This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
Sign in to follow this  
Tellme

Problem with

Tellme    0
Tellme

Problem with my Server 3.5

Hi all, today and been trying to create my tactical ops 3.5 server and I downloaded all the files, the system console does not show any problem but in the server list (in the game) is not my server, what is it that can happen?

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

Add ports on router?

TCP PORTS: 7777, 8080, 8777, 9777, 27900
UDP PORTS: 7777, 7778, 7779, 27900
Idk if there are other ports.
And you shuld find it in LAN, When i had a server i culdnt see it on internet list but others culd.

Tellme    0
Tellme

Yes, I have them open ports.
From my public IP I can not connect, however if I put my private ip (192.168.1.X) i can enter.

Thomas    312
Thomas

From your story it sounds like something on your side is blocking inbound and outbound connections. (Assuming that the server configuration has been configured properly).

In most cases this is caused by a hardware and/or software firewall.
If you're behind a router, the static NAT (Network Address Translation) must be configured as well (but you mentioned that you've already done this).

To find the problem, the best thing to do is to start ruling out different causes.
Let's start by verifying if a remote system can see the server. canyouseeme.org is a great service to do this (ensure that the server is running first).

Tellme    0
Tellme

Error: I could not see your service on XX.XXX.XXX.XXX on port (7777)
Reason: Connection refused

Why? If my router configuration I have open ports

post-215-13866875804285_thumb.jpg

Thomas    312
Thomas

That looks fine, so we can probably rule out NAT as the cause of the problem.
But on a side note, TO server listens on the UDP protocol for the 'game connections' (the other ports are used for the server query protocol), so the TCP 7777 port is unnecessary.

The reason provided by canyouseeme, 'Connection refused', usually signifies a firewall blocking the connection.
Do you have any firewalls installed on your computer, and - if you're running Windows - is the Windows Firewall configured to allow connections on these ports? (If it's not turned off of course).

Thomas    312
Thomas

A few things coming to my mind; some ISP's don't allow their clients to run servers on certain ports, or not on any port at all. I don't know if this is the case with your ISP, but this might be something worth checking.

Edit
This may seem a little odd, but does it work if you enable the Windows Firewall and configure it to open the required ports?

Tellme    0
Tellme

Nothing happened, the problem is not resolved to

Tellme    0
Tellme

Problem solved, activating and setting windows firewall ports, many thanks for all

Thomas    312
Thomas

Glad I could help, good luck with the server! ;)

Sign in to follow this