This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
pwen

can't crouch / duck

pwen    0
pwen

I recently learned about TO:AoT, and I'm glad this site was around so I could check it out! I grabbed the 3.5 version that can just be extracted and played, and it's working great except for one issue: I don't seem to be able to crouch. I reset the keybinds and compared the User.ini to the default and to the UT99 default and couldn't spot any differences. I know this site might not be that active, but I'm hoping someone can help me out!

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

Tried options menu in-game?

on 3.4 its Ctrl=Duck

pwen    0
pwen

Yep, I tried in-game and from the main menu with no game session running. Also tried setting it to other keys. Here's what I think are the relevant entries in my User.ini file:

[Engine.Input]
Aliases[9]=(Command="Button bDuck | Axis aUp Speed=-300.0",Alias=Duck)
Ctrl=Duck
C=Duck

Thomas    312
Thomas

I'd suggest to give the fixed pack a try.

pwen    0
pwen

Woo, that worked! I was using the "TACTICAL OPS 3.5 GAME (READY TO EXTRACT)" version before. I guess I misunderstood, I thought that included the changes from the fixed pack already. Looking at it again, it seems that's actually the original mod version, and the fixed pack is from the retail release. Makes sense. Thanks for the help!

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl

I think that "TACTICAL OPS 3.5 GAME (READY TO EXTRACT)" pack is also a retail version. But i think the person who made this version copied over a User.ini from a TO3.4 version.
Its not the first time a post like has been made about a button or action not working ingame. Could be true since the TO3.5 Patch notifies it replaces your User.ini as some commands have been changed.

Anyway if there is a fault in this version maybe we should put on a warning on this download, or put a low rating on it. It seems like 10 people have downloaded this pack last 2 weeks and i feel bad for them trying to figure out what is wrong with their game :P

pwen    0
pwen

Ah, I didn't think to compare the user.ini to one from 3.4. I swear I searched before posting, too, but only for crouching not working; still, sorry if this was a n00b post! :P

joeycracknl: A little off-topic, but I just discovered your thread with the giant 2k+ map packs. As someone constantly concerned with games like this (and the communities that build up around them) getting lost to the shifting sands of the Internet, I gotta say you're a goddamned hero for putting all of that work in!

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl

I didn't mean it was a noob question as you couldn't have known. Its just because a similiar post was made a while back by somebody who had a certain button or action not working ingame i think he used the same download as you had problems with. And that the creator of this pack had placed a TO3.4 ini into a 3.5 installation what probably caused this. Good thing is it now seems those downloads are removed.

And thanks for your kind words on the map archive i assembled over the last 2 years. As websites and files/maps disappear i dicided to take action and make sure we don't lose files anymore and make them accessible in one spot.

I also recently found out that TO only supports up to 2048 maps before the Practice Session windows doesnt open and ends up crashing the game. There for i am now slowly working on a best of mappack. ( First part you can find in map archive thread)

Edited by joeycracknl

pwen    0
pwen
On 12/18/2017 at 8:51 PM, joeycracknl said:

I also recently found out that TO only supports up to 2048 maps before the Practice Session windows doesnt open and ends up crashing the game. There for i am now slowly working on a best of mappack. ( First part you can find in map archive thread)

haha Good to know. I did grab your bot pack as well, though I see it's only for deathmatch. Do you have a list of maps from your collection that supports bots for the other game modes?

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl

Well the maps simply have bot waypoints and you can play normal Practice Session on it with default TO gametype.

Its just that the bots dont follow all botwaypoints properly because they are dumb so to say. With the Deathmatch gametype bots will spawn and walk on parts of the map they wont reach on normal gametype.

So all maps from the bot mappack and the addon will work on normal gametype, but since bots are kinda stupid DM just works better for some solo play.

Edited by joeycracknl