This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
Sign in to follow this  
joeycracknl

Keeping TO:AoT alive discussion

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl

Hey Guys,

Could the 7-zip version of my combined TO:AoT v3.4 + v3.5 of 332MB or the 720MB zip version be added to this site's download section?

Do you guys have any idea's how to better reach those "older" gamers who used to play Tactical Ops back in the day? Since Attracting new players is probably next to impossible.

Would you guys be willing to record gameplay of Tactical Ops and upload it too the Tactical Ops YouTube channel? It's a non monetized channel with the sole purpose of reaching out to TO fans.

Or perhaps you guys record (and edit) and upload to your own channel with links to a downloadable version.

----

Over the year of 2015 I had lots of visits on:
- http://TacticalOps.tk download website
- Download database i scrapped together searching for days https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6eENJfjixsNSDdiX1p6ZFNZNnM&usp=sharing#list
- The Tactical Ops YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC4e9_LuCVaURZh7dntswWw

I hosted the downloads on Google Drive, Media Fire, Mega and even The ISO Zone (Retro Gaming Archive)

Statistics from 2015:
- Media Fire 350 downloads
- Isozone 700 views / 50 downloads
- Mega - unknown amount
- Google Drive - unknown amount
- YouTube 21 subscribers - 1050 views

I had a counter on the website before I removed it mid-end 2015 that had reached about 1500, the new counter in 2016 already on 800 for a combined of 2300 total views. Not bad for a old game ^^

Also searching on Google with "tacticalops.tk" leads to Facebook posts, comments in RockPaperShotgun, the SG/STO Gaming site and even other people recommending it on YouTube.

Another fun fact on a random Saturday I was playing Tactical Ops end of 2015, I randomly asked if anybody downloaded from my site and, yes, he did :). Few moments later a guy joins named New_Player who was also a fresh install from my version back then, as that was default name for a while.

I also received some emails about file submission and questions about the file database.

---

I'm not really active in TO these days sadly, and I want to do my part in keeping TO alive :) The game probably has a special place in our hearts or we wouldn't be playing anymore ^^

Good to see there are some more people trying to do the same, offering fixed TO download on a website and upload YouTube videos, I hope in 2016 we can all make TO's playerbase rise ^^

Edited by joeycracknl

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl

Also it's funny to note that some other TO downloads you find have perhaps copied part of the tacticalops.ini and ubrowser.int with the removal of some tabs in the server browser menu, and exact order of some things from older version of my download.

But hey copyright? Hahha :D All to keep TO alive ^^

Thomas    312
Thomas

Hi,

1 hour ago, joeycracknl said:

Could the 7-zip version of my combined TO:AoT v3.4 + v3.5 of 332MB or the 720MB zip version be added to this site's download section?

You are free to submit files to our downloads section :)

Do you guys have any idea's how to better reach those "older" gamers who used to play Tactical Ops back in the day? Since Attracting new players is probably next to impossible.

Tough one. I guess your best bet would be to try to reach them on media platfoms like Facebook, I can't really think of another way on the top of my head, unless you have personal details (email, etc.).

Would you guys be willing to record gameplay of Tactical Ops and upload it too the Tactical Ops YouTube channel? It's a non monetized channel with the sole purpose of reaching out to TO fans.

Sure, I guess I could record a few sessions. Although I don't play as often anymore as a few weeks ago due to the huge pile of (dev/school) work still laying there waiting for me.:P

Wow, what a blast to see that even ±17 years after its release, many loyal players continue their efforts to keep the TO legacy going! :)

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl
13 hours ago, Thomas said:

Hi,

You are free to submit files to our downloads section :)

Tough one. I guess your best bet would be to try to reach them on media platfoms like Facebook, I can't really think of another way on the top of my head, unless you have personal details (email, etc.).

Sure, I guess I could record a few sessions. Although I don't play as often anymore as a few weeks ago due to the huge pile of (dev/school) work still laying there waiting for me.:P

Wow, what a blast to see that even ±17 years after its release, many loyal players continue their efforts to keep the TO legacy going! :)

Thx for reply,

Under what section should i upload my file? Tools?

Perhaps facebook other other social network might be a good idea, currently i only have a personal fb that i also use for work. So i dont want any game related stuff on there ^^. But i can make a seperate one to promote Tactical Ops. (Even if i only reach a few guys, its worth it imo)

Im also willingly to share the login details of the TO youtube account, this way everybody could simply upload footage too it.
(Allthough we might have to set up some ''requirements'' like minimal resolution etc)

Thomas    312
Thomas

Retail Game ;)

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

i even have alot of frags anywhere, when i have enough time i will search them (harddrives, usb sticks, cd etc) and edit them, or if anyone want this he can edit it, i would prefer this, my last project with sony vegas was over 2 years ago ^^

but for what we need another version as to download? we already have an iso. of the original image, so u have all options with that, but if u want, so upload it joey 

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl
1 hour ago, kimoomik said:

i even have alot of frags anywhere, when i have enough time i will search them (harddrives, usb sticks, cd etc) and edit them, or if anyone want this he can edit it, i would prefer this, my last project with sony vegas was over 2 years ago ^^

but for what we need another version as to download? we already have an iso. of the original image, so u have all options with that, but if u want, so upload it joey 

Sadly I don't have much editing experience myself and simply resort to uploading small 5-8mins gameplay video.

Reason i want my version in download section is that Tactical Square ranks rather high in Google.

And some people might be "held" back by the small updates you have to apply as ini change, opengl renderer etc.

My download is rather small 331MB and unpacks into a clean version of TO v3.4 and TO v3.5, ready to play online without hassle.

(That is smaller size then the .ISO of the cd retail game, and includes v3.4 + v3.5)

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

mh, maybe we find later a guy which can make nice edits and we should use tags from similar games like cs 16 and urban terror 
i still wait for the cpi release, so should even to get a few new players
i think the most will stay at to, cause the game dont look and feel like to 

im sure even other guys have a few nice frags, so share them with us...

when we can find bnoone who can make edits i will do it, but there are definitely people who can do it better

Thomas    312
Thomas

We used to have a guy who's very good at that kind of stuff... then he disappeared without a trace.

( @Morin )

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

can he even do it like this? 

but first frag is overedited for me :D

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl

Looks nice, have you seen the channel of 4funer? He has some tactical ops montages from legendary players back in the day.
4funer youtube video

Imo the video's dont have to be all kill montages, but can also be showing of regular gameplay etc.

The stuff im uploading is pretty amateur style. Just uploading some stuff here and then to get some exposure with even
tactical ops maps in other games etc. Soon i plan to learn some basic editing, transitions, music etc.
Here take a look Tactical Ops Channel

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

yep know the channel played with and against a few from them
1 or 2 years i saw rebel and he told me even other dkh guys come back, but still noone is back ^^
still a few guys play crossfire? heard over 2 years ago its dead like 3.1.9

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl

Yea TO Crossfire is dead (I just uploaded trailer for more like a archival purpose ^^)

I remember at one point the development of TO Crossfire kinda got abandoned,
And a certain german clan took over development etc.

Years ago i installed UT2004 + TO Crossfire, found one server with people who all used same clan tag.
And they asked me if i would quit, since it was a clan event.

I still assume to this date those guys were the development clan, basically killing of their own game lol...

$inergy    19
$inergy

Is mIRC still used these days?

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

for what they create a clan when they are alone wtf? o.O

23 hours ago, $inergy said:

Is mIRC still used these days?

dont think and in 3.5 i cant say

Sign in to follow this