This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
Sign in to follow this  
Piece of Cake

How to create my own unreal tournament

Question

Piece of Cake    0
Piece of Cake

Hi all;

Can anyone please let me know how could i prepare my own unreal tournament as me and my cousins want to play online. Please guide me how should i host for it. Many thanks admin

10 answers to this question

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

1.) You need Tactical Ops: Assault on Terror. Server 3.4 witch can be downloaded here

2.) Also you need the game Download here
3.) Personally i can't remember how to any longer, And idk if there is an guide(used to at least 10 yrs ago xD)

I know you have to set up some ports UDP.

Udp Ports: 7777, 7778

Edited by Thomas
Corrected ports

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

what do u want to set online, a real server or just a dedicated server for a game session?
when i told us this anyone here can help u very fast or maybe we have already an entry for this in our wiki, u should check it out 

Piece of Cake    0
Piece of Cake

brother i am new in this. Can you please tell me whats the difference in between both of them i.e. real servers and a dedicated server? i just want to make server like it appears when we used to search for different servers in internet servers so that my friends can join my server (which will be password protected) regardless of it be real or dedicated. Many thanks for your quick response.

21 hours ago, kimoomik said:

what do u want to set online, a real server or just a dedicated server for a game session?
when i told us this anyone here can help u very fast or maybe we have already an entry for this in our wiki, u should check it out 

yes i have checked it out in the forum but confused about it. Further i have tactical ops 3.4.0. Will it be done over this version or i should upgrade to 3.5?

Thomas    312
Thomas
13 minutes ago, Piece of Cake said:

yes i have checked it out in the forum but confused about it. Further i have tactical ops 3.4.0. Will it be done over this version or i should upgrade to 3.5?

Wait, are you talking about a Tactical Ops Server? (Unreal Tournament ≠ Tactical Ops)

Piece of Cake    0
Piece of Cake
40 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Wait, are you talking about a Tactical Ops Server? (Unreal Tournament ≠ Tactical Ops)

yes tactical ops server

kimoomik    66
kimoomik
1 hour ago, Piece of Cake said:

brother i am new in this. Can you please tell me whats the difference in between both of them i.e. real servers and a dedicated server? i just want to make server like it appears when we used to search for different servers in internet servers so that my friends can join my server (which will be password protected) regardless of it be real or dedicated. Many thanks for your quick response.

ok, now is thomas here, he can help u, i cant really i never had an own server, wayne in which game ^_^

or u ask andy, earlier ingame name and1sen on this website , there u can rent a server and he even make the configs etc. for you, if u wish that btw, if u ask im pretty sure u can test 1-4 weeks before u decide if u really want this server, just talk with him if ure interessted

but all in all i can say u with a german server u cant make anything wrong, decent pings for all european players etc. 

Edited by kimoomik

Thomas    312
Thomas
1 hour ago, ZEE.WONK said:

I know you have to set up some ports UDP/TCP.

No TCP ports (except for web admin) ;)

You generally only need the default UDP gameport 7777, and the query port which is the gameport + 1 (7778 default).

Edited by Thomas

Pillarist    12
Pillarist

Mine works properly in LAN setting, as in , everyone on the same modem. Just start a new multiplayer game, and let your friends find your game by Find Multiplayer games > LAN Servers.

Is should appear.

Piece of Cake    0
Piece of Cake
On 3/6/2017 at 8:51 PM, Pillarist said:

Mine works properly in LAN setting, as in , everyone on the same modem. Just start a new multiplayer game, and let your friends find your game by Find Multiplayer games > LAN Servers.

Is should appear.

Dear we are already playing this game in the same way as you said but now we are in remote locations so how we can prepare our own server

Thomas    312
Thomas

Zee pretty much summed it up for you. Did you try to follow his instructions?

Sign in to follow this