This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
Sign in to follow this  
sullivaN.

ACE

sullivaN.    9
sullivaN.

Why don't you put ACE on ur gameserver?

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

why? ace is shit :D

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

Then server going to be almost empty, Look at the others with ace.

headhunter    35
headhunter

Because u are in nets

sullivaN.    9
sullivaN.

@ZEE.WONK So what if all servers are protected with ACE...

@headhunter laag niveau dit...

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

Then the once that dont know how to install anticheat.
Maby stop plays. Then TO is really dead.
I still like this game, And a cheater can allways be caught without ace or utdc.

Thomas    312
Thomas

We've had ACE installed on our servers a few years ago, for a very short period of time. We decided to abandon it because it simply wasn't stable enough at the time. I don't know if that has been improved, or even if it's still in active development. From what I've heard, it's not.

headhunter    35
headhunter
@ZEE.WONK So what if all servers are protected with ACE...

@headhunter laag niveau dit...

hun maken mij ook zwart ;)
dus ja... tijd om mijn niveau maar te verlagen xD

kimoomik    66
kimoomik
Then the once that dont know how to install anticheat.
Maby stop plays. Then TO is really dead.
I still like this game, And a cheater can allways be caught without ace or utdc.

thats rigt and all wo say come on ace are not clean :D

Apo    10
Apo

@ Thomas Im still waiting for V9 to come out (dont think it ever will tbh) while development hasn't officially stopped I wouldn't hold your breath for more I know anthrax is busy with real life stuff. I was waiting for V9 myself as its meant to improve the installation for players to make it more user friendly, then it would have hit our public servers.

As for stability the latest official version (there is an unofficial version too) is fine as far as im aware, provided you implement the ini changes I have suggested on ESl forum to prevent a common false positive. It is bypassed by some things but most of them can be caught in screenshots so is still far better than TOST and would help you with cheat detection.

It would be nice if every server left installed it to force all players onto it but I cant see this would ever happen.

kimoomik    66
kimoomik
@ Thomas Im still waiting for V9 to come out (dont think it ever will tbh) while development hasn't officially stopped I wouldn't hold your breath for more I know anthrax is busy with real life stuff. I was waiting for V9 myself as its meant to improve the installation for players to make it more user friendly, then it would have hit our public servers.

As for stability the latest official version (there is an unofficial version too) is fine as far as im aware, provided you implement the ini changes I have suggested on ESl forum to prevent a common false positive. It is bypassed by some things but most of them can be caught in screenshots so is still far better than TOST and would help you with cheat detection.

It would be nice if every server left installed it to force all players onto it but I cant see this would ever happen.

to long in dont read that

LUK144PL    2
LUK144PL

ACE is a shit and do not really recommend this. At the bottom of what reason?

Tactical Ops : Capture The Flag + ACE = Empty or not at all, no one will play on this server.

Regards LUK144PL

Batman    23
Batman

I think this topic may have been laid to rest, but I wonder Thomas, is there anyway at all any tool that would prevent cheats from entering the server and cause no inconvenience to other players

Sign in to follow this