This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
Sign in to follow this  
mAd.Sm0kaH``

I suggest a new hoster

mAd.Sm0kaH``    2
mAd.Sm0kaH``

2day until the servers were off for a few minutes we played in oldsql server, and it was so much better gaming than in tdm(at least for me and some other players), the server wasnt laggy and the gaming was more fluid.

Thomas    312
Thomas

Probably because their server is closer to you. (Well, Germany adjoins directly to France, which directly adjoins Spain. Our server is located in The Netherlands, so the data packets have to travel through Belgium as well, potentially causing more hops in the route between you and the server).

Thomas    312
Thomas

Did some research together with mAd, and we've concluded that my theory is indeed correct.

However, I was wrong about Belgium. I was actually quite suprised when I found out his connection goes all the way through London first before reaching Amsterdam.

His connection to Oldsql consisted of far less hops (18 hops to our server, 12 to Oldsql), ultimately resulting in a better ping.
Unfortunately there's nothing we can do about that. The ISP's would have to optimize their routing, but this isn't always possible.

mAd.Sm0kaH``    2
mAd.Sm0kaH``

I guess that only a few ppl is going to undestand this :D

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK
I guess that only a few ppl is going to undestand this :D

(Y)

Jasper    0
Jasper

ehh? I think everyone will understand this.. atleast if u can read English.

The experience of lagg can also come from a small map with to many players in it or stuff like that.
I also hear several people say TDM server is worse than oldsql's and |I myself sometimes experience lagg in the server. sometimes weapons do not fire or the timing is a little off, these are game bugs and probably there isn't much we can do about it.

Kaivo    3
Kaivo

Every server will lag with 16+ people.
And as Thomas said server cant be same good for everyone, so it is logical that oldsql server is better for some people.

But for less lagg i HIGHLY suggest removing C4 and timebombs, not only people bug with them, but it also crashes the maps and make server laggy.

mAd.Sm0kaH``    2
mAd.Sm0kaH``

I suggest to put c4 off like 100 times :D

Sign in to follow this