This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
Sign in to follow this  
JoVeDaDoN

*HELP* ese install folder problem win 7

JoVeDaDoN    0
JoVeDaDoN

Hi, can anyone please help me out here?.

I have downloaded the 3.4/3.5, T.O pack but when i install ese it asks for the tactical ops exe so i locate via c:/to3.5 and it still comes up with the error.

I have changed it to c:/games/To3.5 but still ese says the same crap everywhere says to make a folder in c:/ thats what i have done and still wont let me install client everything else with the key is fine just the exe path.

can someone shed any light on this please?.

THANKS

path.jpg

dir.jpg

error.jpg

Thomas    312
Thomas

@joeycracknl perhaps you know what's up here?

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

@JoVeDaDoN try it on a other path, outside from program files, downloads, documents or anywhere, where u like

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl

Im not exactly sure put you are probably setting ESE to the wrong folder.

If you downloaded the TO3.4+3.5 Fixed Pack and extract the contents to your C:/ drive becoming C:/Tactical Ops/
Then you have to configure ESE to know TO3.5 is in the C:/Tactical Ops/TO350/ folder and it should work.

Its been more then a year since i had ESE on my PC so i cant exactly check it.

Edited by joeycracknl

JoVeDaDoN    0
JoVeDaDoN

The path is now ok but no ese client install???..

check.jpg

problem.jpg

And it wont download any updates it just says error in downloading.

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl

I can take a look later tonight on my garage pc but on the first screenshot you posted there is a button "Install ese Client" click on it and see what happens.

Edit:
Well i took a look and i think there is something wrong with ESE servers..

After you have configured ESE that TO3.5 is in the TO350/System/TacticalOps.exe directoy and placed your ESEKeyFile.xml in the system directory, it should let you login and download/install the ESE Client Files & ESE Renderers but somehow it doesnt and the buttons to download/update them are greyed out.

I think this is something thats only fixed by the ESE Team as ESE should work just fine on the TO3.5 in the Fixed Pack as i verified in the past. Perhaps you can start a thread on the ESE Protect Forums and ask for help over there, like i said it almost appears if some parts of their service are offline.

Here all i can say is just stick to TO3.4 as most of the playerbase does (Probably for this exact reason)

Edited by joeycracknl

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

u already found a solution in ese forum?

Sign in to follow this