This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
Shone

Can't play TO on my PC

kimoomik    66
kimoomik
1 hour ago, Shone said:

The only way for me to start the game is like this (Safe mode) and after some time on the server i got this message (Error) .

Error.png

Safe Mode.png

wanst that the same fail like fabulous had?
are u run to with opengl? should compatible to all graphic cards
and like i see u get this error cause of c4 (even without coding knowledge) , i think u already tried other render devices?

when this dont help i think thomas know what u need to do after that screen

embedded    5
embedded

It looks like a renderer device's problem. You can find the newest versions here: www.cwdohnal.com/utglr. After you download one of them, put it in your tactical ops/system folder, then after in safe mode go on "change your 3D video device" click the "show all devices" button and select the one you downloaded (you can do it also in TacticalOps.ini). I would recommend to use OpenGL renderer, rather than Direct3D. Then you should know that Unreal Engine 1 has severe timing issues with modern multicore CPUs, and dynamic clocking. Be sure to apply a framerate limiter for the software renderer which screams on modern hardware, you can manually set in the configuration file.

By default TacOps attempt to start (with most of the renderers) the game in fullscreen mode, and this can be the origin of an issue. You can give a try and disable it by placing this line: StartupFullscreen=False over the original one in the configuration file.

Also check if you have any on-screen display programs that might be interfering, as OSD feature or things like msi afterburner.

Lately, knowing that it works in safe mode is a good thing; safe mode just disables quite a few things and if we can't find a way in a normal way/mode, I'll help you to set Tactical Ops properly by starting it in a pseudo safe mode.

Then if nothing of this work, I've some questions for you; is it installed in the default location (C:)? You can start in safe mode with the audio enabled? Does the controls work ingame?

Edited by embedded

Shone    42
Shone

It is not in default location at C, never was before and it worked. I can't start safe mode with sounds. Controls work fine, everything works except sounds and after some time at the server i just get crash with that message.  

embedded    5
embedded

In my opinion there's not enough information to give an accurate and conclusive solution.

If none of the previously proposed solutions worked, we could try to solve it via remote or maybe just try using a Virtual machine.

Shone    42
Shone
22 hours ago, embedded said:

In my opinion there's not enough information to give an accurate and conclusive solution.

If none of the previously proposed solutions worked, we could try to solve it via remote or maybe just try using a Virtual machine.

I will just degrade to Win 7 again, but this days i don't have time for that. Thanks for trying to help, if there is still the same problem after i install Win 7, we will try solving that with methods you suggest. 

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

u mean a downgrade? thatsnot possible, just a upgrade
but if u want u dont need to delete win 8, u caninstall 2 or more operating systems (just google it)
its to hard for me to explain that in english ^_^

embedded    5
embedded

I really don't see the point of downgrading it to Windows Seven... The problem that you're experiencing is solvable, and if it only concern Tactical Ops (and if you don't want to bother yourself too much to find a solution), you can simply use a VM instead of downgrading the whole system.

gl

Shone    42
Shone

@kimoomik you really think that i use official windows? :P  

On 6/23/2017 at 6:10 PM, embedded said:

I really don't see the point of downgrading it to Windows Seven... The problem that you're experiencing is solvable, and if it only concern Tactical Ops (and if you don't want to bother yourself too much to find a solution), you can simply use a VM instead of downgrading the whole system.

gl

If you really want to waste some time trying to help me, i accept it with pleasure :D We can do something when you have free time and when i am not at work. I am free from 16 to 22 everyday. :D 

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

about time you start to sort your game up man

Shone    42
Shone
On 6/27/2017 at 8:50 PM, ZEE.WONK said:

about time you start to sort your game up man

Yeah, i miss it a lot :D We'll see during this week, i had rough weekend and couldn't find time to try to fix this. 

kimoomik    66
kimoomik
On 26.6.2017 at 7:07 PM, Shone said:

@kimoomik you really think that i use official windows? :P  

If you really want to waste some time trying to help me, i accept it with pleasure :D We can do something when you have free time and when i am not at work. I am free from 16 to 22 everyday. :D 

makes no difference if its "cracked" or not, game should work anyway