This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
Sign in to follow this  
kimoomik

can anyone create a cheater server?

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

then also get not so much cheater to the normal server
also works in 3.1.9 hats were always the cheaters on the cheater server

federico    23
federico

I think it could work...
There are servers without anti cheats, but they aren't called " Cheater Servers " so no one enter in and play.
Opening a cheater server ... A move for save the game ?
But who will open a cheater server ? This is the problem
When servers will be less...someone will open cheater servers, maybe a cheater too, how happened in 3.19 ...
[ Most of cheaters have more fun playing versus other cheaters than versus normal players, so i think it could work ]

Thomas    312
Thomas

Could be an interesting experiment.

Will consider doing this.

Batman    23
Batman

OMG did kimoomik just post a clever suggestion xD nah im jk man, it would actually be cool to verse cheaters you know

Jasper    0
Jasper

I can ask Apo to setup a server we should have no problem running it but wouldn't this stimulate players even more to even download cheats... i prefere not to since when u have cheats downloaded it might be more temping to turn them on on the servers we now play on

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

There been a server called something with cheaters only or something.
But doubt they think it's fun to play against other cheaters.

-kokA!ne*    0
-kokA!ne*
There been a server called something with cheaters only or something.
But doubt they think it's fun to play against other cheaters.

Fun 4 cheaters and trainig for clean players :)

Thomas    312
Thomas

I've thought about this idea a bit more, and I'm starting to get my doubts.

What I think will happen is that cheaters will initially 'try out' the server, but eventually they'll get bored and head for the normal servers, thus effectively eliminating the purpose of the cheat server. So it may help a bit for a short time, but I think the effects are minimal.

On the other hand, it also poses a 'challenge' for the cheaters. On normal servers they have to constantly be aware in order not to get caught, whereas on a server dedicated to cheaters, they can release their need to cheat to the fullest, and even compete with other cheaters.

Anyway, if we do this, we have to be very carefull not to endorse the use of cheats. It's a bit of a paradox, because we're all against cheating, so putting up a server dedicated for cheaters would be a bit hypocrite.

But on the other side, regulation usually works better than prohibition.

I'll discuss this further with the team to hear their opinions.

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

noone whos clean goes on a cheater server except he is not clean
because you know that there is cheated
passes me because from the outset the loss even if I win

Fun 4 cheaters and trainig for clean players :)

I can ask Apo to setup a server we should have no problem running it but wouldn't this stimulate players even more to even download cheats... i prefere not to since when u have cheats downloaded it might be more temping to turn them on on the servers we now play on

I think rather less since I guess that everyone has at least a 2 to 3 has a radar
the cheats are not used all the time but only when you have no chance

Moreover, we also have the ip's of the people that are on the server

Twist    24
Twist

the risk is, that clean players who have never cheated could try to play with cheats on the cheater server, and then could become "addicted" to it.
With that I mean that they cant stop using cheats on normal servers..

bRo`    4
bRo`

They don't do it to compete with other cheaters. They do it to ruin the fun for the clean players.
Therefore a server just for cheaters won't stop them from coming. The amount of cheaters is also not that big to be starting something like this.
I think that the cheaters that you see now are usually the same guys, just changing their ip and name. So what we need are admins that are capable of keeping the servers clean.

Kaivo    3
Kaivo

Like Twisted said i think that server would only encourage people to cheat, is it really what we want?

greyz    9
greyz

agree with kaivo

Sign in to follow this