This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
Jack

TO Shuttering Issue

Jack    0
Jack

Hi, and Help !

I'm stuck with a horrible problem with TacticalOps 3.4

First, my humble pc ( on which I'm making tests ) specs are :

Lenovo - G41 Chipset.

4 GB DDR2 Memory.

Core2Duo @ 2.93 GHz

GT 730 1024 mb DDR5 64-bit

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Service Pack 1

I started facing the problem of the annoying micro shuttering since I replaced an old very low-end video card ( GT 220 ).

I haven't had this problem before .. never

I believe it is an opengl issue or nvidia issue 

What I tried and didn't work:

1. Installing Nvidia Drivers : 340.xx & 361.xx

2. turning v-sync on and off.

3. Downloading and installing tacticalops opengl renderer version 3.4 and also 3.5.

4. Reinstalling TactilcaOps from zero and patching to 3.4.

5. Running TO in Compatibility mode for windows xp service pack 3.

Somethings I notice :

* Shutter increases when I move around like viewing more textures in the map; trees and walls etc.

* I don't have this issue in other games like Blur, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3, and others.

* Sometimes the mouse pointer starts moving slowly and shuttering in a strange way even before i host or join a session, I mean in menus.

Is it a known compatibility issue between opengl and modern Nvidia drivers ?

Did any one here get the game working fine and smooth on a modern Series 700, 900 GT or GTX Nvidia card ?

This problem is driving me insane, please help.

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

I'm using the GT 320, I don't have that issue in 3.4. But that happens for me when i tried 3.5 :/

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

when zee have similar problems it shoud be the graphic card, whats with ur old (newer) card?

or have u any onboardchip (processor or mainboard) which u can activate/deactivate?
try 1 time to play with ur gt, then with onboardgraphic if u have it and if both dont work, try it with both at the same time, sounds wierd but have no other idea atm
maybe thomas can help u, he studied computer science, if im right?

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl

Things you could perhaps try:
- Go to windows Energy settings -> processor -> and set Minimum Processor State to 100%
(This forces CPU to be at 100% of frequency all time)

- Go to Nvidia Driver settings and set Power Manage Mode to Prefer Maximum Performance

- When you started TacticalOps.exe set the Core Affinity to only use 1 CPU Core in Windows Task Manager

I have Modern GTX970 in gaming rig and GT610 in Garage PC and both play TO without issues.
Atlernatively you could try the TO 3.4+3.5 package from download section here or tacticalops.tk

Edited by joeycracknl