This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
Sign in to follow this  
Seth

HELP ME INSTALL GAME

Seth    0
Seth

I need help installing the game, I was given the tactical ops zip to extract but when I right click on it I am given no extract option.

Thomas    312
Thomas

Are you sure it's a zip archive and not something like 7z?

Windows has build-in support for zip archives, so if it is a regular zip, you should be given the option to extract.

Edited by Thomas

Seth    0
Seth

not sure bro, I was given link to the file to extract by ur team and there is no extract option

Thomas    312
Thomas

Make a screenshot of what you're seeing and upload it here.

Seth    0
Seth

I don't know how to make screen shots

TO-AOT-v340-v350.zip

Tactical ops..............I try to right click this and no extract option

Thomas    312
Thomas
  1. Press the Windows + R keys simultaneously
  2. In the run box that appears enter: snippingtool
  3. Press Enter
  4. In the snipping tool window that just opened click on 'New'
  5. Now click on the window you want to make a screenshot of
  6. Save and upload the file

Seth    0
Seth

I showed you above what im looking at

Thomas    312
Thomas

I kind of already knew you were looking at a file. That doesn't help much. A screenshot provides way more information.

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl

Hello im guy from youtube who send you here.

Have you managed to actually download the file to your computer?

On Google Drive click on the download icon "top right" of screen.

A zip file you can extract and explore with Windows builtin File Explorer, its like a compressed folder with files.

You need to "extract" the "Tacical Ops" folder out of the TO-AOT-v340-350.zip download. Once you have done that you can directly launch and join servers from the "Tactical Ops Quick Join" program.

Edit: No wonder you had problems with tips i gave on youtube, but together we will figure it out :P

Edited by joeycracknl

Seth    0
Seth

ok downloaded it, now what? walk me through step by step, exactly what to do, again I don't see an extract option when I right click tactical ops folder

nm, I see it, it says extract all do I do that??

also, where do I extract it to?

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl

I guess it would be best to put it into your "C:/Program Files (x86)/" Folder
So it would be "C:/Program Files (x86)/Tactical Ops/"

If you want to use the ESE Anti Cheat that is required for TO 3.5 servers (TO 3.5 on avarage has less players then 3.4)
you need to copy the Tactical Ops folder to "C:/Games/" so it would be "C:/Games/Tactical Ops/".
(This is because the ESE Client doesnt work when its in a "protected" folder)

Then right click on "Tactical Ops Quick Join" then select "Send to" and click "Create desktop shortcut" to be able to quickly launch the game from your desktop.

Edited by joeycracknl

Seth    0
Seth

ok I got the shortcut, when I open the window everything is blank, where is has join server and shit like that, its all blank white....

nm I figured it out thank you!!

Seth    0
Seth

yo when I try to join any servers my game crashes and it says cant export music???

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl

Well if the game is not running properly 99% sure its something on your PC and not the TO 3.4 + 3.5 Pack.

I would start by checking if your Videocard and Sound drivers are installed and updated,
and lastly install DirectX from Microsoft Website as parts of the game still rely on DirectX to function despite using OpenGL for rendering the Graphics.

You can get DirectX from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35
(Make sure to de-select the "Make bing my default search engine)

Seth    0
Seth

nope that didn't work, I have seen this before, I believe its nploader, a cheat prevention device on the servers, it helped to kill the game, me and a lot of people cant play on those servers because of it, is there any way u can get those guys who own the servers to take that stupid shit off so we can play?

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl

Its ACE that uses nploader to load dynamicly load external DLL's into the game engine (Or something like that, kinda clueless about this)

2 Things i can think of that could cause problems: 
1) Perhaps some sort of anti virus / anti malware you are running that is conflicting with this.

2) If you installed TO into "C:/Program Files (x86)/Tactical Ops" then perhaps try moving to folder to "C:/Games" and see if it makes a difference.
(The ESE anti cheat from TO 3.5 has issues if its in Program Folder, perhaps ACE has that too)

Most active 3.4 servers dont run ACE, mostly war servers and some of those "LST" servers.
Try playing in the ".sG Public Server 1 [ www.sto-gaming.org ]" or ".nl -=Miau=- TacticalOps server" and let us know how that goes

Seth    0
Seth

nope no luck

yo man can you just ask all the servers to take off ace, they just started that stupid shit a couple years ago and ever since not many are able to play on the servers, the game is already dead and this has killed it even further. Such a shame, best game out there and cant even play it...

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl

ACE is used as anti cheat and the servers wouldnt run it if they didnt find it necessary.

It appears there is a group of players that find it funny to use cheats / hack in this old game.

I agree that ACE and ESE are things that might hold legit people back from playing the game but sadly if there were no cheaters they wouldnt be necessary. Its their fault servers use it.

I have tested the TO Fixed Pack on various PC's from Pentium 4 with Windows XP to a i7 4790k with Windows 10 and never had any issues yet still people come to me with weird problems i cant replicate so i also cant find solution sadly.

Just play on 3.4 servers without ACE, the .sG public doesnt have it and has players everyday.

Seth    0
Seth

I have 140 ping on .sg

also if someone cheats all u have to do is ban them....pretty simple, and all the servers pretty much have ace, I can only join 1 and the server setup isn't even right on it so no one goes there...lol, oh well I guess so long tactica ops!

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl

If you from USA region you are limited to those Latino Support Team servers that indeed run ACE.

Perhaps you can send them a email and explain your story then they might remove it. (Their website/email is in de serverbrowser when you highlight their server)

Reason i said most servers dont run ACE is because largest part of TO playerbase is from EU region and almost none of those servers run ACE.

Sign in to follow this