This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
Sign in to follow this  
Eisenfaust_A.Sack14

Install b][o protect on server

Eisenfaust_A.Sack14    0
Eisenfaust_A.Sack14

Hi, folks.

I am playing regularly on your server for some months now.
I enjoy playing with you guys, however I also suffer from the
same negative impacts we have or had on our servers in tacops 3.5.

I was semi admin on the fM server for serveral years, one of the most frequented
tactiical ops server ever.

Among others, this server was protected by b][o protect, created by nikita + sledge.

This banning mechanism is a powerful tool and I would suggest to instal it on the
tactical ops servers remaining in 3.4 at least on the more frequented ones.
During 2008 / 2009 Sledge granted me b][o protect admin privileges after scanning
my profile to find out that I played (over the years) more than 30.000 rounds of tactical ops using the same name without faking.

We had 6 or more servers connected through b][o protect following the
approach : one for all - all for one

As a result, all servers engaged participated in all banning in a global manner
but also recognizing player movements, change of ncknames, ip-changes and other stuff.

I do not want to explain how this mechanism works but believe me it is better than
ese ever will be, hence there is no client installation required.
It is server oriented.

This banning mechanism auto detects individuals and removes them from the server, they do not even get connected but deliver a tost-message including ban-id and reason of banning.
It is much stronger than the pure tost-mechanisms and delivers some strong extras.
In addition, it delivers a feeling of protection to users and prevent players from getting faked.

Maybe you have a chance to install this great tool ?

Eisenfaust_A.Sack14

Renkinjutsushi    0
Renkinjutsushi

i don't think we need this

Extostteam    0
Extostteam

I know this anti cheat 2 or 3 years back when i was playing 3.5 i saw this anti cheat for the first time, did some little research and came to the conclussion that some cheats bypassed it, don't know if it has been updated since then, and if you guys keep updating it.

Well it would be weird that the admins would put this on the server if they also could put ace with nbsp and tost. Or instead of ace utdc+utdc plus, the admins got a good reason for not puting extra anti cheat on the server i think.

But thats not for me to decide.

I just got 1 question, is the anti cheat up to date?

Apo    10
Apo

you cant instal so many anticheats it will cause a lot of lagg and instability best to just stick to tost for public servers. I was working on adding an enhanced banning method in sg server tools but never finished adding it :(

Extostteam    0
Extostteam

If you rent a good war server were you always play max 5n5 or 6n6 it won't lagg that much. But in a public server it will lagg,.

fatboyharley    10
fatboyharley

and this sack14 guy says he was sa, but he cheats regularly on 3.4 ctf server

sp33dCore    16
sp33dCore

True, he cheats from time to time himself..

Extostteam    0
Extostteam

So the guy is a cheater and comes here to tell the admins to put an anti cheat of his on the server, kinda ironic...