This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
Devrim

My problem with Tactical Ops

Devrim    0
Devrim

Hi guys my problem is so wierd i can't find a fix for it so i thought maybe i could use the forums to find some help.I am using Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit operating system on my pc and i have downloaded and installed Tactical Ops from here patched it to 3.5.But for some reason when i plug in a headset game crashes on startup with the message saying "TacticalOps.exe stopped working"
but when i plug out the headset and open the game without any sound game opens without problem.Please help me fix this.this is my childhood game. :)

Thomas    312
Thomas

Hello, and welcome! :)

What type of headset is it? Does it have a standard jack audio connector, or does it connect through USB?

Devrim    0
Devrim

It has a jack audio connector and it's a phone headset.

Edited by Devrim

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

1.First, make sure that you meet the minimum hardware requirements and that you are running the latest drivers for your video card. You know, this is the basic stuff that you need to do for any game issue.

2.Next, go to Control Panel, Hardware and Sound, Manage Audio Devices, and select the Recording tab.

3.Next, right click the empty space below the installed devices and check Show Disabled Devices. 

4.The Stereo Mix should appear. Right click on the icon and enable it. Then, click on OK to close the window and then close the Control Panel.

5.Next, locate the tacops.exe file. Mine is located here: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Infogrames\Tactical Ops\System". Right click on it and select Properties. Select the Compatibility tab and and check "Run this program in compatibility mode for WindowsXP". 

works on other games when u get this message, should even work on to

Edited by kimoomik

Devrim    0
Devrim

Didn''t work no luck sadly.I want to play this game but i don't want to go back to windows 7.

Edited by Devrim

Thomas    312
Thomas

What happens if you plug in the headset after successfully starting TO (i.e., start TO first without the headset connected)?

Devrim    0
Devrim

I tried it after seeing your comment didn't work game opens but no sound.

Edited by Devrim

Batman    23
Batman

lol that kind of title, I was expecting a rant

Devrim    0
Devrim

Guys i fixed the audio problem but now the game gives general protection error after playing for a minute.

error.png

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

come it always or only dfrom time to time?
which videodriver u use?
or possible u need one proc
tac ops was released for singlecore cpu's

Devrim    0
Devrim

Error comes always.I am using latest AMD 15.12 Crimson Driver.I have amd fx 8320 cpu it has 8 cores.

Devrim    0
Devrim

Didn't work sadly.I think it's a renderer problem but i don't know how to fix it.

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

which driver u use? i use open gl the most servers need that