This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
Sign in to follow this  
Coffeecup

3.4 or 3.5?

Coffeecup    5
Coffeecup

Which one should I patch up for the bigger/better community?

Thank you.

Thomas    312
Thomas

We are running version 3.4, however, the 3.5 community seems to be slightly more active at the moment. Although it doesn't seem to be that much of a difference.

In my opinion, you should go with the version that suits your preferences in terms of gameplay. ;)

MARTY    24
MARTY

You can have both at the same time. I got both on my computer and I'm always hopping between versions :P.

Coffeecup    5
Coffeecup

Thanks Thomas!

You can have both at the same time. I got both on my computer and I'm always hopping between versions :P.

After patching up to 3.5, only when online, all my shots does not cause any damage, (can't even break glass window) - and there is an announcement at the bottom about TOST or something.How do I solve this?

Thank you!

Edited by Coffeecup

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

TOST is outdated part?

Just ignore it, it's server side and not important.

Tried go to options and see if 'Fire' has any bind button?

pirukas    0
pirukas

We are running version 3.4, however, the 3.5 community seems to be slightly more active at the moment. Although it doesn't seem to be that much of a difference.

In my opinion, you should go with the version that suits your preferences in terms of gameplay. ;)

Theysaid it all, I used to have both versions on my PC too. But feeling of the 3.4 was too UT-like, and crouching bothered me, crouching feels like lying on the ground.
3.5 is more realistic imo, but for 3.4 players it is too slow.
At a point where you come back to TO after all those years I think you should just install both versions and you will see in time what is actually for you :)

Edited by pirukas

Coffeecup    5
Coffeecup

Theysaid it all, I used to have both versions on my PC too. But feeling of the 3.4 was too UT-like, and crouching bothered me, crouching feels like lying on the ground.
3.5 is more realistic imo, but for 3.4 players it is too slow.
At a point where you come back to TO after all those years I think you should just install both versions and you will see in time what is actually for you :)

Thanks pirukas! I have installed both as well, while 3.4 works perfectly, but the 3.5 is problematic :unsure:

TOST is outdated part?

Just ignore it, it's server side and not important.

Tried go to options and see if 'Fire' has any bind button?

Thanks ZEE.WONK! yes the fire button is bound.

3.4 works well, but the 3.5 problems are as below:

I patched my retail to 3.4 then 3.5.
I can connect to servers, and can fire my weapons (can see the weapon flash and shells) but nothing is hitting anything - no hit decal, can't even break glass. Same thing with knife - I can see the animation but it causes no damage.
Also, I found out that I can keep on firing my weapon without running out of ammo - but whats the use if I can't hit anything :cry:

These problems are the same in several different servers.

Edited by Coffeecup

Sign in to follow this