This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
Sign in to follow this  
PieterH

Can't install/register ESE

PieterH    0
PieterH

hello, I installed TacOps today again with my CD. Now I wanted to patch it with 3.4 and 3.5 via this link. Now I've TacOps (3.1) installed (with CD) and via this link I can automatically play at 3.5. Now I wanted to install ESE but there is something wrong with locations or something? Can't register, while the ESE install.exe is in this same map. Someone who can help me with this? (via Skype or Teamviewer or something). Please add me at Skype/ E-mail me: pieter.hagen@hotmail.com .
Or maybe via this forum?

I hope you can help.

xx

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

as first make sure if ur game and/or the patches are correctly installed
if u downloaded and installed this u dont need the installation from ur cd, except u will play 3.1.9 and u have already a masterfix for both versions

if this is not the case, let it know us
what do u mean with the exe is in the same map?

maybe this can help u: http://www.ese-protect.de/homepage/page.php?id=119
newest ese accountmanager: http://www.ese-protect.de/homepage/page.php?id=79

PieterH    0
PieterH

now i thin it's the lost keyfile. im sorry for the special post..

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

ok, but i/we still dont know what u mean with "in same map"

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl

If he downloaded the TO3.4+3.5 pack the ESE Setup is included in the Extra folder.

Make sure the folder of TO is not in C:/Program Files/ or anything that starts with C:/Users/ (Like Desktop, Downloads, Documents etc). A good example folder would be C:/Tactical Ops/ or C:/Games/Tactical Ops/. ESE will notify when TO is installed in an improper directory.

When configuring the TacticalOps.exe file directory in the ESE Settings make sure to select the TO350/System/TacticalOps.exe and not the TO-Launcher. exe file if using TO3.4+3.5 Pack.

I have tested and it works fine with ESE, although i have heard from multiple people that it seems as if ESE doesnt accept new users or send out new keyfiles. 

Few months back i tested and ESE still works with my old keyfile. Just make sure TO is installed in correct folder and ESE is configured properly, then when joining a server from within the ESE server browser it will prompt to auto install the ESE Renderer and your good to go.

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK
11 hours ago, kimoomik said:

ok, but i/we still dont know what u mean with "in same map"

Probably that he have it saved in same map(folder)

kimoomik    66
kimoomik
47 minutes ago, ZEE.WONK said:

Probably that he have it saved in same map(folder)

ok, maybe u just extracted the accountmanager? then their should be an onstall.exe or anything?

6 hours ago, joeycracknl said:

If he downloaded the TO3.4+3.5 pack the ESE Setup is included in the Extra folder.

Make sure the folder of TO is not in C:/Program Files/ or anything that starts with C:/Users/ (Like Desktop, Downloads, Documents etc). A good example folder would be C:/Tactical Ops/ or C:/Games/Tactical Ops/. ESE will notify when TO is installed in an improper directory.

When configuring the TacticalOps.exe file directory in the ESE Settings make sure to select the TO350/System/TacticalOps.exe and not the TO-Launcher. exe file if using TO3.4+3.5 Pack.

I have tested and it works fine with ESE, although i have heard from multiple people that it seems as if ESE doesnt accept new users or send out new keyfiles. 

Few months back i tested and ESE still works with my old keyfile. Just make sure TO is installed in correct folder and ESE is configured properly, then when joining a server from within the ESE server browser it will prompt to auto install the ESE Renderer and your good to go.

why in documents etc.? cause programs is a protected path?

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl

I am not completely sure as why.
But when your Tactical Ops directory is in

C:\Program Files\, C:\Program Files (x86)\, Or on Folders in the User folder, C:\Users\AccountName\ like Downloads, Desktop, Documents etc

ESE will say to change the directory it is installed or it wont work correctly.
Anyway TO 3.5 is dying unlike TO 3.4, so if you want to play Online Multiplayer just stick to v3.4 :D

Edit:
I just attempted to install ESE on my Work's PC to show the image when it displays the error about wrong TO installation directory.
Sadly on a Clean W10 PC, with only MS Office and some small programs installed i now get this message, so good luck with ESE
(IMO ESE killed TO 3.5)
ESE.png

Edit 2:
Turns out it was just my Virus Scanner blocking ESE apparently, anyway here you can see ESE doesnt like some directory's for TO.
ESE2.png

Edited by joeycracknl

Sign in to follow this