This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
Sign in to follow this  
Pluimpje

c4 lasers

Pluimpje    0
Pluimpje

Hi,

Some days ago already, I asked an admin to get c4 lasers back on the server. He told me to make a topic here to discuss that, and get more peoples opinions, therefore this topic.

I think those lasers have always been fun, but of course you will get people camping with them on maps like rapidwaters etc, but well, they do it without c4's too so :P
I would only add them on sG though, because I think in FFD half of the people would get banned by tk's

Shone    42
Shone

Plz DON'T

And btw. If you want em on sG server you should probably ask at sG website, not here ;) 

Edited by Shone

Peterie    93
Peterie

If I remember correctly there were indeed more teammates killed by these things then enemies.

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

Love c4, But when ff enabled there is more tk's indeed.
Also players using them to climb on...

But if i'm not mistaken, It should be possible to remove explosion's FF.
But that is not up to me to decide.

Peterie    93
Peterie
4 minutes ago, ZEE.WONK said:

But if i'm not mistaken, It should be possible to remove explosion's FF.
But that is not up to me to decide.

Pls don't!! This is the whole porblem I have with FF removed. People can just throw nades and run into it themselves.

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

Would be good (if) there where C4 on server, That we had Apo's mutator that enables you to only buy one nade/round :P

Thomas    312
Thomas
4 hours ago, Pluimpje said:

I would only add them on sG though, because I think in FFD half of the people would get banned by tk's

Yup, we are not sG, you might want to ask on their forums instead. ;)

kimoomik    66
kimoomik
Just now, Thomas said:

Yup, we are not sG, you might want to ask on their forums instead. ;)

just wanted to say the same

and hell no thats the biggest noob weapon and no original part of to, like teargas even suck, so turn it off...
even smoke is not neded and just used for noobish boring actions

Thomas    312
Thomas

Don't go there, Kimo. Many people, including myself, have had tons of fun with C4. If used properly, it can actually get you some great kills.

Besides, we run a public server so "noobs" are allowed to come in and do their thing as well.

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

the point of this is that they spam it everywhere arround the map, thats normal gameplay anymore :D
but happy to hear that c4 doesnt come back here and like the most know u even can bug with that which was even a annoying problem

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

If you where only able to buy 1 nade/round I'd love c4 on xP

Then players cant spam.

federico    23
federico

Yes :D C4 makes the game much more funny, but the big problem comes with teamkills.

About nades, a very usefull thing is the timer ! I'd really love to have it back!

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

its not funny, its just lame if u need always check the wales u get killed, if u dont do it u get killed by c4...

1 hour ago, ZEE.WONK said:

If you where only able to buy 1 nade/round I'd love c4 on xP

Then players cant spam.

hell no dont put these sg mutators on the server, if all servers are the same we just need 1 and not 30 ^_^
btw is sg bet biggest bullshit, its like when u cheat ur guns...

but normal nadespam is even a problem, but we dont should set it to 1 per round, better would work a timelimit from 10-30 seconds (sometimes u need more nades as example when u play 1vs 5 or anything to keep ur back clean

MARTY    24
MARTY

The 1 nade per round mutator is actually very nice, imo. The betting mutator of Apo is just for fun and hardly anyone uses it frequently (pretty sure many people don't even know it exists or how it works). 

I personally don't like C4, because it often leads to a "minefield" of C4 on certain spots (Trooper SF base comes to mind...).

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

Mirror  damage :)

Frisko    3
Frisko

better bring flashbang back ingame!

that i miss more...

kimoomik    66
kimoomik
2 minutes ago, Frisko said:

better bring flashbang back ingame!

that i miss more...

with that u can crash the server... and yes, sad that we have retards which do senseless things like this

federico    23
federico
On 17/8/2016 at 11:26 PM, MARTY said:

The 1 nade per round mutator is actually very nice, imo. The betting mutator of Apo is just for fun and hardly anyone uses it frequently (pretty sure many people don't even know it exists or how it works). 

I personally don't like C4, because it often leads to a "minefield" of C4 on certain spots (Trooper SF base comes to mind...).

Tell me more about this mutator ! Is it running on sG server?

kimoomik    66
kimoomik
3 hours ago, federico said:

Tell me more about this mutator ! Is it running on sG server?

yes its on the sg server, even before sg server was offline for years/months, dont know how long it was
with it u just can buy 1 nade per round, but can pick up nades

MARTY    24
MARTY

Yeah Apo made many mutators for his servers. Like Kimo said, you can only buy 1 nade per round and if you buy another one it just dissapears and your money is gone. You can pick nades up but I believe they dissapear then as well. Therefore it's truly 1 nade per person per round.

federico    23
federico
19 hours ago, kimoomik said:

yes its on the sg server, even before sg server was offline for years/months, dont know how long it was
with it u just can buy 1 nade per round, but can pick up nades

9 hours ago, MARTY said:

Yeah Apo made many mutators for his servers. Like Kimo said, you can only buy 1 nade per round and if you buy another one it just dissapears and your money is gone. You can pick nades up but I believe they dissapear then as well. Therefore it's truly 1 nade per person per round.

Hey guys, I knew about this mutator :D

I wanted to know more about the betting mutator , I didn't have to quote the whole post :)

MARTY    24
MARTY

Ah sorry. It works just like normal betting; you can bet at the start or during the round on the team that you think is going to win. Additionally, there are odds of course. For example: if there are 5 sf alive and 1 terror, the odds (and therefore your returns) are much higher for betting on terror.

Commands are:

Bet sf all (you bet all your money on sf winning the round)

OR

Bet sf 100 (you bet 100 dollar on sf winning the round. This can be any amount you'd like to bet)

Works the same for terror of course. You can also check the odds before you bet, but I forgot the command. Probably just something like odds :p.

Edited by MARTY

federico    23
federico
8 minutes ago, MARTY said:

Ah sorry. It works just like normal betting; you can bet at the start or during the round on the team that you think is going to win. Additionally, there are odds of course. For example: if there are 5 sf alive and 1 terror, the odds (and therefore your returns) are much higher for betting on terror.

Commands are:

Bet sf all (you bet all your money on sf winning the round)

OR

Bet sf 100 (you bet 100 dollar on sf winning the round. This can be any amount you'd like to bet)

Works the same for terror of course. You can also check the odds before you bet, but I forgot the command. Probably just something like odds :p.

Clear !

Now I understand all these bets messages while playing xD

Apo    10
Apo

Like others have said I dont often check this forum so if you want sg server changes I would suggest posting on our forums. To clarify im not too intrested in adding C4 to sg server, unless there is a big demand for it. I thought I would just clear up some of the misconceptions I have seen.

sG_nolame (1 nade mutator):

• Won't work with C4 unless there is a small code change to actually look for the C4's as it currently doesnt
  • If you buy more than 1 nade it should be refunding you the cost, similarly if you pick one up it will give you the cost of the nade.

sG_Bet

• typing bet help will give you all the commands
  • Im currently working on a new version that lets you bet on a player living or dying. The tricky part is working out the odds as it has to work out player and team skill incorporating (kills, deaths, damage, time, remaining health) The idea is to make it so that you have to think about it and not just bet on the best player on the server.

Sign in to follow this