This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
Sign in to follow this  
sullivaN.

Can't play normally because slow gameplay

sullivaN.    9
sullivaN.

Hello everyone,

There is suddenly a problem with my TO. Now I move very slowly. It's not lagg, because I still have the same ping as before. It's very frustrating to play like this. I have this issue on all 3.4 and 3.5 servers, except FFD private server here can I play like I normally do. I never had this problem before.

I know that lolly have the same issue as me. Are there more players that have the same issue?

Shone    42
Shone

Check your game speed when you join other servers, maybe there is some misstake in configurations. 

Edited by Shone

sullivaN.    9
sullivaN.

Everything is the same I always had. My netspeed is 10000, I already changed this but no effect

Thomas    312
Thomas
On 13-9-2015 22:23:35, Thomas said:

Let's start by verifying the game configuration. Please post the contents (preferably in a code block rather than including the actual files) of your TacticalOps.ini and User.ini files. In case you have installed the game using the original installation image with default settings (and you're running a version of Windows greater than XP), you will find these files in the VirtualStore:

%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Infogrames\Tactical Ops\System

If not.. well... you'll know where to find it :)

Thomas    312
Thomas

By the way - although I never experienced this myself and it's just something that came up to me while reading your post - there have been reports about TO not handling multicore processors very well, resulting in various artifacts including fluctuating game speed (again, I cannot confirm this myself nor can I imagine why it would affect anything considering TO is not multi-threaded).

If you're on a multicore processor (which I assume is the case) you could try to set the process affinity to use only 1 core and see if it helps anything. If it does, I'd be very interested to know what type of processor you have. If it doesn't, we'll just have to look further. You mentioned Lolly is experiencing the same issue, perhaps you guys have something in common in regard to your setups.

sullivaN.    9
sullivaN.

My processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T5500@1.66GHz

Graphic card: GeForce GO 7600

It's a windows xp computer. I never had these problems before so it's a bit strange for me.

User.ini

TacticalOps.ini

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

I had this issue, When i changed options ingame.

Network: LAN made me walk in kinda slow motion so changed to cable,Dsl. And worked for me.

Shone    42
Shone

You can run TO on "calcilator" i think that it doesn't depends of yours pc configuration. It worked much better at my old PC than at this 1 and that pc was way much weaker than this 1 i use now.

Edited by Shone

Thomas    312
Thomas
41 minutes ago, Shone said:

It worked much better at my old PC than at this 1

You pretty much confirmed it yourself there ;)

TO is reported to have some issues on modern CPU's.

Shone    42
Shone

I know many games that cannot be runned on dual or quad core processors. Fount that out when i instaled one of my favorite games "Scarface - The world is yours", it works only on single core processors.

Peterie    93
Peterie

I may have some good news for you. Or bad, dunno the problem you have sucks. As strange as it is when the problem appears, as strange it is when the problem disappears. I've had this problem several times and I still don't know how I was able to get rid of it each time.

Some thing I've tried:
Update drivers
Delete TO cache
Use oneproc
Reïnstall TO (make sure you delete all files)

sullivaN.    9
sullivaN.

I reinstalled my TO but that didn't help. So now im using oneproc and for now thats helping

Thomas    312
Thomas

That's good to hear :) Perhaps there's a relation between using an older OS (Windows XP) and a multicore CPU.

I'll be doing some more research to find out if there's something to it :)

kimoomik    66
kimoomik
10 hours ago, Peterie said:

Update drivers

that can gho wrong, never change a running system :D

Peterie    93
Peterie
14 hours ago, kimoomik said:

that can gho wrong, never change a running system :D

Lol, maybe it's time for you to completely reinstall windows ;) 

18 hours ago, Thomas said:

That's good to hear :) Perhaps there's a relation between using an older OS (Windows XP) and a multicore CPU.

I'll be doing some more research to find out if there's something to it :)

Nope, I've had this problem on windows 7 (32 bit, ultimate) to. Since I have a new laptop which can run the 64 bit version I haven't had the problem though.

kimoomik    66
kimoomik
9 hours ago, Peterie said:

Lol, maybe it's time for you to completely reinstall windows ;) 

i even should do it, but im to lazy to copy all the stuff, alot of my usb ports works anymore, even like my windows button and a few other things 

and no this applies in general, u can get compatibility problems etc. i think thomas would tell u the same, if all works fine dont change anything 

Thomas    312
Thomas
7 hours ago, kimoomik said:

i think thomas would tell u the same, if all works fine dont change anything 

I would tell you the exact opposite :)

Drivers are tested by Microsoft (WHQL) before they are pushed to the public, ensuring they comply with their quality standards and to prevent major issues resulting from the driver. Besides, there's always a reason why the manufacturer publishes a new driver, it usually is to resolve issues (which in rare cases may even extend the lifespan of the hardware!) or to improve performance of the device. So yes, you should always update your drivers. ;)

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

but save as first the stuff whicdh u need, maybe ur windows dont work anymore 

and thomas it is normal that i see this popup on all sites and not only here? (about replies etc.)

Thomas    312
Thomas
3 hours ago, kimoomik said:

this popup

Not quite sure what you mean by a popup..

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Not quite sure what you mean by a popup..

the small window in the right bottom corner as example when u got cited.

Thomas    312
Thomas

Yes, those are browser notifications informing you of anything new when the browser tab is not active :)

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

omg, so i need to close the forum first before i can do other things :D saw it first time while i watching a movie, or can u create an on/off function pls?

Thomas    312
Thomas

You can probably tell your browser/OS not to disturb you when another application is in full screen mode (not sure where, haven't searched for it yet). If you'd like to turn it off for this website specifically - assuming you use Google Chrome - you can do so by simply clicking the green padlock.

It's Dutch, but you get the point.

browser_notifications.png.b8ae23a6f66ae0

Osmel92    0
Osmel92

Here I leave a special patch created by Tech Latin Community [LsT] to correct all these errors Tactical Ops. :-)

-

Greetz, [SK]`HeXeN.~

Edited by Thomas
https://tacticalsquare.com/community/topic/877-tactical-ops-34-new-installer-proyect/?do=findComment&comment=10568

Sign in to follow this