This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
Sign in to follow this  
RedXIII

Mouse Smoothing/Acceleration

RedXIII    0
RedXIII

Hi guys.

First, sorry for my crap english incoming but i hope you'll understand me. (A)

I just received my just computer, and since this new install got problems i didn't have before.

First one, is the most important, can't fix my mouse smoothing acceleration. :( i succeeded on my old one. I was using the MouseFix for 7 (125% was quiet good). I also check that my SwapInterval=0, and and IG have DirectInput and Mouselook only active. I'll try to change my DPI from Synapse. (using a DeathAdder Left Handed)

My second problem is that when i launch the QuickJoin Launcher, it doesn't find any server.  Just nothing happens. I agree that it's not a "big" problem but if i want to know if people are playing i need to launch the game just for it.

Which brings to me to my third and last problem : I didn't have that bug on my last computer. When i launch TO, the game does not appear in full screen but in a small window which seems to be bug, so i have to Alt/Tab to the game again every fkin time to get it in fullscreen.

I really dunno from where this problems appears, so i that is why i am asking for your help mates. :(

And please, forgive me for my english again. <3

Sto.

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

about ur mouse: maybe this can help u: 

about quick join: do u have the latest version? first and second one both stopped working for me after a while, the actual download works now (for me) without problems

to ur fullscreen/window problem i cant say much, only that i even had this to, reinstall helps me, but maybe theres an easier solution

btw, the wiki section u can find when u press on the home button

Edited by kimoomik

embedded    5
embedded

1st problem:
From the moment that TO doesn't do anything with acceleration, this problem could be due Windows built in acceleration. You can disable it through: Mouse Properties-> Pointer Options and then disabling 'Enhance pointer precision' feature.
Then, if this doesn't work, you can disable it within the driver itself. You have to download your mouse drivers (e.g. Logitech, Razer, Trust..) and force it off through that. If also this doesn't work, change TO mouse settings or your DPI by decreasing the speed. btw which OS are you using?

2nd problem:
Can't help you since I never downloaded that.

3rd problem:
I can't understand the problem.. are you saying that when you launch the game it starts in windowed mode instead of full screen?
If so ,check into 'TacticalOps.ini' the '[WinDrv.WindowsClient]' section, then find the line 'StartupFullscreen' and check if it is set to true.

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl

Mouse:
If you dont enable DirectInput in TO setings, you can deactivate Enhanced Pointer Precision in Windows but it will be activated by TO while being disabled in Windows Settings.

You can verify this with MouseMovementRecorder from the MarkC Mouse Fix, if you disable it in windows, but dont use DirectInput it will be enabled when ''looking around ingame'' it wont be active in the main menu or buy screen. (This is what older games do, and is exactly what the MarkC Mouse Fix is made for)

To cancel out the Enhanced Pointer Precision when not using Direct Input you can use the MarkC Mouse Fix.
(I use this myself, as DirectInput gives you the bug that when ALT+TAB'ing gives you a giant white crosshair)

When you are using the MarkC Mouse Fix, make sure you use the FIX that corresponds to your "Windows DPI" Settings(Items/Text Size). This should be 100% by default and using a fix for a different value it should not give 1-to-1 mouse tracking. So if Windows settings is 100% us the 100% Fix, if Windows on 125% Item Size use 125% Fix.
Note: When using DirectInput this should have any effect, since when using DirectInput the "Enhanced Pointer Precision" precision is not used, and that is exactly what the MarkC Mouse Fix fixes.

Windows / Full Screen:
If TO starts windowed somehow you can press F12 to make it full screen, works also reversed making fullscreen to windowed.

Mouse Polling Rate / DPI:
It appears UT99/TO doesnt really like high polling rates and high DPI Values. If you have problems with Direct Input still having mouse smoothing / acceleration id suggest try lowering both.
Or leave DirectInput disabled and use the MarkC Mouse Fix. (DirectInput enabled + MouseFix is rather useless)

Here i made some screenshots: When DirectInput is enabled, Enhanced Pointer Precision is never used.
When DirectInput is disabled, Enhanced Pointer Precision i used when viewing arround ingame.
The purpose of the MarkC Mouse Fix is the cancel out the Enhanced Pointer Precision when it is used by games.

So in this example DirectInput is not enabled, and Enhanced Pointer Precision turned off in windows.

1.png

In the main menu its not active (The right column in the Mouse Tool)

2.png
When looking arround ingame 
Enhanced Pointer Precision gets enabled.

3.png
When looking in the main menu or the buy screen it is disabled.

Conclusion: When you turn on DirectInput in TO, Enhanced Pointer Precision is never used.
When you turn off DirectInput in TO, Enhanced Pointer Precision is used when looking arround ingame.

The MarkC Mouse Fix makes it so that when you play with DirectInput disabled, it gets ''cancelled out'' by the MarkC Mouse Fix.

Edited by joeycracknl

Sign in to follow this