This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
Sign in to follow this  
Th120

TO Masterserver Fix - Without editing/replacing

Th120    18
Th120

Found a nice template for this somewhere on the internet and decided to make a fast and easy method to solve this problem without changing any TO file.
Just run the batch and let it work.
TO should work like the gamespy masterserver has never been shutdown.

I did not test it with TO to be 100% sure that it works (because I can't start it), but it should.

TO Masterserver Fix.bat

Edited by Th120

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl

Posted this like 3 weeks back in the Chat but since nobody responded i thought nobody found it usefull :P

Funny too see it here in a thread.

Back then i stumbled on it on a Vietcong related site (vietcong1.eu) since the game also suffered from the GameSpy shutdown i went searching for active community.

So sad too see so many games ended up dead with the GameSpy shutdown while its so easy to fix.

Edit:

Guess my bad for maybe putting usefull stuff in the chat box that will get lost lol

Screenshot of chat: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6eENJfjixsNQ2NDbEEzdDc2MHM/view?usp=drivesdk

Not that it matters anyway, but i am curious where you found this "template" and what you modified lol. As its basicly good to go for all gamespy supported games :P

Edited by joeycracknl

Th120    18
Th120

I did not read the chat here tbh.

I am not even playing TO ^_^

I was archiving all of my TO stuff and found the ini for the new master servers I made, I just wondered why I never used the hosts method since I had been using it for other games in the past :D

I found the code on stackoverflow. At first I wanted to write it in vb.net, but some people don't trust random compiled code from the internet.

Writing stuff in the hosts file is not a very special thing, but I was too lazy to write that batch knowing that there are lots of templates on the internet ^_^

The batch just inserts this into the hosts file:

63.144.111.10 master0.gamespy.com

(63.144.111.10 = qtracker master which is also used by every stock ut99/TO server)

The batch needs to be able to request admin rights (so it can change the hosts file) and it needs to avoid duplicates in the hosts file.

Your batch isn't able to do this. It is also using the wrong server/ip I think (I just took mine from the ini, not sure if it is the right one) ...

edit: I also used the wrong ip ^_^ Got it working on my laptop^^

TO Masterserver Fix.bat

Edited by Th120

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl

Hey man, i apologise for thinking you simply took something on the internet and stamped your name on it..

From what i read your .batch files is indeed superior by a long shot, and makes the one i found obsolete.

At first i was like whatt? I submitted mine in the chat, went on a 2 week holiday and i come back and was like wtf lol.

But my bad for the mis understanding, and really nice that even though you are not actively playing TO you still help the community :D

Edit: I dont think i have wrong IP on my inferior batch file though, Qtracker has a GSM (GamespyMasterserver) and a regular masterserver i beleave, atleast the batch file worked in my test on TO.

Maybe its even possible to enhance yours to fully cover all 3 master servers.

As default TO config checks Gamespy, Old outdated EpicGames server and one more i forgot.

If you replace Gamespy with Qtracker GSM, replace Outdated Epic games with new active Epic Games and the other one with 333 network servers,

Then the host file has all 3 Masterservers UT99 and TO players use. Allthough i dont think most people install TO manually these days, its still very nice yo have available.

Again thx for your effort man :D

Th120    18
Th120

As far as I know the Browser of TO only checks master0.gamespy.com (the 0 is important, master.gamespy.com did not work for me).

I don't know why the TO servers also send packages to unreal.epicgames.com and qtracker by default.

Th120    18
Th120

So finally this thing works properly.

I talked to the qtracker developer and now qtracker works just like the old masterserver.

Just use the batch file (the final version is in this post) and everything works like in the old days :D

TO Masterserver Fix.bat

Edited by Th120

Sign in to follow this