This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
Sign in to follow this  
NaChO

Give TO a New Life! Please use a Translator for bad English

NaChO    0
NaChO

Als ich vor über 10 Jahren began TO zu zocken wusste ich noch nicht wie viel mir an diesem Spiel liegt. Nunja ich zocke das Game nun schon seit über 2 Jahren nicht mehr, doch ich wurde es gerne wieder anfangen, da es einer meiner besten Games war die ich je gespielt habe. Die Community war damals der Hammer! Man konnte Freundschaften schließen, gemeinsam über Strategien nachdenken und über Teamspeak sich aufregen. Man konnte wundervolle Mods und auch Maps erstellen ohne dafür Geld zu bezahlen "Was heute auch noch möglich ist". Wenn man sich aber die Spieler anschaut die dieses Game heute noch zocken, und allgemein wie viele es noch sind "bekommt man Angst". Ich heiße Christian aka NaChO falls es jemanden was sagt, und ich muss erhrlich zugeben dieses Spiel ist einfach alles für mich! Klingt komisch ist aber so :D Ich hatte eine kleine Idee und ich wusste nicht an wen ich mich wenden soll. Die Idee ist, Tactical Ops wieder bekannter zu machen um somit wieder Spieler zu erhalten, die dieses Game Spielen. Der Gedanke dahinter ist das Spiel mit Werbung und natürlich mit dem einverständnis der dazugehörigen Firmen wieder neues Leben einzuhauchen! Ich denke das wenn wir genügend Stimmen erhalten und auch noch Werbung dafür machen, wir dieses Game retten können. Mein Traum wäre natürlich dieses als Free to Play anbieten zu können. Meiner Meinung nach ist es für die Hersteller gute Werbung und wir würden unserem geliebtem Spiel neue Spieler bescheren. Mir liegt echt viel an diesem Spiel und wenn man mal überlegt das CS 1.6 das meißt gespielte Shooter Spiel ist, warum kann TO da dan nicht mithalten? Ich weiß es klingt komisch, doch ich wäre sogar bereit dafür Geld zu bezahlen um dieses grandiose Spiel wieder zu beleben. Zudem es viel besser wie CS 1.6 ist. Wie gesagt es ist ein Gedanke eine Idee und wenn Ihr genau so denkt wie ich, dan lasst uns dieses Game retten! Das Moto heißt "Rettet Tactical Ops" oder "Tactical Ops Free to Play".

Vielleicht denkt Ihr ja genau so wie ich, und vielleicht können wir mit genügend Stimmen oder Geld diesen Traum erfüllen. Den mir tut es weh solch ein großartiges Spiel verroten zu lassen. Tactical Ops bleibt einfach ein tolles Spiel, egal wie alt es ist. Und diejenigen die dieses Spiel kennen oder einmal gespielt haben, die Wissen von was ich rede. Den egal welche Bugs oder Fehler dieses Spiel hat, es war einfach schon immer GRANDIOS!
Jede Stimme, jedes Kommentar, jeder Betrag, jede vorliebe für dieses Spiel hilft uns dabei es wieder zu belben!
Bitte meldet euch! Unter meiner E-Mail Adresse chris-pimprider@gmx.de "Sorry die ist schon über 10 Jahre alt :D"

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Christian aka NaChO | NaChO/LiBrE

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

I love this game to, But doubt it will come active once again :(

Ladytjuh    16
Ladytjuh

Its not gonna happen. The old ppl who played this game grow up and have now a busy life. And the game is to old for the new kids, they don't know this game lol

MARTY    24
MARTY

Old games such as Tactical Ops will never become active again. Like Ladytjuh said everyone has grown up and the new kids won't start playing a game like Tactical Ops and why should they. Maybe with the release of CPI we will see some more oldschool people come back, but I doubt it.

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

the type seems to be not the brightest :D
and he say his englisch is bad, his german is bad to, and he is german 
WTF O.O

and what he is talking we dont need to discuss this ^^

pirukas    0
pirukas

there is a big problem to that, that accurd yesterday, Gamespy Master-Servers shutdown also affected TO Master-Server. and our serverlist do not have a home anymore. only way to see servers is on gametracker.com http://www.gametracker.com/search/ut/?search_by=map&query=to-(shows only servers that are added there by server owners)... There is alot of work to be done if we want to start using a new masterserver. I hope we still have people that want to resurrect TO

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

i dont think that the server is shutt down, i have this sometimes but normally not longer as 6 hours maybe server is attacked, broken, crashed or anything
and to let the server run are no costs for a company 

Edited by kimoomik

pirukas    0
pirukas

Gamespy even annouced it, Master -server is shut down. Google it.

but another question is can qtracker be compatible with TO somehow? (there are no such entrys for the TO as the Tutorial shows for UT)

http://www.qtracker.com/master-gamespy.php

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

thats from februar 2013 ^^but without masterserver we have lost many players because many guys havent favorits or dont knoe to join a server otherway...
thats a sad way to let this game dieing...

Thomas    312
Thomas

Even if it does (I don't know what he posted because I don't have an account there), most players are unaware of it, and will consider the game to be 'dead', unfortunately. This will have great impact on the entire TO playerbase (for what's left of it, that is), which in effect also affects the amount of players that are aware of it.

We are currently having an internal discussion regarding the matter.

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

anyone knows if it works for both versions or only in 3.5? 
i dont want destroy my ini

post-45-0-22226300-1406489459_thumb.jpg

pirukas    0
pirukas

make a backup of your .ini before you try it... you should make back up of your ini before any changes actually.
but if 3.4 ini has those entry's, it will work

MARTY    24
MARTY

They say in the topic that you will get all 3.4, 3.5 and UT servers in one list. So it should work for 3.4 too. Haven't tried it out yet.

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

mh relexa tried it and he said it doesnt work fro him, but i think he makes anything wrong 
i will try it later

kimoomik    66
kimoomik
here is my .ini if anyone wants it, but idk if it works for everyone becuase i have ctf mod, bot unbalancer and few other things installed

here again the configurations which needs the server that u can see him on this list 

Ladytjuh    16
Ladytjuh

3.5 is getting alive guys, there's an Facebook page with al oldskool players and everyone is getting curious to play again. Maybe we all have to patch to 3.5 and play there :) U need ese and ese has servers online. I did play a map yesterday hihi. 

934783_10152177588301831_430055254017656

like u seeeee many ppl! 

BTW! Because of 3.4 i'm an hugeasssssss noob at 3.5  lol

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

3.5 sucks and 3.4 have more players ^^

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

lol 3.4/3.5 same thing(almost) i even got out voted before cuz i got to many headshots there xD

Ladytjuh    16
Ladytjuh

3.4 more players? Nah don't think so.

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

3.4 have more players in 3.5 are more guys who plays the complete day (no life or whatever) :D

MARTY    24
MARTY

lol that's not true Kimo.