This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
Sign in to follow this  
Knight_Ken

Getting "version mismatch" with ESE server

Knight_Ken    1
Knight_Ken

I didn't played the game for a long but i saw that Master Server has been shutdown or i don't know, and i've been interested playing wih ESE but i'm always getting that message, so maybe i didn't made a "clean" installation of the game so if someone could help me the way it should be installed it would be helpful for me and many people who has the same issues.

Is there any way we can play(without ESE)?

Thanks.

Thomas    312
Thomas

Does it show any specific package name when you get this error? Could you copy & paste the console output please?

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

install 3.4 before u install 3.5 

btw the ini in the forum is for 3.4 if is that the problem...

and u need the actual open gl driver (u can download it here in forum too)

Knight_Ken    1
Knight_Ken

Does it show any specific package name when you get this error? Could you copy & paste the console output please?

​Hi, i just opened the console but there is nothing in there.

Thank you for the quick reply.

Edit: i tried to connect to a server and got AntiVerdon version mismatch. Some server use different or modified files that makes confusion.

I think i just need to delete my own file in question and reconnect again.

Now i tried to remove To-richurban3.utx and after that i get "downloading richurban3 no allowed".

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

i tried to connect to a server and got AntiVerdon

​yes i think we have the problem, thats will happen when u only install the 3.5 patch

Thomas    312
Thomas

Sorry, I actually meant the client log. Tools → Show Log ;)

Knight_Ken    1
Knight_Ken

Sorry, I actually meant the client log. Tools → Show Log ;)

​Ok i got it

log.txt

Knight_Ken    1
Knight_Ken

​yes i think we have the problem, thats will happen when u only install the 3.5 patch

​Do i have to install from the old to the newest? I personnaly used the patch 3.5 after installing the mod from the CD.

First i installed Unreal Tournament then with the CD of Tactical ops i installed on UT directory and finally the patch.

Thomas    312
Thomas

The retail version of TO is not dependant on UT, and should therefore not be installed in the same directory (while it may work depending on the directory structure, it's generally bad practice to install different applications in the same folder, especially if they overwrite components of each other).

Just to make sure we're on the same line, you are talking about the retail version of TO, correct?

Knight_Ken    1
Knight_Ken

The retail version of TO is not dependant on UT, and should therefore not be installed in the same directory (while it may work depending on the directory structure, it's generally bad practice to install different applications in the same folder, especially if they overwrite components of each other).

Just to make sure we're on the same line, you are talking about the retail version of TO, correct?

​Yes from the retail version, sorry for the late reply.

Thomas    312
Thomas

Okay, in that case I'd suggest to start with a fresh new install (in a separate directory) following the installation instructions provided by kimoomik. :)

Please let us know about the results.

Knight_Ken    1
Knight_Ken

That was pretty annoying i had to install Tactical ops on C:\ not on program files because that fucking ESE said no "we don't recommend you to install there or there...", and some patches install copy another folder with the same name like C:\Tactical Ops\Tactical Ops ........ so i had to move and replace and because i'm using windows 7 i'm getting the "you need administration permission".......

Well i got it work by installing Tacticalops from CD> 315patch2> Patch 340> Patch 350.

I succefully entered 3 servers in row but i needed to put password(from ESE?) or from their site if it does exist.

It seems that all servers from ese are empty, only bots are spawning once entering the server.

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

Heard there is more players on 3.4 than 3.5 not sure if it's true since i dont play 3.5 any longer. 

And at 3.4 you don't need ESE :P

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

why 3.1.5? as retail game on cd u have already version 3.1.9 
es 3.5 lost most of their players because their have no support like in 3.4, we have a few forums 

headhunter    35
headhunter

kimoomik would the .ini be scooped by any anticheat systems ?

like utdc? 

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

it cant ini. is from a fresh reinstall, only the masterserver entries are changed...

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

* .ini
cant find a edit button, we have atm no one or im blind? :D

ah on this post is now a edit button, do u set a time limit for edit thomas?

Sign in to follow this