This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
Apollon

How to make a free PUBLIC Tactical Ops Server?

Apollon    0
Apollon

Hello! I want to make a simple free Tactical Ops Public Server that shows up in the Server List. Does anyone know how to do that?

Thanks, Apollon

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

If you browsing around forum before asking, you would found some :P

Apollon    0
Apollon

I read that post but it doesn't help me :( can you please explain me what i have to do?

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

then u should search a guy which speak ur language, i think theres everythink said what u need

Thomas    312
Thomas
  1. Download the following package:

2. Open UDP port 7777 and 7778 in your firewall (if you're behind a NAT firewall, forward these ports to your machine)
  3. Run the server

Apollon    0
Apollon

Ok thats a step now whats UDP :P  and I have Tactical Ops TOST Server files (downloaded from joeycracknl's google drive archive). Are these files OK? Because TOST has a lot of cool options.

wait nvm I think I did it, let me do a test and I will inform you :) 

Edited by Apollon

Apollon    0
Apollon

It didnt work with my files, I'll download the files you suggested and I'll try.

On 3/4/2017 at 11:37 PM, kimoomik said:

then u should search a guy which speak ur language, i think theres everythink said what u need

kimookik believe me, there aren't a LOT of people here in Greece that know about these forward things...

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl

I dont really know how all those Pre-Packed servers are set up on my Google Drive so i think you are better of downloading the server from here (Although it probably also on the TO Drive)

You will need to forward the Ports TO need in your Router's Settings. In the post ZEE.WONK posted above you can find a link to what ports you need to forward. You can see here http://333networks.com/ut/TO340 if your server shows up and is visible to others.

Also have to keep in mind how good your internet connection is. When you host a server on a home network the connection quality can be greatly influenced by other users on your home network. (Like torrenting, streaming, youtube etc can give ping spikes)
It can be done perfectly nice on a shared home connection, just dont set your player count too high and make sure your network is not actively used while the server is online. I am also running a server on my home network (150/15mbit), but that is only untill i have it fully set up and move it to a dedicated connection at my works place.

Apollon    0
Apollon

I'll come in some minutes ok dont leave

Apollon    0
Apollon

ey joeycracknl im back

Th120    18
Th120

I think my server does not send the heartbeat to 333networks, but to qtracker, which also works perfectly. ( I recommend using it for 3.4 :) )

You have to look for it in the game (I recommend the package by @joeycracknl).

Edited by Th120

SaberPrime    0
SaberPrime

Hello.  I've managed to get my own server up and running using the server package and doing some tweaks with it to get most of the settings right but I do have a couple of questions:

1.  How do you increase bot skill?  I tried changing the server ini's but nothing seems to work they are always 'average' skill level.
2.  How would I go about adding more maps to my map list?  Do I need to download them or can I just add them to ini and use the 1500+ map redirect link?

Thomas    312
Thomas

Hi,

1. Unfortunately the default TO bots aren't anything like the UT bots. Because both games use the same engine they can be interchanged, but there is no 'official' support for it and it does not work very well on public servers
  2. You simply add the map files to the TacticalOps folder of your server (make sure each type of file goes into the correct subfolder). If you set MapVoteMode to 0 in your server ini file you don't have to add the maps to the ini file manually (the server will scan the map folder on each map switch and add the new packages automatically):

[TOSTTools.TOSTMapHandling]
    NextMap=True
    MapVote=True
    MapVoteMode=0

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl

You should be able to tweak the TO Bot Difficulty in your User.ni i beleave this also works for server as the server does read out the User.ini contents

[Botpack.ChallengeBotInfo]
bAdjustSkill=False
bRandomOrder=True
Difficulty=1

Difficulty=7 is Godlike. so you have 0-7 to tune difficulty, remember to set AdjustSkill=False or bots will change their skill depending on how they perform.

(If you decide to use free public redirect i made, make sure to only use maps downloaded from google drive as otherwhise you can have chance of file mismatch since your server and redirect can have different files.)

Edited by joeycracknl