This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
Sign in to follow this  
Overlord / INfamous

Can't believe this!

Overlord / INfamous    4
Overlord / INfamous

First thing, want to say hi to everyone.
My name is Aljosa, I come from Serbia and I am one of the veterans of this game (since 2006), stopped playing this game like 2 years ago or more, it was “dying” when I left it. But then I accidentally stumbled on this page, and was more than surprised that there are still players who play this game. I mean wow, gj guys. So if anyone has time to answer how it goes? Are there at least 50+ players? What version do you play now?  Still on 3.4 or 3.5? My favorite was 3.19 :D I see you got some tournament now, and that is very nice. What are popular clans now? Would really like to know more bout this community :)
PS: Apologizes to moderators if I put this post on wrong place, move it if needed.

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

Some play both 3.4 and 3.5, But this server is 3.4 ;)

And there is lots less players then 2 years ago.

A tournament have been created to get the players together and keep alive in this awesome old game.

Thomas    312
Thomas

Adding to that, the master server has been shut down recently (GameSpy) which effectively has wiped out the last remainders of the TO community. Unfortunately, there are barely any players left.

Overlord / INfamous    4
Overlord / INfamous

Yeah I heard bout gamespy. Which version is played more? 3.4 or 3. 5? And are there at least 50 players? When I played we were waiting "new version" of TO called Tactical Assault (now Critical point), but they are making that game way too long. It's kinda sad because if you ask me it was better than CS and other shooter games.

Thomas    312
Thomas

I believe 3.5 is slightly more active. I'm not sure how many active players they have left, but I doubt it reaches over 50.

We are currently waiting for CP:I. From what we've seen so far, it appears to be a fully-fledged sequel to Tactical Ops. :)

Overlord / INfamous    4
Overlord / INfamous

It looks very nice but they're making it way too long, 4-5 years now, and they still don't have full beta. Many people (including me and my old clan) are tired of waiting it, I think if they made it on time TO community would rise again, but now... TO had really good community but cheaters, and kind a bad mechanics destroyed it.

MARTY    24
MARTY

3.5 has a bit more active players. 3.4 still has a decent amount to play some matches :). It's about the same.

Unfortunately Critical Point takes so long. CS:GO is a nice alternative if you still want to play a FPS. CS:GO community has been growing rapidly last few months and probably continues doing so.

Edited by MARTY

spod    0
spod

DNS OVERLOOOOORDOOOO, Spodnick here

Overlord / INfamous    4
Overlord / INfamous

Really? :D Heeey mate! How are you? Still playing? Did not hear for you long time.

And about CS:GO replay, there are many FPS games (Cod, battlefiled, even cs 1.6, tf) but I am talking bout TO community. They grow up rapidly cause they released Soruce first, and soon after GO. Same would happen if TA (CP:I) released on time as well.

Sign in to follow this