This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
Sign in to follow this  
federico

Let's renew TO's main servers!!!!

federico    23
federico

Hi everybody!
I'm bored to play tactical ops.
Why ? Because every match, of everyday is played in the same maps!!! :evil::evil::evil:
I'm bored from " TO-Trooper/Cold/RW/Dust/Castles etc Won the vote "
I don't want only moan.
Why don't you delete the maps we everytime play ?!?
Why don't we try new maps ?!?
I found a website where download many maps that are really cool.
It's Tomy Verceti's website ( gratitude for the maps to him ) the guy who has the best monster server in the full TO...
Here you can find some REALLY REALLY COOL maps !
I downloaded the mappacks i never tried:

OLD HHBR MAPPACK
MapPack TomyVerceti V1
OAP Mappack
Th-XXS-Mappack

I tried more of this maps, why don't we put them in the servers and delete the everytime maps?????

Thanksss :)

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

You have hundreds of maps here: http://www.spielwieseserver.de/
And yes it's boring to play same maps, But they get played cuz the maps are popular.

Thomas    312
Thomas

As Wonk said.

We have made numerous attempts to motivate our players to try other maps, without noticable effect. While this is very unfortunate, it also sends out a message. Apparently the majority of the players don't want to play other maps, they rather stick with the most popular ones.

Who are we to say that they can't play those maps anymore?
I understand your point, and I agree with it. But we can't just simply ignore the majority of our playerbase, and remove them.

Tomek Nysa    17
Tomek Nysa

But what about increasing "MapNoReplay" parameter? If it was e. g. 15, they would have to choose another maps.

federico    23
federico

What you said is right...
But when a game come boring, players leave.
This is one of the reason for which TO is dying...i think one of the main ones
No fun = Let's try another game !
This game was born with numerous maps ! Why ?
The players that vote the same maps are players that think to play COD, little map, little distance, where you can kill everyone with a desert eagle ( i'm not saying that i hate players that use desert eagle, because is one of the most versatile weapon ), the players i would like are the players that search TACTIC in everymap, where you can find a good emplacement, where you need a specific weapon, where you have to reach an objective...something that remember a real Team Fight !!!
This game is a TACTICT one, playing in the same maps you can't make a TACTIC...
I only would like to play other maps...i'm boreeeeeeed from the " popular " ones.

Twist    24
Twist

I think there is nothing to do about it.
People will get angry if we remove the popular maps and leave.

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

Players can stand out with the maps, Real reason why all leave is probably because they grow up xD
And alot of cheaters and buggers in this kind of games.

federico    23
federico

Ehm...i know people that plays Ut99 from 99 years and still do it xD
Just remember that there will be a cheaters migration from 3.19 servers...we will really need a cheater server men ! hahaha
If the game come boring, normal players will left, and cheaters will find their kingdom...

QueenOfSpades    2
QueenOfSpades

You're right fede, i'm bored of playing the same maps everytime too.. And i understand that they'll vote them becuz they're popular but i would like to play new maps too. when i'm playing TO and it's time to vote i'm like: omg not that map again -.- that map sucks.. (exept for street chaos ofcourse MUWAHAHHA) but yall know what i mean :)

Guest =EVA=Gulio7   
Guest =EVA=Gulio7

its right, you can not delete them from the server, but we can put some new ones on the server.

We have made a list of new maps, they will (i hope) come one day on the server to try them out.

Snake-KoRn    3
Snake-KoRn
(exept for street chaos ofcourse MUWAHAHHA)

Yay, my map :D

bRo`    4
bRo`

I understand your frustration and i agree some maps should be played more, but your idea of removing all the popular maps from the servers is like you hit someone knockout and kick him in the face after that...
I mean Tac Ops is near dead already.. The players that are still around are the hardcore oldschool players who played this game for years. And it's those maps that makes us stay in this game on this server.
Yeh and some of them might find it boring and leave this game after years of playing... It's just natural. Atleast they had fun for years. I bet most of them can't say that about CoD or Battlefield for example...most of them got bored of playing it after a few weeks...

I think the real reason why people quit is that the game is getting old, the new generation is all about graphics, looks and upgrades. And its not competitive anymore like in the old days, when there were hundreds of clans registered in Clanbase and ESL. Where we had numerous matches every day, some of them even on live feed! For every season a tournament and even prices for winners. LAN's that were held just for this game only...

Damn i miss it those days... but...i still love this game :)

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

If you find a good map that you want on.
1.) Include a download for them.
2.) If you know there is some kind of bugg, Let me know and i'll try to fix it(If the map is editable)
3.) Should it be on TDM or CTF.(Some maps have more then one buyzone/team, Good to know for ctf. Then i can remove some buyzone(s) and maybe change place etc...

.sG`RuthlesS.    0
.sG`RuthlesS.

When you delete all those maps that most people want to play, then the server would most likely die.. So in the end, when you have the opportunity to play those maps that you want to play; no one would be there to play with you..

Jasper    0
Jasper

atleast add e.g. the Deagle5v12 map Zeewonk made with the editted spawn spots so that people won't spawn all over the map when server is full..

I think the server should always keep some of the most played maps, some new maps would be cool but there already is a map suggestion thread somewhere here in forum.

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK
atleast add e.g. the Deagle5v12 map Zeewonk made with the editted spawn spots so that people won't spawn all over the map when server is full..

I think the server should always keep some of the most played maps, some new maps would be cool but there already is a map suggestion thread somewhere here in forum.

Some edited maps:
Deagle- mapping-f25/deagle-spawns-t200.html
Bombingdust2- mapping-f25/dust2-t210.html
Italy- mapping-f25/italy-t485.html

Sign in to follow this