This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
Sign in to follow this  
omenking

Back to TO

omenking    2
omenking

I only stopped playing Tactical Ops when I got a Mac in 2007.
I have a Windows computer again, and my friend coaxed me to play CS:GO in which I complained throughly TO was better, even as old as it was. I then found that I could download TO from here. To my dismay I see no players on any on the servers but to be fair its 2:00AM EST.

I hope there are still players playing.

I played between 2001-2007 and I went by [ED] Scrollmaster and then later [ED] Scroll
I think I made over 20 maps, hoping to recover them from someone I know who has them on CD still.

Edited by omenking

$inergy    19
$inergy

I think many of the players have the feeling that TO is a better game than CS, and that's the reason why the game still hasn't died yet.
The past few months the small community has put a lot of effort into putting TO on the map again. Because of that the player pool has been growing steadily since. 

If you installed the game from this website, you are able to play 3.4 or 3.5.

Version 3.4 is a lot more active and includes the players who are trying to get TO back alive. I would say that in the course of the afternoon there is always a full server until at least 12 and mosly even later.

We're very pleased to welcome you back! Hopefully you'll see you in the servers soon.