This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
Sign in to follow this  
skiller

Tricks..gameplay... Tips.. Ini Config.. By To 3.4

skiller    1
skiller

I play this game a long time ;) and so i have my own Experiences.. who had some tricks and tips for this game..everybody can write in this topic.. so hf gl

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

be good xD

Edited by kimoomik

skiller    1
skiller

;) thats true but i heard there are many things that you can change on ini or preferences to be better :) so anyone who know that?

Axl_Rose    5
Axl_Rose

I think that playing on basic ini is the most honest. If I did something I modified lodbias, lamp glare, the sound of water etc. I assume that you know how to do it.

Edited by Axl_Rose

skiller    1
skiller

No i didnt know that... played since 8 years with standard config got no idea about this.. so thats why i ask someine about tips and tricks ;)

skiller    1
skiller

I want to be better play.. so...

Thomas    312
Thomas

Oh no.... don't even... you aren't..... just keep your game vanilla and enjoy it like it was originally meant to be enjoyed. :)

sp33dCore    16
sp33dCore

jezus you want to be even better skiller? 0_o

fk u lol that would be unfair :(

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

the trick is have the awesomeness like me :3

-kokA!ne*    0
-kokA!ne*

;) thats true but i heard there are many things that you can change on ini or preferences to be better :) so anyone who know that?

I think you mean the sound tweaks.

I don't know how to do it, but most of players are hating tweakers so keep playing on standart ini  :wink:

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

You can change the [Not telling] :mrgreen: 

In your 'ini' so ingame noize such as birds.car,water etc gets lower.
But if you turn it off, you can't hear any of them at all. That includes lift in trooper.
Just use the ingame options to set details on lower, No tweaking lol

Twist    24
Twist

In my opinion every change is a cheat. So don't!

Keybinder is close to cheating in my eyes (advantage of buying stuff faster etc)

Thomas    312
Thomas

It isn't. The keybinder merely executes commands.

Console commands are part of the game, just like the 'say' command is. ;)

sp33dCore    16
sp33dCore

skiller PM for epic tweak & more usefull shit dude :)

federico    23
federico

Move this topic to a new section : Tweaks and Cheats :D

sp33dCore    16
sp33dCore

This game is dead anyway lol who cares about tweakers w/a .. 

Thomas    312
Thomas

It isn't dead at all. Only less popular than it was 10 years ago.

Either way, that's not a valid excuse to ruin the game for the loyal fans who still play and enjoy it today.

sp33dCore    16
sp33dCore

Well no 1 is the boss anymore so

open season i guess =D

Thomas    312
Thomas

There has never been a boss.

Anyway, we're drifting off-topic. Let's head back to the original subject (minus the ini config part of course). :)

MARTY    24
MARTY

About the sound tweaks:

You have to replace the original sound files with the tweaked sound files. The tweaked sound files remove ambiance sounds, water sounds etc. However the elevator sound isn't removed, so you will hear those things better.

IF you try to use them on an ESE server on 3.5 you will get a year ban.

And like Axl Rose already said there are alot of ini tweaks. You can also make your crosshair really small with a simple file.

Hope this helps :).

Edited by MARTY

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

You can create your own crosshair(like me) xD

"You have to replace the original sound files with the tweaked sound files."

A file? Wouldn't that make a version mismatch?

If you change the ambience in tacticalops.ini, All ambience sounds get lower even elevator.

If you turn them off you can't hear anything accept shoots/Footsteps.

MARTY    24
MARTY

No it doesn't create a version mismatch. You don't change anything in your ini that's the thing. The tweaked sound files remove all the "annoying sounds" but the usefull ones stay. For example in Rapidwaters the sound of the water is gone but you can still hear when someone comes out of the water into the base.

This only works on all the original maps ofcourse, since the soundfiles are only available for these maps.

Edited by MARTY

pirukas    0
pirukas

any files are cheats, but changes in ini are just advanced options for a gamer. you can open those options by typing "preferences"  in console. (embedded in the game, for what? for players to use) some of them affect gameplay alot in a good and also in a bad way so if you are not familiar with all of those options yet, it may take some time for you to understand them all. I as a 3.5 player using ESE even have some thing changed the way I like it. since ESE allows minor changes in ini. for example the Ambient Sound everyone is talking about, they allowed 0.3 (default is 0.7) so it wont be misused so much, some want to hear the lift all over the map and some want their ambiet sound lower. the ini advanced options are for advanced gamers. can they be misused? yes is that cheating? actually it is not... but idk how many tweaks are allowed by old tost, acp, antitweak and thing you have in 3.4 so maybe it may give you a big advatage, but still if anticheats do not cover ini changes they cannot be flagged as cheats. but changing the files is already cheating. ini's are meant for every played to have their own preferences so game woul feel smooth for them, but injecting a program that will show your enemy's location, aim for you or even pull the trigger for you. that is cheating. ini every fps game on PC people configure their own personal CFG's and INI's so that cannot be flagged as cheating. there are just some games/anticheats that did not cover all the tweaking possibilities. because TacticalOps.ini and User.ini should be the first thing a Anticheat should check and after that if possible, all the gamefiles.

Edited by pirukas

MARTY    24
MARTY

3.4 is basicly paradise for tweakers. You get away with alot of shit, including the files I was talking about. They're out there, trust me.

I agree with you. I used to play COD4 competitively and personal changes were a big thing there, it's nothing like cheating. That's the way it is with every FPS. In tactical ops there are some tweaks allowed that kinda are like cheating. For example hearing someone walking even when they slowwalk.

Edited by MARTY

Sign in to follow this