This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
-(V)(V)-

Tactical Ops Quick Join Tool

-(V)(V)-    7
-(V)(V)-

Hey guys,

Some of you may still know me from back in the day when I was playing Tactical Ops for those who don't "Hello, nice to meet you ;-)"

Or you may know from the Tactical Ops Trick Jump Movie

I recently just downloaded Tactical Ops again. And because people play both version I wrote a simple program to quickly join a 3.4 or 3.5 server.

How to use it:

When you launch the program for the first time you have to configure the path of your TacticalOps 3.4 and TacticalOps 3.5 executable files. You only have to do this ones "if everything works as it should". You can also so set the option "Close app on join" so the app closes when you join a server.

Now you can simply select a server and hit the "Join server" button in the lower right corner. And that's it.

Just let me know if something doesn't work or crashes.

Download Tactical Ops Quick Join

screen1.png

Edited by -(V)(V)-

MARTY    24
MARTY

That's really useful man, thank you ;)!

You might want to upload this in the download section.

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

just start choose a server and then the game starts? if yes nice idea

-(V)(V)-    7
-(V)(V)-

Yes thats all you need todo. It's especially handy if your game crashes with general protection and you still have the application active in the background. Just hit join server again and you're back in the server before the round started. Atleast that's my experience so far.

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK
22 hours ago, Giggle said:

Nice tool mate! I used to have something similar years ago.. Server watcher? Or something..

Also used a tool called TO-Watcher

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl

Epic work too see things like this still made for TO these days, keep it up :D

I have a question though, could you perhaps make a version that would have the location of the TO directory's automaticly configured?
Then i will include the tool in the TO3.4+3.5 Fixed Pack as main starter tool to effectively start between 2 TO versions if you OK with that.

Since i know for sure that some people might have issues with configuring the TacticalOps.exe location.
(I get the most weird questions on youtube and email about TO, what might be simple for some is difficult for others)

What Master Servers does the tool query? It appears the list is missing a lot when i test it btw

Edited by joeycracknl

-(V)(V)-    7
-(V)(V)-

Hey joey, yeah I can update it too check for the TO34 and TO35 folders in the fixed pack. I'll update it this week.

Currently it uses the "master.333networks.com", but I can easily change it to another masterserver.

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

true, it just schown 4 e.4 server and 15 3.5 server as i tried it yesterday

MARTY    24
MARTY

Really? It finds 18 3.4 and 33 3.5 servers for me.

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

thats even not correct in 3.4 we had in the last days always 28-32 servers

LeYoLm    0
LeYoLm

Yo MM! Still smart as ever i see. Looking forward to meet you online some day!

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl

Is it using https://www.qtracker.com/server_list_details.php?game=unrealtournament and filtering on TO gametype?

I think it needs to query master.333networks.com, gsm.qtracker.com and unreal.epicgames.com manually to display a complete list.

You can see on GameTracker TO list and 333 Networks TO list that not all Servers show up on all Master Servers.
http://www.gametracker.com/search/ut/?search_by=map&query=TO-&searchipp=50&sort=3&order=ASC
http://333networks.com/ut/TO3

Few weeks back i butchered up a php script i found online to query every server from that list and display a huge bulky list lol,
Sadly my PHP knowledge is limited and dated, and half forgotten by some ''smoking'' haha :P and i ended up scrapping it.

Edit:
Tool finds 24 on 3.4 and 31 on 3.5 (Strange as i tested it a while back it reported a much lower count like Kimoomik)
TO with 3 masters servers from above: 28 on 34 and 48 on 3.5

Edited by joeycracknl

-(V)(V)-    7
-(V)(V)-

It's not using that qtracker list. It currently querys the master.333networks.com server manually like Tactical Ops does.  Only programmed that tool in 2 days so still needs a lot of cleaning up "codewise" and tweaking :D

I'll see if I can add the other 2 master servers too. Shouldn't be a big problem.

Edited by -(V)(V)-

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

yesterday i tried again 11 3.4 servers and 5 in 3.5

-(V)(V)-    7
-(V)(V)-

Could be that your connection can't keep up with the speed I'm sending the UDP packets to check all the servers. I'll add some delay between server communications in the next release.

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

dont think its my internet, 50k (before i had 100 but didnt need this) and myping is even nice in whole europe, its possible the firewall?

-(V)(V)-    7
-(V)(V)-

I just uploaded a new version of the tool. Hopefully this fixes your problems @kimoomik

It found 28 TO 3.4 servers and 46 TO 3.5 servers just now. So I hope everyone get's similar results. ;-)

v1.1 updates

• Tool now query's all three masterservers.
  • Added delay between pinging servers to fix people loosing too many udp packets.
  • Added ability to copy server location.
  • Fixed player sorting in the serverlist.
  • Tool can now be put in the root folder of "joeycracknl TO:AoT fixed pack" without needing to configure path.
Edited by -(V)(V)-

MARTY    24
MARTY

Nice! I also found 28 3.4 and 46 3.5 servers :)

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

that can be correct, i try it again this night or later, that we know to 100% that it works, or anyone who is faster as me maybe @Thomas can do this? have to go :D

-(V)(V)-    7
-(V)(V)-

Fixed another small bug in the tool where it was no longer showing any servers. Because of a small error in port conversion.

Uploaded a new version.

kimoomik    66
kimoomik
5 hours ago, -(V)(V)- said:

Fixed another small bug in the tool where it was no longer showing any servers. Because of a small error in port conversion.

Uploaded a new version.

cant find atm a file, think any admin need as first to accept the file, but i let u know the last version stopped working for me 2 or 3 days ago, no idea why, maybe other guys have the same problem?
no that i care about this, i just play 3.4 and join always with the game, but u should know this :P