This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
Sign in to follow this  
Thomas

Third Anniversary Tournament: Mishap

Thomas    312
Thomas

Third Anniversary Tournament 2013
Mishap

This evening, at 8 PM, a match took place with Team Awesome versus Team .sG`, however, things didn't quite turned out as expected. Well, you might even say it was a mishap.

What happened
The first problem arrised when we were about to start the match. There was some miscommunication within the team about who would be supervising the match, so we were left with no supervisors at all. Thankfully Twisted Ass showed up, which solved our first problem.

But that's not where it ended. Right after the first round started, there was a lot of confusion and even disagreement about the way we were playing the match. We were using public TDM settings, where we should've used ClanWar Mode settings. I fully admit that this is a mistake from my side, and I sincerely apologize for that.
But, one should not forget that this is the first time we are organizing a tournament, mistakes were bound to be made.

The disagreement carried along during the entire match, causing a lot of distraction and even more confusion. You might even say it was a mess.

How we will proceed
We came to the conclusion that this wasn't working, and we decided that we would neglect the match, and schedule a new one.

I'd like to ask all members of Team .sG`, and Team Awesome to post when they are available, so we can do this over, this time better organized.

Again, I'd like to apologize for the great deal of distress this has caused, especially for those who had to make time to attend the match.

But, let's not let this mishap ruin the fun of the tournament, as one said during the match, we should look ahead, and not to past. The tournament is meant to be fun for everyone, and if we can achieve that, then this tournament is a success. No matter who loses or who wins, that's nothing more than an insignificant detail. It's about the conviviality, bringing the community closer together, and just have fun!

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

I am available almost everyday.

mAd.Sm0kaH``    2
mAd.Sm0kaH``

I want to play in other server :(

Thomas    312
Thomas

@ mAd, are you available tomorrow? If so, I'll see if there's anything we can do to improve your connection.

mAd.Sm0kaH``    2
mAd.Sm0kaH``

Ye I am :) I will join TS ty for ur help

sullivaN.    9
sullivaN.

I could play on friday afternoon, and in the weekend.

Jasper    0
Jasper

we should set fixed and clearly stated rules.

An option, see below

TDM maps

Cw mode: on
Map time: 50 minutes
Round duration: 4 minutes
Weapons: public style as on TDM server
Starting money: as on TDM server
Game speed: normal as on TDM server

CTF mode:
Time: normal Public time (or half that time as you can play both sides)
Round duration: Invalid
Weapons: as on CTF public server
Starting money: as on CTF public server
Game speed: as on CTF public server

Communications: 1 team captain is appointed, who will speak on behalf of his team. all other players will be muted in order to prevent flaming messages (optional, u can also work with a warning system as we got live admins at every match)

etc. etc.

i'll check with my members to see when they are available for the war, i'll specifically ask for friday, saturday and sunday as i see SvN can play those days.

Keeping u informed!

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

50 minutes is very long o.o

but who spectate this match?
normally make this thomas, right?

Tomek Nysa    17
Tomek Nysa

@kimo
The game lasts 12 rounds, not 50 minutes.
And every admin can spectate the match.

sullivaN.    9
sullivaN.
we should set fixed and clearly stated rules.

An option, see below

TDM maps

Cw mode: on
Map time: 50 minutes
Round duration: 4 minutes
Starting money: as on TDM server
Game speed: normal as on TDM server

CTF mode:
Time: normal Public time (or half that time as you can play both sides)
Round duration: Invalid
Weapons: as on CTF public server
Starting money: as on CTF public server
Game speed: as on CTF public server

Communications: 1 team captain is appointed, who will speak on behalf of his team. all other players will be muted in order to prevent flaming messages (optional, u can also work with a warning system as we got live admins at every match)

etc. etc.

i'll check with my members to see when they are available for the war, i'll specifically ask for friday, saturday and sunday as i see SvN can play those days.

Keeping u informed!

Jasper, you mean with tdm settings the same settings as we were using yesterday? I prever to play with clan server settings.

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

ah ok So the 50 minutes are only for the case where each round lasts 4 minutes :D

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

btw who recording this matches?
best match of the tournament :D

spod    0
spod

probably yes: tuesday, sunday
probably no: friday, saturday

Days for me-

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK
50 minutes is very long o.o

but who spectate this match?
normally make this thomas, right?

It's just to set some extra time.
It's 12 rounds/side And time can be longer/shorter depends how fast the rounds goes.

@Jasper, Not a bad idea ;)

bRo`    4
bRo`

i am available at sunday :) allll day long!
maybe we could meet at 19.00/19.30, because it will take some time before everyone is online so we can start at 20.00.

bRo`    4
bRo`

Weapons ok, Nades no! Its just too lame to play with c4 and tear gas in a war.

Jasper    0
Jasper

Weapons ok, Nades no! Its just too lame to play with c4 and tear gas in a war.

we play with the 'lame'c4 and stuff because this is not a normal tournament as esl of what ever sets it up.. they are trying to do things differently, setting up a mixed CTF and TDM tournament, i think it's a cool feature to use these weapons.

On other hand i get the point, i hate c4! haha but they can be used in a tactical way in cw's as well :) (not in a random public server where they TK everyone etc.)

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

but noone in the tournament will use this :D
it's just boring and annoying

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

Waste of money, i allways only afford with full armor a de+ge Nade xD
Gas can come handy, to gas out the campers.

sullivaN.    9
sullivaN.

I agree with bro. I don't like to play with a c4 or teargas in war, because it's useless, annoying and no fun.
I play this game, because I like the gameplay and the way a war used to be played. So why we would change that? Just make a mixed tournament of a ctf war and a 'real' tdm war. That's different enough;)

we play with the 'lame'c4 and stuff because this is not a normal tournament as esl of what ever sets it up.. they are trying to do things differently, setting up a mixed CTF and TDM tournament, i think it's a cool feature to use these weapons.

On other hand i get the point, i hate c4! haha but they can be used in a tactical way in cw's as well :) (not in a random public server where they TK everyone etc.)

Kaivo    3
Kaivo

Weapons should be as in cws (normal). C4 ruins the experience and fun

bRo`    4
bRo`

This was not what i expected of this tournament, because this was not announced when we had to registrate for this.
I can understand that some people might think its fun to play with c4 and all the crap, but i'm gonna resign myself of this tournament if these settings are gonna be played in the tournament.

Jasper    0
Jasper

guess the opinion of the players are clear..

Thomas, other tacops admins..

could we apply normal CW rules for the TDM games?

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

c'mon this is tac ops server, there was not an announce about cw style either.
This tournament is TDM & CTF, so some dont want to play tdm/ctf either?
Tdm= C4 and gas
Clan war enabled= m60, parker and that granade launcher.
But to be able to do the map missions is needed.

sullivaN.    9
sullivaN.
c'mon this is tac ops server, there was not an announce about cw style either.
This tournament is TDM & CTF, so some dont want to play tdm/ctf either?
Tdm= C4 and gas
Clan war enabled= m60, parker and that granade launcher.
But to be able to do the map missions is needed.

A war used to be played in cw style...

Sign in to follow this