This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
Sign in to follow this  
Omega

Server health(-care). Can we help?

Omega    0
Omega

Hey

I was wondering what it would take to make this server most stable. 

Lately (past 6 months) this server has been resetting or lagging at random times.

I don't know where this server is located, who the owner is, why it lags, why it resets, what the cause is or if there is something to be done to eliminate the problems. 

If the owner or affiliate could answer, it would be nice.

I was thinking if the server needed a better or more expensive service provider, the lot of us (users of the server) would have 0 - few problems providing the necessary means to accomplice this.

So.. Can we help?

-Omega-

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

Nothing wrong with the server.

Twist    24
Twist

Server does crash several times

Thomas    312
Thomas

The resetting/crashes are caused by server attacks. During such an attack we capture all incoming packets to our server which we use to send out abuse reports to the respective ISP's.

Regarding the other issues you mentioned, this is - in almost all cases - a client side issue. We constantly monitor our server and network performance to anticipate any problem that might arrise, and in the event of something going wrong server side, we immediately respond to it. ;)

Omega    0
Omega

Thank you for explaining, Thomas.

So I've just learned that server resets are caused by cyber maggots, and the random lags is due to higher traffic on my side of the shared internet traffic lines. I can live with 1st world problems..

Have a nice weekend.

Sign in to follow this