This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
Sign in to follow this  
|G|r3al1ty*Ldr

Server Rules

|G|r3al1ty*Ldr    0
|G|r3al1ty*Ldr

Hey there all.

I decided to post this comment cuz ur the last TO server I play on. There is no other option cuz most of the players who left plays on ur server.
Normally i was spending couple of hours a day playing TO. Now just 1 or 2 hours and I will stop playing TO if nothing changes. All cuz of ur server rules.

This game is almost dead and nobody and nothing can change it.
U can only make it happen a lil bit later.
Can anyone explain to me why u have C4 bombs, gas nades on ur server? Have u ever seen pro players who use this staff?! Answer is obvious. It is used only by noobs and trools who ruining this game, who doestn care about nice and fair gaming.
Same thing is with FF and Punish TK option. FF is just for pro players who can see the difference bettwen and enemy and an ally. Almost everytime on trooper there is some moron who "punishing players for lift killing".

Also stupid thing is allowed camping. I just love when bunch of noobs camps in basment with 100 hp and "Headhunter" do nothing cuz thats are the rules.
I hope u consider my suggestions and u change the rules.
PEACE

Kaivo    3
Kaivo

We have already "Suggestions" topic in General Support.
And these thoughts have already been presented.
Admins please delete this topic, otherwise it would be a mess

Thomas    312
Thomas

Our servers are not just for the - what you call - "pro players".

We allow 'camping' because it's even more ridiculous forcing players to walk and jump around.
If it's your tactic to stay where you are, that's fine, go ahead. "Pro players" will check their corners anyway so they will instantly spot them, right? And not just expect the enemy to walk around or to come to you.

Disallowing camping is something I personally strongly disagree with in the 'gaming world'.

As for the C4, have a look at the suggestions topic like Kaivo mentioned. ;)

Extostteam    0
Extostteam

Agreed.

Camping/rushing is an tactic and a pro player always checks corners.

Apo    10
Apo

while some people do like to camp i think its annoying myself how about removing the server stuff saying camping is allowed as i dont think it should be encouraged. In wars and such camping is ok because its all about tactics there however in public it only serves to slow down game play and make people lose intrest in playing. At the end of the day most people like TO for its fast game play and the fact its not one shot one kill in TO is to try and encourage movement not roasting marshmellows over ur fire

Extostteam    0
Extostteam

In a war its defenitly a tactic, but in a public server camping could be annoying its how you camp, if stay whole round behind a box somewhere it would be annoying but if you camp. For a little while in a round its would be not that annoying. But some of the players seem to camp whole day and thats annoying.

If i remmember good there were an anti camp tool if didn't move for 10sec you get a warning to start moving or you wil get kicked.

Kaivo    3
Kaivo

I am strongly against anti-camp mutator.. It has never worked well in TO and know one has liked it as much as i remember.. There are different kinds of camping:
1) From the beginning of the round u sit in one place and wait the whole round
2) You hear someone walking and you wont move till you see him (it might take over 30 secs)
3) Those who have good knowledge about maps, use like 3-4 spots where enemy comes, like 30 secs in 1 place, minute in another, 30 seconds again in third place
4) When you are in big disadvantage like 4 vs 1 or so

So basically only one kind of camping is the negative one.. And wars arent always passive, the best tactics usually are rushing ones in TO at least..

headhunter    35
headhunter

i call it tactical waiting :D

sp33dCore    16
sp33dCore

Everyone camps.

that's it ;)

Peterie    93
Peterie

Camping is only beneficial when you can make more kills waiting for people then searching for them.
When you can´t make more kills searching for people it would probably mean you suck at duels.
When you suck at duals your aim probably sucks.
When your aim sucks you´re still a noob.

Camping = being a noob(or a bad informed pro). :mrgreen:
QED

Extostteam    0
Extostteam

@peterie, that isn't true camping is a tactic like kaivo said, if you camp at a spot when you hear someone its just tactical, or when you hear 4 enemies coming you would be stupid(noob) to rush in with a DE when you know you'r going to lose it, even when you'r pro have a good aim/brain its just an tactic. Good Informed pro.

Apo    10
Apo
I am strongly against anti-camp mutator..

even if i make it incriment the punishment sevarity? was ur suggestion to add that :P that way only hard core campers get punished :)

Kaivo    3
Kaivo

I only remember that it didnt work so well.. Sometimes you get punished already when round starts and in some maps like deagle you still get punished although you are moving, because map is so tiny.

Apo    10
Apo
I only remember that it didnt work so well.. Sometimes you get punished already when round starts and in some maps like deagle you still get punished although you are moving, because map is so tiny.

I thought i fixed that in the end? not to sure but as soon as i figure out the function called at round start thats sorted :P as for deagle depends how the distance u gotta move is set

Peterie    93
Peterie
@peterie, that isn't true camping is a tactic like kaivo said, if you camp at a spot when you hear someone its just tactical, or when you hear 4 enemies coming you would be stupid(noob) to rush in with a DE when you know you'r going to lose it, even when you'r pro have a good aim/brain its just an tactic. Good Informed pro.

It's just what I meant to say. You should really camp, if you can't make more kills in another way. ;)

I would just walk into the 4 enemies because it's fun for me :mrgreen: , sometimes I even win, otherwise I'll just respawn quickly. (My tactics only work for CTF)

Twist    24
Twist

It's just what I meant to say. You should really camp, if you can't make more kills in another way. ;)

I would just walk into the 4 enemies because it's fun for me :mrgreen: , sometimes I even win, otherwise I'll just respawn quickly. (My tactics only work for CTF)

Just do whatever you like man. I'm cool with campers.
In my opinion: camping is as boring as hell and it would be the funniest for me if everyone rushes. Campers kill me the most.
(H)

fatboyharley    10
fatboyharley

I never camped and never used bombs, I dont like using it. Of someone does, be my guest! But I like campers instead, u always know where to find them))

sp33dCore    16
sp33dCore

if i want to camp ill camp a few rounds,

if i wanna buy 2 nades a round

u guys just have to deal with that. ;)