This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
Sign in to follow this  
iindex

Problems with demo recording.

iindex    6
iindex

Hi guys,

I played my first clanbase war last week and noticed some serious FPS/lagg problems throughout the match. Nobody seemed to have any suggestions about what may be causing it so I looked into some other issues that people have had and began to work through various fixes. I did a completely clean install of the game sing Joey's most up to date file and tried the limiting FPS to 100 as suggested by other users.

The game seemed to be running perfectly for the last two days until we got another clanbase match last night. This time we used the GY1 server instead of the GY2 server and while warming up everything seemed to be running smoothly. However, as soon as the demo recording started it was like i was playing on 10FPS and it stayed that way through the entire match. After the match I went back to look at the demos as I had forgotten to screenshot the first half of the first map and I discovered that only one demofile is in my system folder named all.dem - i tried playing it and it only had a demo of the last map, no sign of any other demos anywhere to be found.

It's really infuriating as it makes the game a nightmare to play and kills all enjoyment and now with demos seeming to overwrite themselves as all.dem every time a new one is recorded, I can't provide my demos if anyone ever asks. I can't remember ever having an issue in the past when I used to play so i'm assuming that it's something to do with the non-CD download or my current system. I'm going to try disconnecting my duel monitor setup for my next match to see if that could be interfering with something but other than that I really have no ideas so any suggestions would be great.

Edited by iindex

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

never heard anything like this before...
with the demos which u cant see, maybe u allways recorded it as "all"? if yes u need for every demo an different name and dont use blanks in demonames
and 2 or more monitors have an negative impact i cant say for sure (but maybe thomas) but i would tend to yes, its an very old game and not created for things like this, u have already tried it with 1 in public or with bots?
and to the 100 fps limit, its cause u would hear ur steps 2 times, so thats should be the problem with ur fps 
btw u have watched while playing to ur cpu usage? but i dont think a demo recording can make any trouble with the cpu, but what u even can try is, when u use oneproc while playing/recording
tacops was created for single core cpus...

MARTY    24
MARTY

The issue with demo's being named "all" is caused by the admin using an incorrect command. I saw Spod do this several times (probably not the only one). If you use the command "forcedemorec all" it gives the demofile the name "all" and it simply overwrites a previous demofile named "all". Instead people should just be using "forcedemorec" and the game then automatically names the demofile using the date and mapname etc, or give the demo a distinctive name, i.e. "forcedemorec rapid_sG_282016". That way they never overwrite. 

I unfortunately can't help you out with the FPS/lagg problems.

Shone    42
Shone

Fps drop can't be caused by "demorec". I only have fps drops when i use fraps to record demo files, but thats normal. Try recording demo at public server i had the same problems with lagg at GY server, but they weren't caused by "demorec".

kimoomik    66
kimoomik
9 minutes ago, Shone said:

Fps drop can't be caused by "demorec". I only have fps drops when i use fraps to record demo files, but thats normal. Try recording demo at public server i had the same problems with lagg at GY server, but they weren't caused by "demorec".

as far as i know thats not normal, maybe the graphic card is to weak, other guys said works for them without problems, i will try if i get the same issue like with this pc, when i finally built my pc together and installed windows 
and yes maybe it lag there (cant theyhavent played there) but thats a different kind of lag to a connection lag and u will feel this :D

Shone    42
Shone

Yeah, i have "G Force 9500 GT " but it seems to be not nearly enough when it comes to FPS.

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

holy crap is that old, this card have gddr3 ram like onboard graphiccards ^_^

or let better say chips, not cards 

Edited by kimoomik

iindex    6
iindex

I highly doubt it's an issue with my system as I can run CS:GO at 400+ FPS. Will try recording a demo in a public server later, thanks guys. 

embedded    5
embedded

Regarding the lag that you talking about, this may be caused by too low FPS or too high (each render device supports its fps) or even by a low NETSPEED (don't make it lower than 8500).

Also check that the game render device doesn't use too high values like the color depth or something else.

And if you still having lag you can try to raises the process priority of tac-ops to increase the CPU performance for that process (ya can do it with TaskManager).

I don't think that lag has anything to do with the demo files.

iindex    6
iindex

I'd completely forgotten about netspeed. Can anyone remind me the console command to get the little information chart up that tells me what my current netspeed etc is? And how to change my netspeed ofc

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

just write netspeed and ur actual netspeed will shown, netspeed number to change the netspeed, standard should be 20000, but in this case u would have it always, not only when u record a demo...
btw, have u already tried anything?

Shone    42
Shone

Mine is 20k. Its the best so far for me. But i am not sure that it has anything to do with FPS.

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

Netspeed "amount"

Players that play on LAN usually have laggs.
Think LAN have 22500 netspeed or something.

iindex    6
iindex

So i've tried:

- Changing max and min fps + rereshrate

- netspeed in all different forms

- direct input on, off

- mouse smoothing on, off

- Various different DPI settings on my mouse as I read on a UT forum that 400dpi has an input lagg on the unreal engine

- changed graphics settings a million and one times

- unplugged duel monitor

- changed monitor refresh rate

I've actually found nothing that helps. I have narrowed it down slightly though. While demorec does seem to increase the issue, the problem is actually that when i move around corners and move my mouse at the same time the screen stutters and laggs like mad which obviously makes challenging a gunfight pretty hard. I knew someone in CS that had a similar issue which was caused by the polling rate of his mouse being different to the response time of his monitor - i checked and mine isn't so still no further forward. It's really damn annoying though.

Edited by iindex

kimoomik    66
kimoomik
32 minutes ago, iindex said:

So i've tried:

- direct input on, off

- Various different DPI settings on my mouse as I read on a UT forum that 400dpi has an input lagg on the unreal engine

- unplugged duel monitor

I've actually found nothing that helps. I have narrowed it down slightly though. While demorec does seem to increase the issue, the problem is actually that when i move around corners and move my mouse at the same time the screen stutters and laggs like mad which obviously makes challenging a gunfight pretty hard. I knew someone in CS that had a similar issue which was caused by the polling rate of his mouse being different to the response time of his monitor - i checked and mine isn't so still no further forward. It's really damn annoying though.

u already tried oneproc? http://ese-protect.de/homepage/page.php?id=31
or do it by urself to run just with 1 core
mouse settings didnt change anything, only the reacts of the mouse and ur aim, but the game doenst looks laggy, just the mouse then
(even interesting for @Shone)and what embedded tell with the netspeed isnt right,  u can improve ur fps with netspeed, hide ur own weapon etc. but in these days u notice no difference that was earlier tricks to improve the gameplay a little bit cause the pc's was weak
and why should the renderer work for everyone but not for u? thats even make me smile :D
but for first i would still suggest to play with 1 monitor, that we can exclude this
so go download and tell us if it helps (like i said it was created for single core cpus)

33 minutes ago, ZEE.WONK said:

Netspeed "amount"

Players that play on LAN usually have laggs.
Think LAN have 22500 netspeed or something.

possible, idk i always play with 20k
but have sometimes for 0,5-1 sec a lag but not sure if its the dirty cpu, the onboardgraphic or the hdd (speccy gave me a warning for my hdd) 

ah and @iindex make sure that u have the latest driver installed for ur hardware espacilly cpu and gpu (graphic)

Edited by kimoomik

embedded    5
embedded
3 hours ago, iindex said:

I'd completely forgotten about netspeed. Can anyone remind me the console command to get the little information chart up that tells me what my current netspeed etc is? And how to change my netspeed ofc

For see what's your Netspeed just write STAT NET into your console or press F6 on your keyboard (is the same command). For change you have to type: 'Netspeed xxxx' in console (xxxx is the number)

2 hours ago, Shone said:

Mine is 20k. Its the best so far for me. But i am not sure that it has anything to do with FPS.

lol, I see there is often some cofusion about what netspeed is and what do.

Netspeed are the data that the client (you) want to send to the server each second. So a netspeed of 20000 will send 20000 bytes of data each sec (20000 netspeed = 20 kbs up/down).

In any case, if your netspeed is higher than your connection can transport, you will notice a quickly increasing ping, and then packetloss. And this cause lag.

However, the most important thing that may cause lag if you aren't careful, are the tickrate of the server. For higher tickrates on the server you need higher netspeed on the client (crazy admins can set the tickrate to 60, or even over 80). Tickrate is the tickrate of the server, and fps is the framerate of your client. The framerate on clients can be limited by using netspeed. e.g. a netspeed of 5500, gives you 85fps max and 20000(64) like 312fps average. So the netspeed can determinate the fps of the game. Do F6, and keep an eye on.

1 hour ago, iindex said:

So i've tried:

- direct input on, off

- unplugged duel monitor

Seeing your post I think this isn't more a fps problem, but rather of your hardware or prolly a driver issue.

So, if you, when you move the mouse cursor in a corners of the screen and then fps drops to about 12 (so start lagging).. I think it's definitely a hardware problem.

Sign in to follow this