This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
Sign in to follow this  
iindex

Roster limits

iindex    6
iindex

Just a suggestion, but would it be an idea to look at setting a limit to how many players can be on the active clanbase roster of a team at a time as more and more players return to the game? 

My concern is that the more established teams like GY, sG and Ti will end up with like 20 members each and no other teams will surface. It would be better, imo, to have 10 active teams with 10 players per roster than 4 or 5 teams with loads of players. 

I don't think that this should be of concern quite yet but it might be something to consider? Of course this would only be referring to clanbase rosters, not whether someone is an actual member of a clan. For instance, if GY had 20 active members they could perhaps split into 2 teams on clanbase to provide more competition? 

Giggle    18
Giggle

good idea only negative i can think to this is i know for a fact .Ti have atleast 4 people on cb that are inactive straight away 

iindex    6
iindex

Yeah I guess it would almost have to work like a revolving door policy as members became more or less active and as I said, it might not be needed just yet. 

However, if the community continues to grow at the rate that it is at the moment and we get a solid group of active players that want to participate in wars on a regular basis then it would probably be a good idea.

I've tried reaching out to a few old players on steam but I've lost contact with most of the guys I used to speak to. There is a fairly active group of ex-TO players in CS:GO that I have bumped into during ESEA matches and leagues who I'm sure would be interested in reinstalling if we could just get hold of them. 

$inergy    19
$inergy

I agree on what you suggest iindex. I think that clans can only have for about 6 to 8 very active members...

However, like myself, I'm online on a regular basis, but most of the time I'm unavailable for wars. So if I'm supposed to be one of the 8 allowed players,
they actually got only 7 active ones.

It should be a good balance in a way.

suggestions are always welcome ;)

strokelotion    1
strokelotion
On 8/3/2016 at 8:02 AM, iindex said:

There is a fairly active group of ex-TO players in CS:GO that I have bumped into during ESEA matches and leagues who I'm sure would be interested in reinstalling if we could just get hold of them. 

uk players? if so, which ones? 

Peterie    93
Peterie

IMO it's the clans itself that do this. They are all like, hey good to see you're back come join my clan. I doubt you would find a clan with 16 active members so you can make 2 active teams.

Sign in to follow this