This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
Jack

Stuck at " Connecting F10 to Cancel "

Question

Jack    0
Jack

Hi,

I've installed a fresh copy of tacticalops and patched to 3.4 and installed some mods and mutators with no problems.

I copied the whole ( Inforgames ) folder to my 2nd PC so we can play LAN at home.

The problem is, when I successfully create an - in game hosted session - from PC1, PC2 sees my server but when trying to join me it hangs on connecting F10 to Cancel, and vice versa.

Two PCs are connected offline via a Gigabit LinkSys switch and I have all firewalls turned off and no anti virus installed.

I'm not sure if I have Updated the opengl renderer dll file or not, I don't think it makes a different.

I play Unreal Tournament 2004 and Stronghold Crusader ( I know they are old ) with no issues.

What ... Should ... I ... Do ... ?

Note : TCP/IP Settings :

Static IPs : 192.168.7.16 ..... 192.168.7.17

Edited by Jack

4 answers to this question

Jack    0
Jack

I found it .. a Mutator called " Tear Gas " was causing the problem

I disabled it and things worked just fine.

But, when I apply mutators to my in-game hosted server, why are they applied ONLY for the player who is hosting the game ?

like on lan, other players who join the game can't do the double jump which is supposed to be distributed to all connected players not only the hosting one. 

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

Online you need OpenGL, Unsure how it is on LAN, Thomas might find some answer for you.

Thomas    312
Thomas

Hi,

Have a look at the server console output when you attempt to join it, and post the result here :)

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl

Could give this package a try, a dedicated server with some stuff set up. It should also work on a LAN environment if you remove the HTTP File Redirect Url.

Contents:
TO AoT v3.4 server
TOST 4.4.2.0 + TO 2.2 Weapons
AIM-IT AoT-X + AIM-IT 2on2 Mappacks
Anticrash mutator + various fixes
Preconfigured with new Master Servers
Free HTTP redirect for fast file downloads

Only have to edit Admin Passwords/Server Name

If you want to play on a Lan Only environment make sure to remove the HTTP Redirect Link so you download files from the server and not a online http server.

When adding mutators make sure you add them to the TOST section of the .ini and not the normal mutator section.

Download: https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B6eENJfjixsNZEFEQzltU2Q5TGc&export=download

Also have other dedicated server packs even with NexGen for online hosting, this package i sometimes use to test some stuff with. But should be perfect for lan play.

More available at: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6eENJfjixsNSk8zMmR0RUJENEE&usp=sharing&tid=0B6eENJfjixsNSDdiX1p6ZFNZNnM#list

Edit: It allows you to play on the same pc you host it on, and other lan users can join as well as online players if you want too.

Edited by joeycracknl