Crosshair Bug / Floating Cursor Bug

- Fixed the Buyscreen Bug on ALT+TAB

- Made a Launcher file to start both TO versions with some information and links to various community sites
(The launcher also apply's the Force to 1 CPU Core fix, and removes the 2 ugly .bat files to start TO 3.4/3.5)

- Added the Direct3d renderer back
(This shouldnt be used, it might be better for very old PC's. It has no ability to limit the FPS only vsync and that gives input lag)

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

So its basicly a extract the archive and ready to play download with everything preconfigured.
(Fixed OpenGL Renderer Fixed Server Browser, Includes the SuperTeam Keybinder etc..)

Looking for some input, like maybe what links to add as community links?

Could potentially add pages to the launcher that display status of TeamSpeak Channels

Would be a bummer if i upload it in a while, only to find out something is missing or broken.

Download: https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B6eENJfjixsNSGpjSzRGUmdjMzA&export=download (7-Zip, 332MB, extracts to 1.2GB)

There are still people who cant figure out how to install and fix TO themself to play online. There for i think its important that we get this done right ^_^

Edited by joeycracknl

Thomas    312
Thomas

Looks absolutely gorgeous. You're doing an amazing job. :)

Could you post the links to the FB and YT pages again please? I'll add some buttons for them on the website.

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Tactical-Ops-117224958300951/

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC4e9_LuCVaURZh7dntswWw

I am starting to think that Windows Desktop Manager is the one responsible for ALT+TAB bug because its insane.
Yesterday when i tested i could ALT+TAB infinite ammount of times and the BUG didnt show up.
Today on a fresh boot of PC, 2x ALT+TAB and the bug returns..

Good this still a test upload because i really want to remove that bug, i even tested multiple OpenGL renderer versions and that definetly not the problem.

Edited by joeycracknl

Shone    42
Shone

Joey mate, you should make an FB account and i will make you admin at that page. A lot of people are asking for help there and in many cases Zee and Me can't help em (with technical stuff)

Btw. we breached 80 likes mark :cheer:

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl

I do beleave i have a Tactical Ops Facebook account somewhere i made for that stuff, ill take a look at it later today.
(I do check that page sometimes, but doesnt seem to be a whole lot of activity, while on youtube people allmost comment/ask on daily basis)

Here i made v2 of the test package:
- Disabled ''DirectInput" as its apparently broken and causes the ALT+TAB Bug (White/Black big crosshair/buyscreen shift bug)
- Fixed some button links in the TO-Launcher.exe

Still looking for suggestions for links or stuff to put into the launcher window.
Also have to figure out how to use batch commands to clean the 2 Cache folders and files from within the launcher window, so it aint Final yet ^_^

Download Test v2: https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B6eENJfjixsNTGFjeHpya19WS2s&export=download

Edited by joeycracknl

Shone    42
Shone

Private messages are what i mean, we recived tons of them with many questions. 

Mgross    0
Mgross

For some stupid reason i cant join most of servers on 3.5 with this launcher :(

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl
5 hours ago, Mgross said:

For some stupid reason i cant join most of servers on 3.5 with this launcher :(

Thanks for your feedback. Have you checked if the servers you are joining are not ESE servers, and if so have ESE installed and configured?
Try out the .nl Nordic CTF server please, it has no ESE, or atleast it is not required to have it.

Anyway i have decided to make a simple launcher, so i can release a new version of the TO v3.4+v3.5 pack.
(And then slowly work on some epic launcher thingy, which i will release as seperate update download i think)

Edited by joeycracknl

Floid    11
Floid

@mgross better u stay in 3.4

3.5 is just not worth it

Btw joey great job mate

the future is in your hands, but i still bash u so keep going

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl
On 6/30/2016 at 8:40 PM, Floid said:

@mgross better u stay in 3.4

3.5 is just not worth it

Btw joey great job mate

Can.png

But i think this topic can be closed, maybe in future i make new launcher with some cool features but then we can use that download page comment section for this type of thing.

Edited by joeycracknl

Floid    11
Floid

Funny

sullivaN.    9
sullivaN.
On 30-6-2016 at 8:40 PM, Floid said:

And what should you do? Dreaming?

Floid    11
Floid

What do you want?