This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
Sign in to follow this  
joeycracknl

Share your .unr (TO MAPS)

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl

Well it takes over 10 seconds to open the Practice Session window with 1000+ maps.

The .bat starter directly starts the smallest map available for fastest loading time. (And loads mapvote mutator)

Then press Left-Alt to open the MapVoteUL screen. (Other mapvotes dont detect all maps)

The Mapvote loads the mapnames on mapchange and the map images when viewing them. This seems to save time compared to waiting 10secs in main menu and makes it more enjoyable to test maps.

It also displays a larger more scrollable list then the practice session window.

Edited by joeycracknl

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

ah ok, nice idea (didnt saw the screen of the map and im not sure if all maps have a shot) ut to decide faster it dont really help, except u already know the map 

but for what is the.bat starter?

joey i cant send u the demo atm, i dont know which file is missed (the server was already 13/14 online and came now back) in the new gameplay we was just 3 or 4 players 

btw, u already checked out this server?

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl

Started to make like a little Map Database side project, since i packed all maps into individual files and verify which work on 3.4 etc i found that its strange to look at only map names without knowing what they could be, names can be misleading in a way.

So i started taking screenshots of some maps, so far i only did letters of E, J, N, Q, V, Y and Z only about 50 maps of 1080+ maps.

You guys think this something worth putting time into? i made it like a ''proof of concept'' site to see how it looks and feels. Nothing permanent at this point but download links do work.
http://tacops.byethost7.com/

Also found TO-EscapePoint what might be the best TO Getaway remix ever o.O

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl

Well incase anybody wondering i am still working on sorting all these damn maps lol.

Recently i found a few stashes of old ut99 redirect servers and downloaded over 80gb of 90% UT files and 10% TO files.

Currently i have sorted:
- 1412 Playable Maps for TO 3.4 / 3.5
- 1 Map TO3.5 only

Unplayable:
- 19 Maps with Missing/Unfindable Packages
- 91 Maps Un-Playable for TO3.4 / 3.5 (Likely For TO 1.6-2.2, maybe 3.1.5)
- 3 Maps for SWAT mod
- 3 Maps with duplicate package name as in, TO has blister.umx, if map has blister.utx it gives filemismatch when joining server

And still need to sort out 369 Maps, with probably some duplicates making total like 300, and majority being TO 
1.6-2.2, maybe 3.1.5 Maps. So i think total maps i will be 1600.

Edit: Havent updated the google drive folder since when it had +-1100 Maps. Will do when i finished sorting them all out.

Edited by joeycracknl

Sign in to follow this