This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
Sign in to follow this  
Overlord / INfamous

Grenade mutator

Overlord / INfamous    4
Overlord / INfamous

My suggestion is that you should consider putting mutator that will stop nade spamming. It's just crazy to play small maps with all that spam. I think it would make game much more "clean". Like this you can only sit and camp, and it gets boring after few rounds to just sit in base. I hope there is one for this :)

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

Already been brought up :P
There is one mutator i know  B][O-NoNadeSpam, But anyone know if it's compatible with TOST 4.2.4.0? It's made for TO 3.5

Overlord / INfamous    4
Overlord / INfamous

I think it's compatible, or some other is at least. I remember 3.4 servers used to have that mutators. Like this maps like RW are really one big mess. :D

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

B][O-NoNadeSpam or another mutator?
If you have it?

Overlord / INfamous    4
Overlord / INfamous

Not sure mate, that was like 7-8 years ago, I hardly remember anything.  Maybe we could find something on spielwe... something. I am really bad at German :D

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

i downloaded nonadespam mutator from spielwieseserver.
Shame the other site went off they had lots of TO stuff =( (http://www.cykex.de/) Been of for years now.

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl

Yea its too bad allot of TO sites have went offline over the years, i remember so many mappacks and maps that are impossible to find.

Even some servers up running have maps and files that are impossible to find on the internet these days.

That also the reason i decided months back to archive all files left online since you never know when the remaining sites go offline without notice.

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

Neo_b from -/EDF/- made some cool maps, And i believe spielwies.... Got at least one of them called ModernTowers.

But want all of his, Contacted him some year ago and he didn't had them any longer =(

You might know this page;

http://www.team-bielefeld.de/games/tactical_ops_assault_on_terror_3.5/download/maps/

federico    23
federico

Buying nades is part of many players strategy.

Personally, I hate when this mutator is enabled.

I always buy one nade each round, sometimes might happen that you I need to buy more because all my team is dead.

Overlord / INfamous    4
Overlord / INfamous

It is part of strategy, I agree with that, but don't you think it's a little bit boring and annoying when you play 8v8 match for example , and everyone take in average 2-3 nades. That's for example 32 nades per round, and there are players that buy nothing but nades. They literally just throw them. It's becomes unplayable.
Ofc that's just my opinion :)

federico    23
federico

I think that everyone should be allowed  to do whatever he wants in the game ( i am not talking about cheats, bugss etc... ), such as moving hostages, camping, spamming nades, as it's part of the gameplay and of a personal strategy.

Yeah, I agree with you that some behavior such as camping and spamming nades might result annoying, but personally I don't like to deny freedom in the game; I prefere to find a way to kill those campers, nade spammers, etc :)

Overlord / INfamous    4
Overlord / INfamous

Well I totally respect your opinion and I think you are right at some points, and maybe nade spamming at Trooper isn't that big problem (bigger map, more ways to attack, etc.) but maps like RapidWaters are pretty much horrible if they spam nades.
Of course we all can't have same opinion, that's why there's forum to discuss :) 

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl

It would be epic if we had a system that dynamically change the Map List on the server population.
This would help greatly against excessive nades with big player numbers in small maps and increase the variety of maps played.

Example: 
If server from 1/18 players to 6/18 players show small maps
When server is 7/18 up to 12/18 show maps like RapidWaters and other "medium maps"
When server is 13/18 to 18/18 only show "big" maps like Trooper and Blister

Value's and player size to map size is just made up but i hope you guys understand where im going :P

Reason i mention this is since we had this running on a few Battlefield 4 servers i was admin on long time ago.

I know we probably will never see this as somebody would have to modify the TOST map voting system.
Allthough the TOST SDK/source files are publicly released we would need somebody with some advanced Unreal engine knowledge i think ^^

(Btw also funny that its in a way nice that TOST released their source files since i think/asume ESE used code from it, but it also gives hackers easy chance to figure out how it works to block it you would think. Possibly they only released source of older versions back then, but today it would be hacker paradise)

Edited by joeycracknl

Overlord / INfamous    4
Overlord / INfamous

Open source TOST isn't problem for TO atm. We are small community, there can be 1-2 cheaters max, and they are easily banned. And your idea sounds great!

Apo    10
Apo

Sg nolame does what you want and more but it's one of my many mutator I have kept private. It has been running on the sg server for a long time.

Sign in to follow this