This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
Sign in to follow this  
Thomas

Cleaning TFT-LCD monitors

Question

Thomas    312
Thomas

Hi all,

My TFT-LCD monitors have become quite dirty with dust and other unwanted particles.
I've never actually cleaned a LCD monitor before (which is why they are dirty in the first place, haha) so I'm kinda hesitant to just go ahead and clean them, after all, I don't want to damage anything.

I've searched around on the internet for a solution, but there appears to be many different opinions regarding the matter, and most of them require you to buy special stuff (which I'm kinda trying to avoid).

Does anyone have experience with cleaning these things? Tips on what I should avoid and such?
Could I perhaps just use a simple, soft, non-static piece of cloth to wipe of the dust?

10 answers to this question

headhunter    35
headhunter

gewoon zon doekje waar je water op moet pleuren 1 waar geen reinigings middelen op zijn gebruikt koop hem des noods om die speciaal voor beeldschermen te gebruiken ;)
tv/pc een heel klein beetje vochtich 2 tot 3 keer met de plantenspuit op het doekje
ik heb nog geen krassen gehad

Batman    23
Batman

To be honest i think it would be best done, simply with a dampened fabric - avoid paper towels and other things that may scratch your screen. Just dampen the cloth, then wipe with the cloth. Simple :D

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

I use Micro-fiber thingy from my tv.
Defently not any spray/soap.
If it get wet, let it dry before you turn it on.

Peterie    93
Peterie

Oke, heel makkelijk.

jeweetwel zo'n keukendoekje. Een schone pakken, licht vochtig maken en eroverheen gaan.

Thomas    312
Thomas

Gaat dat niet krassen?

Las dat tissues e.d. absoluut niet gebruikt mogen worden. Op inet raden ze vooral microfiber aan, maar ik weet niet of ik dat in huis heb :P

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

microfiber cloth and cleaning spray then your lcd monitor can not happen

Twist    24
Twist

gewoon met de compressor jonge!

KriKri    0
KriKri

stoppen met rukken :lol:

Thomas    312
Thomas
gewoon zon doekje waar je water op moet pleuren 1 waar geen reinigings middelen op zijn gebruikt koop hem des noods om die speciaal voor beeldschermen te gebruiken ;)
tv/pc een heel klein beetje vochtich 2 tot 3 keer met de plantenspuit op het doekje
ik heb nog geen krassen gehad

To be honest i think it would be best done, simply with a dampened fabric - avoid paper towels and other things that may scratch your screen. Just dampen the cloth, then wipe with the cloth. Simple :D

I'll try that ^^

gewoon met de compressor jonge!

Moet je dat wel hebben natuurlijk :P

stoppen met rukken :lol:

:lol: Haha, het is voornamelijk stof hoor :P

I use Micro-fiber thingy from my tv.
Defently not any spray/soap.
If it get wet, let it dry before you turn it on.

Thanks, will do ^^