This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
Gilou

Back to the past , but how to reinstall it clean?

Gilou    0
Gilou

Hi everyone !
Got a nostalgic moment so I wanted to launch Tops on my computer, but of course, it didnt't go as planned.
No more server list.... I understadn now it's because gamespy closed the server... too bad :/
No "tactical-ops.to" anymore? ( or some URL like that? )
It was my last memory of a centralized website for teh game, with links to anti cheat etc ( the famous ESE ).
So I've found this website, happy to see some people keep this game alive :)

I've 3.5 patch installed on my computer, over the retail version of AoT.... I understadn thats maybe why I cant connect to the 3 servers I see online ( on the side of the main page).
Actually, the 2 empty servers make a " to-"nameofthemap" version missmatch, the 3rd server, with players, don't react ( it says " connecting to http:// ip " and nothing happen :/ )

SO a few questions ....

Is it possible to connect with the retail version + patch ( if I reinstall it only with 3.4? )
I've read that 3.5 is also still active, how is it possible to find any servers ?
Is there a chance to have " tactical assault" one day ?
How is crossfire going ?

Hope to see you soon on one server :)
Gilou ( alias TO-Dreamer)  from Belgium

Thomas    312
Thomas

Hi, and welcome! :)

Unfortunately there are barely any Tactical Ops websites (both official and community operated) left. The official website (tactical-ops.de) appears to have been shut down as well. Some community websites that are still online:

The TO community has taken a couple of huge blows lately, there aren't too many players left. Due to the massively decreasing amount of players, they tend to concentrate on a single server during the entire day (in the best case scenario, two servers), effectively eliminating the "freedom of choise" you'd normally have of what server you'd like to play on. You basically just play on the server that has... well... all the remaining players.

Regarding your other questions:

• Absolutely! :)
  • We have a resolution available in our downloads section to workaround the master server issue.
  • Are you referring to the sequel of Tactical Ops? If so, it's now called "Critical Point: Incursion" (even though it's not the official sequel to Tactical Ops, it is considered to be by many). The game is currently in Alpha phase. We're basically all waiting for the release of this game.  ;)
  • I'm afraid I cannot answer this one, I don't really follow the news regarding Crossfire.

Gilou    0
Gilou

Hey !
Thanks for answers :)

I reinstalled TO retail + patch 3.4 and it seem to work... I mean, I can see the server list in " favorites".
But the 2 mains servers give me the following error " your open gl driver is too old" .
I downloaded and reinstalled  the newest driver from nvidia.com... no effect :/
Any idea?

Gilou    0
Gilou

Thanks
I went to direct 3d instead, its working...
Its just that I have my Tos in german... i'll try to find the 3.4 english atch instead :D
Btw, FDD people are quite good ....

Overlord / INfamous    4
Overlord / INfamous

I'm downloading all things again, so if someone wants to play, just msg me :)

sp33dCore    16
sp33dCore

Overlord, monica whats gooood :D

Overlord / INfamous    4
Overlord / INfamous

Overlord, monica whats gooood :D

Whaaaaaaat?

sp33dCore    16
sp33dCore

havnt seen you in ages dude :D

Overlord / INfamous    4
Overlord / INfamous

Uhm, what was your nick before mate? :D

sp33dCore    16
sp33dCore

this 1 :)

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

and now is his nam e fagbitch69 :D

sp33dCore    16
sp33dCore

skygirlkimooo69 <3

Overlord / INfamous    4
Overlord / INfamous

Uhm it was long time, I can't remember all names. But hey anyway! :)

sp33dCore    16
sp33dCore

How the hell can you forget ME :D

papazione    0
papazione

Hey guys, need some help with  the game. I have probably got five-six players ready to come back playing if i get this to work.

So i downloaded the game, installed 3.4, patched it to 3.5, updated my .ini and opengl driver but then get crash when trying to launch the game. This is the errormessage i get http://aijaa.com/QiGMZY. With fresh .ini i could enter the game but no servers were to be found. Got some advices how to come online or do i have to play with bots only.

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl
sp33dCore    16
sp33dCore
sp33dCore    16
sp33dCore

As you can see ! :)

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl

Allways nice to hear my download working for people ^_^

It better be, it must have been downloaded allot in total, and in the past i found out i had made small mistake and the idea of people expecting a fixed proper download and getting a error or something not configured right sucks.

Alltough i get quitte some positive feedback thru the YouTube channel, there allways people with problems on allmost daily basis. Sometimes they send email, lots about ESE.

Example this i had 5 hours ago:
" I downloaded 2 types of Data (Zip and /-Zip) when I open these both files with Winrar, 1000 times the popup window says there are a huge amount of mistakes. I have a new and expensive PC with Win7 system. what to do? "

Im like.. come on dude :P haha ow well.. told em to download 7-Zip