This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
Th120

Tactical Operations

Th120    18
Th120

I could throw an ironic answer here now..
I think it should be obvious from the media section what this project is about.
Some background info: http://criticalpointgame.com/index.html

Some more background info: CP:I aka Tactical Assault aka TO3 used to be a project to bring TO to new engines and continue the genre.

Edited by Th120

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

da brauchst du aber steam oder irgendwas, sonst kennt das ja keiner und hat noch weniger spieler als aot 
wie is das movement und aimingverhalten?
btw is das ue4?

Th120    18
Th120

We aim for steam greenlight later (requires at least images and a video I think). Currently our priority is a working closed alpha (after that an open alpha); not greeenlight.
The movement will be similar to TO:AoT.

For further information look at the website. Ssswing` spent some time answering faq and also wrote a few texts.

Edited by Th120

Floid    11
Floid

why copy when u can create?

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

was meinst du mit kopieren?
die versuchen doch nur nen to zu basteln mit aktueller grafik

what u mean with copy?
they just try to create a to aot like with better graphics

Floid    11
Floid

sag ich doch kerl. wie kann mein ein kopiertes TO progammieren nur weger der Grafik. Das Spiel ist eh tot, hat er hoffnungen das es besser als TO wird oder was

Th120    18
Th120

What is the point of creating games then?
CSGO, no way cs1.6 is better anyway. Y does valve not continue cs1.6?

What's the point of creating successsors? Call of Duty MW1, MW2, MW3, BO1, BO2, BO3. Fifa 2XXX. cs1.6, cs cd, css, csgo (etc)

Tactical Ops is representing a dead genre (realistic, arcade (, old school) shooter; do you get the oxymoron?). No game has actually filled the gap TO left I think

TO is also quite unbalanced (maps and weapons) and suffers in one thing: active devs.

What is your problem with an inofficial TO successor or do you just need something to complain about? :P

Edited by Th120

kimoomik    66
kimoomik
5 hours ago, Floid said:

sag ich doch kerl. wie kann mein ein kopiertes TO progammieren nur weger der Grafik. Das Spiel ist eh tot, hat er hoffnungen das es besser als TO wird oder was

natürlich wird es das, 95% richten sich nur nach der grafik und wenn steam mit im boot is später, kennen/sehen das spiel ein haufen leute, inaktiver als to kanns also nich werden selbst wenn nur 1% der steamuser interesse für das spiel zeigt

Thomas    312
Thomas
21 minutes ago, Th120 said:

What's the point of creating successsors? Call of Duty MW1, MW2, MW3, BO1, BO2, BO3.

Ehm... I wonder too, haha :P

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

Seems promesing, will check the site @pc.

Th120    18
Th120
57 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Ehm... I wonder too, haha :P

bad example  ^_^
I think cs is one of the few games where the successor does not suck.

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

cs always suck,u have a movement of a sack of potatoes xD

Floid    11
Floid

just programme it and we will test it all

Apo    10
Apo

Very nice, I was wondering when this would surface. Its also nice that proto let you advertise it on the CP:I site.

Good to see many familyar maps (although with such high graphics they definatly need more detail in the maps). The dudes hand holding the gun is really fat should put him on a diet.

I look forward to seeing what this brings and hope it doesn't got the same way as CPI. Are you not concerned about lawsuits from the folks that bought the rights to TO?

Is there any planned timelines like when the alpha is out?

-(V)(V)-    7
-(V)(V)-

Looks awesome.

Will definitely be waiting for the open alpha.

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

btw, when u will create dust for this game? wanna see how it looks :P

Th120    18
Th120

I don't think that a lawsuit is realistic because we are not selling the game (free).

We might have to change the name of maps later (maybe), but I think this is very unrealistic since they could also be added for free by the community.

We won't copy maps from cs. We might not even remap a lot of TO maps because that can also be done by the community.

There are no real time limits because this is only free time developing.

Edited by Th120

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

u make scope but no dust, cant understand scope suck asses and dust is 1 of the popilarest maps in a lot of games... 
but its ur decission ^_^

Th120    18
Th120
16 hours ago, kimoomik said:

u make scope but no dust, cant understand scope suck asses and dust is 1 of the popilarest maps in a lot of games... 
but its ur decission ^_^

The obvious reason for not making dust is very simple: We won't put a game on Valve's steam while breaking copyrights of a valve.

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

when u create them self its ur own project, like with music...

u break the copyright when u just convert the map and put them in a game, but, ok sure is sure and anayone will create this map...

Shone    42
Shone

Awesome idea!

Lets just hope that it is going to reach official release, not to end like CP project. Don't give up! ;) 

Th120    18
Th120
On 21.2.2017 at 11:17 PM, Apo said:

What impact if any will steam direct have on the game?

Well, our first open alpha release might not be on steam, but we will use Steam's OpenID system.
Later releasing on steam is the goal.
I currently have mixed feelings about steam direct...
It might be better than greenlight, yes, but paying a price between 100 and 5000$? :wacko: