This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
Sign in to follow this  
Coffeecup

South American servers: 3.4 or 3.5?

Coffeecup    5
Coffeecup

I'm in the US, and the problem is the sto-gaming.org and Polish servers are empty by the time I am free to play night time here. I notice there are two South American servers populated during US evening time, one of those is the Comunidad Latina @servidor server which has the most players - but everytime I try to join the server, I crash with this error message: Error message

I tried Googling the server but only get Spanish language sites - tried page translate but couldn't be sure whether which one is referring to thet server I'm looking for - some of servers running 3.4 and some 3.5, and ESE links etc etc.

Anybody have an idea which server Comunidad Latina and running 3.4 or 3.5?

Or else, I can only play on EU servers during working hours, but wouldn't want my boss to catch me at this time lol

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

how it looks u need to delete nploader 
if this not work even clear ur cache, then it should work 

btw nploader u find in the system file order when u dont know where is it 

Edited by kimoomik

embedded    5
embedded

I would recommend as first attempt to delete the "NPLoaderLL_v16c.dll" file located in the System folder, and try to re-download it. If the problem persists, I would recommend you to delete all the cache and files of ACE and NPLoader found in the game (* .u, * .uxx (plus the proper strings in cache.ini), * .dll and * .ini) and re-download them again from Comunidad Latina's server.

Coffeecup    5
Coffeecup

Thanks for the solutions. I did everything (deleted all the files in the cache folder as well) and can see that the game downloaded new versions of these files from the server, but I still end up with the same error message. Repeated everything a few times but still the same error message as well.

The ACE files - those are from the cache folder?

embedded    5
embedded

What the game is trying to do is export the Cache "121B36CF4ACBD41131AA578973EDE381 (NPLoaderLL_v16c)" into System, but something impede it.

This is what should happen when the process goes well:

Loading package ../Cache/121B36CF4ACBD41131AA578973EDE381.uxx...
Exported Music 121B36CF4ACBD41131AA578973EDE381.NPLoaderLL_v16c to ..\System\NPLoaderLL_v16c.dll

The error instead reports this:

Can't export Music 121B36CF4ACBD41131AA578973EDE381.NPLoaderLL_v16c to ..\TacticalOps\System\NPLoaderLL_v16c.dll

Said that, try to download NPLoaderLL_v16c.dll from a mirror, and manually place it in System folder.

By the way, what's the path of the game, the game is located in VirtualStore?

Edited by embedded

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

are you sure that u deleted all files? 
but i would say it have nothing to do with ace, so reinstall this files should be enough 

when u cant get it fixed today/tomorrow reinstall the game with joeys fixed package, use my ini or fix the masterserverissue by yourself (how to do in our wiki)

tac ops.JPG

Coffeecup    5
Coffeecup

embedded & kimoomik: a big thank you guys for your very useful advice!

This is the Virtualstore pathway:

C:\Users\Coffeecup\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Infogrames\....

I remembered when Windows 10 did the Virtualstore thing with my X-Wing Alliance (1999), I uninstalled and reinstalled at a location outside the Program Files folder, because Windows 10 only interferes with program folders in there. So I did just that, and also did whatever both of you adviced, and I could join the Comunidad server! Yeah!

When my Windows 10 was upgraded from 8.1, the Virtual store thing didn't happen - this was only after I did a clean install of Windows 10.

Anyway, I have to say that the technical support that you have for our old beloved game is great - including the wiki and the unified download section for all relevant files - a one stop center for everything TOAOT.

Another thing, whenever I leave the Comindad server, I get this after exiting the game:

https://s21.postimg.org/klz1mv753/End_error.jpg

But I don't have any problems re-connecting to the server again - so I guess I shouldn't worry about this?

Again THANK YOU guys!

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl

I still find this Virtualstore thing strange. I never had do deal with this. Like i only ever edited files in the games folder itself and never had issues.

Are you using a self installed TO or 3.4+3.5 Pack?
I dont know about the ACE Crash upon quitting a server, it should let you quit without issues.

Perhaps the the needed of editing files in the Virtual Store "glitches" ACE, perhaps the reason some people have problems with ACE.
Maybe it has something to do with the game being in the Program Files folder?

It is known though that after playing on a ACE server, you have to restart TO to "un-load" ACE for playing on a normall TOST server.
A funny thing is the TOST on TO3.4 has a bug that was fixed in later version that can cause a crash on map change.

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

nice to hear that it works now, i even have always a lot of crashs when i remember the last years back
could depend on a lot things, new hardware, new windows etc. this game was 
so dont worry, we all have a crash from time to time 

btw get u this message always and just when u leave? then its not normal, but so long u can play... :D

Thomas    312
Thomas
2 hours ago, joeycracknl said:

I still find this Virtualstore thing strange. I never had do deal with this. Like i only ever edited files in the games folder itself and never had issues.

It's due to UAC virtualization. Since Windows Vista, the Program Files directory is 'write protected'. In other words, programs need Administrator permission in order to write to it. To accomodate older programs which are designed to write to their own directory (and are thus unaware of the required privilege elevation) all write operations to the Program Files directory are 'virtualized' and written to the VirtualStore instead.

If you never had to deal with this then you either run your programs with Administrator permission (which is a very bad idea in general) or for whatever reason your Program Files directory is open to writes from non elevated users (also a bad idea).

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl

Thomas thanks for the clear explanation.

I did learn in the past that its best to not have older games in Program Files folder so i never installed them there.
Id always have C:/Games, C:/Steam, D:/Steam etc.

I guess thats why TO 3.5 ESE warns you when you have TO installed in Program Files folder, perhaps it gives problems with ACE too.

kimoomik    66
kimoomik
11 hours ago, Thomas said:

If you never had to deal with this then you either run your programs with Administrator permission (which is a very bad idea in general) or for whatever reason your Program Files directory is open to writes from non elevated users (also a bad idea).

why its a bad idea? on my old hdd i ever have done this with to, maybe u can remember at this and i never had any problem with that 
can it destroy parts of windows or whats the point on this?

Thomas    312
Thomas
1 hour ago, kimoomik said:

why its a bad idea? on my old hdd i ever have done this with to, maybe u can remember at this and i never had any problem with that 
can it destroy parts of windows or whats the point on this?

If you run a program with elevated permissions, it means that program can do anything on your system without your knowledge. If your program were to be compromised in any way, for example with a remote code execution exploit, you are going to have a very bad time.

It's pretty much IT security 101. You should only run programs in a non elevated userspace, anything above that is a potential security risk.

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

ok, so when i undertsnad your point right,you should never give downloaded hames the adminrights

lets take for example our to download here, i dont think that anything could happen when i start to as admin 
but be careful with dubios sources or u can get problems with every game, wayne from where u it have? just a bad download or anything could be enough?

Thomas    312
Thomas

You should give none of your programs admin rights. Not even TO.

1 hour ago, kimoomik said:

i dont think that anything could happen when i start to as admin 

Remember that TO is a very old piece of software which hasn't seen any (security) updates in about 14 years. It is very likely that there are many vulnerabilities in the code, some known exploits have even received a CVE number (related to the Unreal engine).

Sign in to follow this