This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
Sign in to follow this  
reborn

Server issue

reborn    0
reborn

Hi guys,

I downloaded the server files from your website. But when i start server [ TacticalOpsServer.bat ] it starts i can see it in the server list but when i join local or not local. I can't join the server. The chooise for Terrorist SF or Random does not appear.. 

I didn't modified the ini that came along i just downloaded it. unpacked it. and started it.

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

u want to create a own server or u tried to join a server? then u dont need any server files and in first case i cant help, i never runned a server...

reborn    0
reborn

I wanna create an own server. Before master server was fucked up. i had one too. and i worked perfect. But now with the new server files it doesnt..

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

mh ok, wait for thomas, but for what u want to create a new server in these days? never more as 30 guys play at the same moment and noone join new servers, see no sense to do this, but its not my money :P

reborn    0
reborn

I'm talking to some old players who are gonna come back. i think in this month there will be a lote more players when i am done:)

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

5 guys more +/- 2 is not really a difference, and about which players u speak? maybe we/i know them :)

reborn    0
reborn

no i am talking 20 more or 30 maybe if i can contact my old list. They all think nobody plays because of master server down xD

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

sounds not like they are very interessted to play, i mean everyone can find easily the solution for this and/or whats happened
https://www.google.de/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=tactical+ops+master+server+down
https://www.google.de/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=tactical+ops+server+list
but lets see how much come back, the day is not over before the sun goes down
searches i dont want to post because on first side a cheatforum is linked :D

i only brouht 4 guys back and they play rarely =/

sullivaN.    9
sullivaN.

Reborn it's a good idea! I hope it will be succesfull!

Edited by sullivaN.

Thomas    312
Thomas

I'd like to emphasize that this is a question and answer forum, similar to StackOverflow.

This is solely intended for questions to which a single sided answer exists (and therefore doesn't require further counter questions), and potential answers to the question. Not to discuss about it (contrary to a normal topic, in a Q&A forum every reply is considered to be an answer). Useful answers can then be upvoted by the community, and the most useful answer should be marked as such to indicate that the question has been answered. :)

For instance (this is just to illustrate the use case of Q&A style forums):

• Bob has a problem and decides to ask for help in the question and answer forum describing the issue as detailed as possible (including what has been tried so far to resolve it);
  • Eve knows a potential solution to the question at hand and thus answers it in a very descriptive fashion, providing as much detail and background information as possible (and sources if applicable);
  • Pete on the other hand doesn't know an answer to the question and thus moves along, looking for other questions he might be able to answer

Because a single sided answer doesn't exist in this case (many different causes are possible here -- we'll have to rule them out one by one) I have moved this to the support discussion forum.

Having cleared that up, let's find out what's going on here :)

You mentioned that you are unable to join the server from both WAN and LAN, this could be an indication that a firewall is blocking all inbound traffic. Have you tried opening up UDP port 7777 and 7778 in your firewall (or temporarily disabling it)?

Edited by Thomas

reborn    0
reborn

Me poorten staan open en heb me firewall uitgeschakeld. Zowel in me router als op de Windows installatie. 

Thomas    312
Thomas

Are you using the default Windows Firewall, or a third-party firewall? What version of Windows are you running?

Does the server console show anything when you attempt to join?

Sign in to follow this