This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
Sign in to follow this  
riffy

Omg. Hello!

riffy    2
riffy

Hello everyone!

I was having lunch, reminiscing about the good old days of TO. I decided to do some research and see if there is any community around still. Stumbled upon this site. Very exciting :)

I used to play a LOT of TO. A lot. 

My name is Alex, I used to play under the nickname: riffyluvah, riff-licker, r-lickah. (guitar riff and lick :P in case someone is wondering). 

I started my journey when it was still a mod for UT 99, I was a late adopter of AOT. But eventually made the switch, I can't remember what patch it was but I remember playing most of my TO days in 3.4 (rings a bell at least). I was part of clans rigor mortis [rm] and [xforce]. Both Swedish teams. I was national captain for the Swedish team for 2 seasons as well when clan base was still around. I remember the many hours of practice before clan wars, our epic battles with clans like DKH from Germany (by far the best overall team at the time). 

It's been a loong time since I played TO. Unfortunately for me, it looks like the community is mostly European (maybe all EU). I now live and work in the US (west coast) so odds of me having a chance to play with decent ping any time soon is not happening. Besides, the biggest flaw with TO was always the net code. 

Back in my competitive days, there was no way our clan would play a german clan on a german server. We always had to hunt for a middle of the road server somewhere because back then, 10 ms ping made a huge difference due to the net code. 

Anyway, just wanted to stop by and introduce myself. I will be lurking the forums to see if there might be anyone I used to play with pop up. 

I have a terrible memory so I can't remember a lot of the clan names that were around at the time, but if anyone recognizes me please let me know!

Cheers!

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

nice to see one more of old players
to bad that u moved to us, but maybe u can join their team when we start the war america vs europe
and im sure u will meet here a few guys which u know 

$inergy    19
$inergy

Hi!

I do recognise your name, and I also remember [rm]. I don't think I ever played against you, but I was following the league standings every day.

I used to play in a Belgian clan called Bios [B!0$],  I'm glad to see more people returning... If you know some people who used to play, please invite them to join us once again, only then the community can grow.

anyway welcome back! ;)

strokelotion    1
strokelotion

who from america plays? i played in eu, uk and us teams for [UK²] |D| [GFX] [TriPPy] {NwF} [nu] and likely forgetting some eu/uk side, then <cP> in us and we merc'd out to [eXo], @ and some others.  i switched my name a lot but was xtortion for a bit.

i cant believe this game exists still, try to install tonight.

federico    23
federico
1 hour ago, strokelotion said:

who from america plays? i played in eu, uk and us teams for [UK²] |D| [GFX] [TriPPy] {NwF} [nu] and likely forgetting some eu/uk side, then <cP> in us and we merc'd out to [eXo], @ and some others.  i switched my name a lot but was xtortion for a bit.

i cant believe this game exists still, try to install tonight.

Welcome back!

There are some american players who still play this game, but they all play in european servers, excpet latinos sometimes.

They are able to play with decent ping and enjoy the game as well ;)