This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
Sign in to follow this  
crashburn

Guidance for admins and were does an abuse start?

crashburn    1
crashburn

So hi there.

It does not seem all of youre admin colleagues are behaving according to any kind of guydance at least not to the same.

Example? There you go:

What should an admin do / How should he behave if some players think he is having some extra help? E.g. a radar? And it is really looking likt that? 

Kicking players who state their opinion by using the "say" command? This has never been the way we were handling some things like that and a far as I learned, that's not the way admins used to behave on tacops-server - until now.

I am not going to tell any names, but this just happened to me and in my opinon this is real abuse.

So is there any guidance? And is it ok to kick players for fun?

So long. Looking for an answer :lost:

headhunter    35
headhunter

hi Mr. C.B.

well first of all my excuse for my behavior.

next to this. Being called a cheater the whole time can work sometimes on your nerves.

I just play and do my thing. Our admins don't cheat and if you think one of us cheats, then spectate him/her and send a copy to Thomas, me, zeewonk or ladytjuhh

this is our lead group ;) 

sometimes it is fun to kick players, yes.

this is not the correct way of acting towards a player, no.

after all it is a game, so keep the fun there and don't take our jobs by screaming cheater (this or that) i understand you want to alert other players, and that is more than okay!

were both human, i understand u don't liked my action and i don't liked your action (action is reaction something something with a guy called newton) so lets bury the hatched and lets go on okay?

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

Well head it can be annoying, But you can always mute :mrgreen:
Also you can't be vote out xD

greyz    9
greyz

or just punish him with death the message will come then to :P:)

mAd.Sm0kaH``    2
mAd.Sm0kaH``

Well I end up kicking all thoose who start ff me :D

Twist    24
Twist

Muting solves all

Batman    23
Batman

Tbh honest, just clarify with him why he thinks you have radar and just counter his point with a valid explanation. If you think the persons thrown logic out the window sticka mute on him :P. Just my opinion

crashburn    1
crashburn

hi headhunter and thank you for your quick reply.
since you gave me some things to think about, i'd like to take the chance to answer them.

short version: ok. exactly. go on :). never said they would. hm. correct. thanks. i copy
that.

in my opinion a more detailed reply is more useful here: :coffee:

first of all i accept your exculpation, knowing that mistakes are there to be made.
furthermore i appreciate that you directly answer with your real name to my post (reason
see below).

but:

being called a cheater is what happens to quite a lot of players on your/all server(s) and
it is of course annoying to everyone that is not cheating at all.
most of the players being blamed to cheat have only a few possibilities on how to react
(ignore, discuss, leave, ...) and of course hope not to get too many votes or accidental
tks to be auto kicked from the server. that's life for a normal, non admin guy :)
these are also possibilities for an admin (except being kicked of course), but i will
refer to that later on.

playing and having fun is what most or maybe all players let join tacops-server every day,
i think. same to me.

I am a bit surprised that you imply i am thinking any of your admin colleagues or even any
admin at all would be cheating. i want to assure you that if i ever get an idea of an admin
being cheating, i will first spec / record and discuss internally instead of creating a
forum post.
nevertheless: i have not been kicked by a player named headhunter, but - as i assume
regarding to your reply on my very first post - by your fake identity. i will pick that up
for my suggestion at the end of my post.

you are letting me / us know that it is sometimes fun for you to kick players. be assured
it is no fun for the ones being kicked. especially not for one single opinion stated by
"say" command only which was followed by a verbal abuse and a tempkickban a second
afterwards. I'd like to underline this since there was no spamming or forcing others to
finally vote you. just to state this clearly i do admit that it is not only what you say,
but how you say, but i think we already agreed on that.

now back to the point since you already admitted you did not act the right way. as i
already said: mistakes ... we all love to do some ...

concerning your statement about tacops still being a game and all of us being human
(hopefully), it is easy to agree on that and burying the hatched was my intention to post
a comment and to illuminate what has happened and why of course and to get a possibility to
understand the admin that performed the kick and to also give him the possibility to find
out what is/was going on on the other side. and, as i already stated in my very first post,
i was not intending to talk about names, but since you gave me some things to think about i
decided to let you know how it looked like from my side. be sure i am always willing to
discuss with you in pm.

ok, enough of that and getting back to the point. i am sorry to say it again, but i did use
the headline "abuse" because in my opinion it has been one but with respect to your
response lets forget about it. please also notice that i do not think you are abusing any
privilege on a general basis and i am only referring to that particular case. so here is my
proposal what to do instead - lets call it lesson learned since it is always good to learn
from happening - maybe you can discuss this in the leader group:

proposal of escalation steps for ubiquitous application (e.g. being blamed to be cheating,
players doing ff, guys going on you’re nerves, ...):

1. ignore (you may decide how long and up to what point) or mute (since you cannot be
kicked from server by others voting you)
2. if faked: unfake (give the other a chance to recognise what is going on)
3. if still blamed: give a warning (this is also the first time a player will recognize you
behind an admin and getting the chance to know you are not a name faker)
4. still being blamed: warn again (you may repeat step 4 until it gets on your nerves)
5. punish (do it as often as necessary ...)
5. kick
6. if the aggressor is still bothering you: tempkickban

7. and the very last one of course: temp ban (few hours, days, whatever, ... but i dont know if time ban is only an option within ESE)

at the end you may be able to understand why i am a bit displeased since you tempkickbanned
without having tried at least escalation step 1 and necessarily 2 ;)

so here's the proposal and you may of course shorten the process for players often annoying.
maybe you do already have some guidance (if i got the suggestions above right).

at the very end: wow! lots of words. back to the game. gl & hf :moonwalk:

:yeah:

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, Repeat  (A)

headhunter    35
headhunter

Aaaah finaly someone with a good response. well the abuse part should be partialy correct, Because i did not follow these steps, we already got them ;) and indeed i did not play with my admin name, this has other reasons.
So my actions were incorrect, as i said it is pretty anoying being called cheater over and over again, most if the times i reform these words and avtions in game as "skill" or blind rage. This time i simply cracked. And the fact being i was playing with another name to bust a ban evading player led to the mistake.

fatboyharley    10
fatboyharley

admins almost never do abuse...all their actions have a perfect logic that you cannot attack. so if an admin kicks you out, it only means you made him do so :) well that was the fun part. now the serious one.
never forget, admins are humans too, they are not perfect, though some of them are close to that. so if you insist with some kind of annoying actions, or cheats, or things that are out of a regular playing behaviour, you could expect some kind of reaction that you might not like. most of the players call it "abuse".

crashburn    1
crashburn

@zee.wonk

5 ist ok ... it's kind of a warning. so reconnect and all is fine.

@headhunter

everything is fine. I am glad we really clarified this issue. so lets go on and have some fun.

@fatboyharley

thanks you for your response. i think headhunter and i already agreed on the important issues.

Sign in to follow this